Blue Dream herm seed plant

Frosty as hell, just like momma!

11 Likes

Niceā€¦my bd throws a seed or two once in a while and Iā€™ve been hording em as I have mamma.

2 Likes

Blue dream tends to herm? Good to know. Late in flower or from stress anytime? First time blooming mine, on 2nd week of flower now.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s another debate I have with growers. Most say theyā€™ve never found a seed in Blue Dream. They claim that the cut I used isnā€™t real. But Iā€™ve sold elbows of BD for many years. There were always a few seeds. But not according to the pros, as one said quote: ā€œIā€™ve grown blue dream 20yrs, and never found a seedā€. And then a few other breeders jumped on the bandwagon with the same claim. One believes mine was from Greenpoint. So thatā€™s the thing, itā€™s really up for debate. But I know mine had a sensitivity to blurple LED, and did not perform well until it was placed under HPS.

1 Like

I use to grow Blue Dream when it was a clone only strain and never got a hermie or seeds.

3 Likes

the original santa cruz blue dream cutting is practically bulletproof. I grew it for 3 years when I lived in the bay area and Iā€™ve never seen it herm under any conditions.

just look at growinghigherā€™s blue dream thread. the real cut wouldnā€™t herm even when he used silver for his femenized seed project.

2 Likes

The one I have is supposed to be the Santa Cruz cut, so good too now.

2 Likes

I would say it does not ā€˜tend to hermā€™, but never say never. one or two seeds per pound maybe. We have run this cut since long before rec weed in Oregon, maybe 6-8 years and it was old school when everybody had it.

1 Like

I purchased some Humboldt Dream for next summer. Blue Dream x Purple Panty Dropper. Lol

2 Likes

So after all the fussing about this not being the real blue dream cut, and blah blah blah. It was made by an accidental pollination with Mountain Mist. I recognize those cough syrup terps anywhere. So I have a plant that now smells like blue dream cough syrup. Whether or not sheā€™s a banger, time will tell. Mountain Mist contained cannabinoids other than just THC. Definitely had some CBD in there. So itā€™ll be really interesting how this plant turns out.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been working the purple panty dropper line for quite some time now! Thatā€™s awesome! Tried to do a preservation run of it but my pollen was to old, I have one seed left of it, if itā€™s a male maybe I can send ya some pollen for a PPD bx :wink:

1 Like

That would be awesome, ive been wanting to make some more seeds.

1 Like

Well give me a shout right before you throw your beans and Iā€™ll toss it and hope for some luck

1 Like

For sure, it will be spring time I imagine.