Strawberry Cream from Led_Seedz (OG fundraiser auction)

I ran a hydro store in MI and sold about 60 of the LUSH lights

I did a couple side by sides with 1k watt HPS

2 Likes

n heres to hoping you find a strawburry jam gal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I generally up pot one week before flower from 3ā€™s tp 5ā€™s

roots grow till week 3 of flower

the 5ā€™s are generally full to the brim so yep it works just fine

2 Likes

For sure up pot then go maybe 3 days then flip. I am not familiar with your food, but judging by the pics you are underfed a bit. I would double you next feed and get the same color from top to bottom. Right now your lowers are lighter in color which tells you, Feed Me.

As for the size of pot I donā€™t see much need from anything more than a 2 gallon indoors for flowering in home gardens. More about proper feeding over size of the pot underneath the plant.
:wink:

Pretty normal for the plants to drop right after being watered especially if they were dry. Nothing to worry about.

6 Likes

I had the light 24" but raised to 26" after I noted the start of tip burn. They seen to like it there now. I plan on transplanting them in 2 days, 3 days later Iā€™ll top & snip, and flip 3 days after that. The cuttings will be labeled and stored in the fridge until sexing is complete. Then Iā€™ll figure out what comes next.

2 Likes

How did the LUSH LEDs fair? The jury is still out on my setup. First grow with ledā€™s, the buds were light & airy, but completely covered in trics. Had I only known about SolStrips earlier, I could have had twice the light for 3/4 the cost.

You are the 3rd person to mention her. She must be something special :smile: Iā€™ll be on the lookout, for sure :eyeglasses: :strawberry:

2 Likes

Haha I have no idea what that pheno is I just see people talking about it :man_shrugging:

lush LEDā€™s are ok but donā€™t seem to be as good as newer ones or whatever

out of the 60 solid I got the most weight out of the 400 watt or whatever

I think about a pound.

first run and was with OGā€™s and then the other was with Cuban black soā€¦ dunno

3 Likes

Iā€™m feeding them 14 oz Megacrop & 1/4 strength Cal Mag every other day, pH 6.2 675 ppm (.5) EC 1.35. The lower leaf color you see, could be influenced by me using a 500w Halogen worklight for photosā€¦ Iā€™ve got to try something else. I recall you saying they like ā€œmoderate nutrient levelsā€. Do you think 1.35 EC is a little weak for Veg? You also said to give them time in veg. No problem there! If all goes well, Iā€™ll probably flip them within 10 days.

2 Likes

I do yes, I feed almost twice that on a daily basis. Mind you I am full blown hydro in coco chips so I have more oxygen available to the roots so I wouldnā€™t recommend every day feeding. I would at least get your PPMā€™s up to around 1100, and get them good and dark right before the flip so you donā€™t go in to flower lacking any of the micro/macro nutrients.

I am not sure what your medium is, but if it is something like Pro Mix which is inert I would drop that PH closer to 5.8 as well. Also 3 or 4 days before you flip do a couple of feedings with 1tsp per gallon of Calmag which also helps transition you in to flower much easier.

At the end of the day you are doing just fine so far. These are just little tips to get you dialed in a little more going forward.

6 Likes

Words cannot express my gratitude and appreciation for the many tips you have given me. Big Thank You!!

Iā€™m using Fert-I-Lome Ultimate potting soil, similar to Pro-Mix with a small nutrient charge.
Ferti-lome Ultimate specs.pdf (92.5 KB)

I added 25% (shouldā€™ve been 15-20%) Growstone 2 for better aeration.
http://growstone.com/the-goods/gs-2-mix-this-soil-aerator/
Iā€™ve never used coco, so canā€™t compare, but this mix drains fairly well, (I get run-off at 14oz in 1 gal. pot). Run-off pH is .1 EC higher than the feeding. Definitely gonna lower pH and up the ppmā€™s.

3 Likes

Greetings, fellow growers! The plants have been slowly improving. Most still have a minor N deficiency. Iā€™ve been feeding @ 950 ppm, 6.0 pH, run-off averages 6.2 pH, gonna up it to 1050 by weeks end.
Day 41, 5 days since flipping to 12/12.

Theyā€™ve grown in height over the past week. Average height is 17". #10 is 22", #12 (the shortest) is 14". I got tired of waiting for pre-flowers to show, so I flipped them on 3/16. Some are starting to reveal themselves. #3 appears fem & #6 is looking male. The rest have tiny bumps for now. They should all be sexed by the weekend. Iā€™ll have more time tomorrow for pics and to highlight the problems with #11 & #12 :confounded:
Till then, Keep 'em Green!

