Strawberry Cream from Led_Seedz (OG fundraiser auction)

Hello all! It’s been 7 days since most of them popped up. 5 days for the stragglers. They’re basking 11" below 2 T5HO tubes 18/6 for now.

Front row: #1 - 6 Back row: #7 - 13.

I planted & numbered them starting with the longest root tip first. It looks like growth rate isn’t related to root tip length. Lots of variation here. Do male plants show their vigor this early? If so, there’s 5 of 'em. I still have to sanitize the tent before I can move them in. I’ll post the grow space specifics and pics once they’re in the tent.

9 Likes

strawberry jam pheno, that sounds amazing, i’m betting on lucky 13!

5 Likes

Yeah, I might run that clone one or two thousand times.

4 Likes

I think so.
I believe the phenomenon of the biggest, best, most Kodak-ready plants more often being males, is from the extra gibberellin production. It doesn’t necessarily make then grow faster, like extra cytokinin would, but it increases the size of the cells which creates the robustness and height, allowing the males to rain pollen down on the females.
Full disclosure, though. I hold no botany degree, just an avid reader.

4 Likes

Yep, and so do the vigorous females. :wink: That said, this will not be the fastest plant in history vegging.

A lite breeze over the tops will do them some good under a T5 just to keep them from stretching early, but these should grow almost like a pure kush and be beefy.

Slow and steady.

5 Likes

Hello fellow Growers! It’s been a week now and the action is ramping up. The plants took off really fast at first, then droopy leaves and not much upward growth. I was thinking over/under watering. Most of the roots were growing >1/2 way up the sides of the cups, so I up-potted to 1 gal. plastic pots. Most are responding well, a few are stressed. I’ll keep them there until they show gender.

Grow Space: 4’x4’x7’ tent
Lighting: 700w LUSH Dominator 2X LED
Ventilation: 6" 400cfm axial fan + 6" osc. fan
Soil mix: 75% Fert-i-lome Ultimate, 25% Growstone GS2
First time using Megacrop
Environment D/N Temp: 74/68 RH: 45/52
Day 10 18/6 light schedule

#13 (center, no #), last one to pop.

#8 is stressed, the soil fell apart during up-potting.

I fed them 16 oz ea. Megacrop @ 2g/gal. Hopefully, I’ll see results like @Dabber68.

10 Likes

Hello fellow growers. Change is happening. I’m not sure if it’s the up-potting or the Megacrop nutrients, but I’m really happy with the results! #8 is recovering nicely from root shock. Little #13 (last to pop) is 200% improved, and the rest are doing well :grinning:

#13 (no number tag)

#10-12

#7-9

#4-6

#1-3

What looks like tip burn on #10, is damage due to problems shedding it’s helmet. The LED is 33" above the plants. The mfrs. chart says 600 umoles. Is this adequate for veg, or should I crank it up a bit?
Hoping everyone’s grow is exceeding your dreams :grin:

10 Likes

Looks like they want to play.

Nice

3 Likes

Let the Games begin! This is my 5th grow and I’d like to be more aggressive in feeding & topping for now. Maybe LST on the next grow. Toddler steps. I’m looking at scaling down @Dabber68 feeding schedule/amounts to fit my containers. I’m still learning every day.

4 Likes

Then you have been taught well. :wink:

99%

4 Likes

Thanks to you, and many OG Brothers & Sisters advice :smiley:

3 Likes

They look a little under lit to me. I would move the light a little closer to 24" as long as you can keep the heat down and see if they don’t bulk a bit. Maybe go like 5" a day over a couple of days to get there.

2 Likes

Thanks @LED_Seedz. I was thinking I would decrease the distance over time. They were under a 6 lamp, T5 HO fixture, with 2 3000K lamps in the mix (30000 Lumens max) and I didn’t want to light shock them. I also don’t know the umole limit for Veg. stage. Lush chart says 24" = 70K lumens/900 PAR umoles. 18" = 100K lumens/1300 PAR umoles . Also says keep plants no closer than 20" (1175 umoles). Will I have enough light for flowering?

2 Likes

You want to have about 50 real watts a foot to do well. Anything more is gravy. I have seen both positive and negative press about that light that you have. Hard to tell until you get some time under it how well it will do.

3 Likes

Greetings fellow Overgrowers! It’s day 21 now. The plants are starting to fill out, despite a possible pH problem. My pH meter crapped out, tap water tested 1.4 low, wouldn’t calibrate. Got a new probe, we’re back in business! The light is 26" above the plants (800 umoles). Most plants have 5th series leaves showing now. They’re showing their Indica traits, fat leaves, staying compact and overall looking happy.

And let’s not forget #13

#6 still curls along the length of the leaf.

Some pics of #'s 1, 9, 10 & 11

#10 is the tallest at 5.5"
# 11 is the bushiest.

Most plants average 4" tall, with #12 being the shortest at 3". I plan on topping them at the 8th node and take 4 cuttings from each plant… Candelabra style per @LED_Seedz. They’re being fed 12 oz nutes (4g Megacrop per gal. 6.2 pH, 1.1 EC) every other day. I’ll up that to 4.5g/gal. next feeding an see how they like that. No signs of light burn yet, so I’ll be lowering the light to 24" (900 umoles).

9 Likes

They are looking much healthier now :thumbsup: :seedling:

3 Likes

Greetings all, from the melting North! What a difference a week makes. It’s day 30 of Veg now. I think I found the “sweet spot” of my LED fixture (26"). I’m feeding 12 oz/plant with 4g/gal Megacrop & 2 ml CalMag every other day. The plants really took off.

I’m not sure if the next 2 pics (2 days ago) are the start of gender or another new node, Either way, I’m pumped!

Here’s Day 30 pics before feeding

I deleted the group pics by mistake. This pic was taken 2 hrs after feeding. The media was fairly dry, why are they all starting to droop? These plants have a weird watering cycle. I’ll up-pot to 5 gal. fabric pots sometime this week. Maybe that will help. Or is it better to up-pot after the flip?

Most of the plants have 7 nodes. I’ll have to top em’, take some cuttings, up pot and flip them in 7-10 days. Is it better to space it out over a week and then flip em’? Is there a preferred sequence? I don’t want to stress them too much.
It’ll be a busy and fun week for sure.
Peace OG

5 Likes

They are looking good.

Bet they could take the “snip and flip”

2 Likes

Is there a benefit to final up potting during the first 2 weeks after the flip? I’ve also read, to take cuttings the 3rd week of flowering too! I have to remember to Keep It Simple :grinning:

3 Likes

yes, I’ve also noticed that the LED needs to be far away when the plants are small, I’m starting mine around 40" and letting the plants slowly grow closer. I would transplant to the 5 gallon when they’ve rooted through the smaller contaiiners, looks like at least another few days to a week maybe?

I don’t like to take clones more than a few days after 12/12 starts, the cuttings get stuck in flowering mode and it takes a while for them to recover & resume veg growth.

3 Likes