8 Likes

Greetings everyone! I hope all your gardens are doing well. I up potted 2 plants to 5 gal. fabric pots due to becoming root bound. Iā€™m now feeding them 5g Megacrop, 5ml CalMag & 3ml Kool Bloom/gal. (EC 1.97 5.8 pH). Five plants havenā€™t shown anything yet. So far, I think I confirmed 2 males & 1 female.

#3 The first girl. I need a better lens.
#4 could be another girl

#6, the first male.

Not sure about #7

#9 just has white spots at the node.

#10 too soon to tell

Sorry @legalcanada, Looks like #13 ainā€™t so lucky lol.

I wish theyā€™d show soon, so I can cull and up pot the girls. The tent is getting crowded. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

I donā€™t smell any Jam yet!

11 Likes

If you are planning to up pot these do it now rather than wait since you are flipped. Otherwise your plants will go back in to root making instead of flower producing and your crop will be somewhat compromised. If you are in at least 2 gallons of medium, you should be fine to finish these. More about proper feeding than bucket size in hand watered hydroponics.

Did you start using the epsom salt to buffer your magnesium?

5 Likes

Greetings All! A few more have have shown their gender :grinning: So far, thereā€™s 7 females, 3 males, 2 undetermined (leaning towards 1 of each) & #8 is still a no show. Kudoā€™s to @LED_Seedz for that gender ratio. Iā€™m only prepared for 6 girls right now, Iā€™ll have to pick up 3 more fabric pots and media in the morning. I hate to toss out the males. I wanted to collect some pollen for future use maybe. but Iā€™m running out of space.

No, I wasnā€™t aware I needed to buffer anything. I thought CalMag+ didnā€™t need buffering. I have been thinking of using Epsom salts, instead of Calmag+. Megacrop has sufficient Ca in it. Also thinking of using Molassas, instead of the bottled ā€œcandiesā€. Iā€™m trying to simplify things and use more natural additives.

4 Likes

iā€™m pretty sure molasses has mg in it also, check the back of the bottle m80. oh and i think u want unsulphured molasses btw. whats your dosage of megacrop? do u know the TDS?

1 Like

That is my fault. I thought I had mentioned that a few posts back but apparently I was just thinking out loud with no text left in the thread. I wrote Calmag instead of epsom salt, but either work. Iā€™ve just never seen a calcium issue so I feel it is a waste of money when epsom is so inexpensive.

I have not used Megacrop in the past, but I did just recently get a sample coming so I can play with it and see what it may or may not need to make it sufficient. I have never seen a product that works as a stand alone, and most of these single products end up costing more in the end with whatā€™s needed to get them perfect.

5 Likes

Your right @legalcanada. 8% Ca, 8% Mg, 2% Fe, 25mg Sodium, 210mg K & 12g sugars/Tbsp. Iā€™m not sure about that Sodium content. Enough folks are using it, so itā€™s effect must be negligible.

Iā€™m feeding Megacrop at 5g/gal., but I donā€™t check TDS & pH until after adding CalMag & Kool Bloom. Iā€™m feeding 'em today (6g), so Iā€™ll check EC before adding the rest, to give us a base number. @Dabber68 is feeding 4.5g (wk 5), and @horribleherk56 is feeding 10.5g (wk8F). Their plants look really good, (Iā€™m jealous) and no signs of burning. It looks like itā€™s easy (gentle?) on the plants.

2 Likes

I agree. Here is part of a spreadsheet I made using Melā€™s calculator on CW website. It estimates ppmā€™s, so I know where nutes are lacking, or too high.
Nutrient Comparison.pdf (31.1 KB)
Just multiply the PPM x g or ml you plan to use.
Overall, I like using Megacrop. Itā€™s not harsh to the plants.

If I subtract 75 ppm (my well water) from the total ppmā€™s I get 765 ppm (.5) or 1.53 EC. Hope that helps ya.

1 Like

Greetings and salutations fellow growers! Itā€™s day 10 of flowering. The final count isā€¦ 9 girls & 4 boys :joy: I up potted all the girls to 5 gal. Dirt Pots. I culled 2 males, and up potted the remaining two to 2 gal. plastic pots. I hope Iā€™ve got 2 days to build a small flowering cab for them, before they develop stamens. Am I being overly optimistic? The tent will still be crowded, with 9 girls in there. Iā€™ll be pruning them after any transplant stress has dissipated.

The 2 males are in front.

I just couldnā€™t bring myself to cull them all. Itā€™s my first time growing from regular seeds. Iā€™m more interested in learning about their life cycle, than collecting pollen at this point. Now that the busy work is over, itā€™s time to light one up and relax :sunglasses:

2 Likes