StrayFox Growers

I ordered a couple packs mainly for those ethiopian banana x colombian red. My primary meds are bodhi’s ethiopian banana x omg and ethiopian paintbrush x omg.

I chose the chem slayer because I have had great results with chem and stardawg guava hybrids like bodhi’s guava hashplant.

I also got sterling 95 because Olschool (RIP) always raved about the potency and pain relief of I95, and I’ve heard the sterling is a very pungent skunk heirloom.

If anyone has any additional info about the sterling 95 and the chem slayer or their parent lines, I’d love to hear it.

15 Likes

Gunna pop those afghani windz anytime soon? Would like to see a journal of that if you do

3 Likes

Very nice!!! I wonder what the EBxCR expresses!! I would imagine it being uplighting, sativa leaning & tropical fruity? =P

3 Likes

That would be my guess based on the ethiopian banana afghani hybrids from bodhi. I think growing this will be informative to distinguish the traits contributed by the ethiopian from the traits of the OMG as I continue to work the line.

edit- and I would guess this might have a more electric or racy high. the ethiopian is very uplifting but even the sativa dominant phenos of the ethiopian omg have a very gentle energy. (although I did find one pheno that had a very wild adrenaline rush type effect.)

5 Likes

Possibly. I have a few different packs set aside to narrowi down what my next run will be and that’ one is in there.

3 Likes

what do you guys figure the flowering times are gonna be on that strayfox freebie?

3 Likes

If anyone in the future is willing to do a Co-op seed run of this, i will donate my 5 seed pack that i got today (i would send the seeds when the grower is ready).
But they would need to have at least another 5-pack to get the 10 seeds for Co-op approval.

Though, since the freebie pack was just released, it may take a bit of time to be sure Strayfox doesn’t do a larger (for sale) release of the strain.

9 Likes

I could throw in the other 5-pack of Ethiopian Banana x Columbian Red if someone is willing to do the repro for a co-op run. Also that’s assuming if Stray isn’t planning to release this for sale later

5 Likes

Thank you @emeraldbullfrog for putting up your 5 seeds of Ethiop. Banana x Colom. Red for a possible repro!

I’m new to Stray’s work. Does he end up selling some strains that started as freebies? The way Bodhi does. Bodhi sometimes sells strains that orig. were freebies. Just changes the name +/or label.

5 Likes

Absolutely you’re welcome! I’ve received so much generosity and encouragement from this community right from the start. This would be one way I can pay it forward and we can OGTWWL :v:

Gonna have to let someone else answer that. I’m guessing the answer is no, based on seeing multiple strains for sale on Stray’s latest drop that all specified they would be a limited number of packs. But idk if he ever makes freebies into regular lines. Not sure if his freebies are testers like how some breeders do tester freebies to get feedback

4 Likes

I think the best thing to do here guys is to get in touch with Strayfox himself and tell him your intentions and see what he says. I do this whenever possible before making F2’s of a breeders work and sharing them. Especially seeing how this strain is still availlable as freebies currently.
I’ve also got 5 seeds in hand and 5 more on the way so will have 10 once my next glg order arrives. I’m curious about these that’s for sure.

5 Likes

The Ethiopian Banana is 1:1 7% THC:CBD. :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh it’s a type 2?

1 Like

I would bet on 11-12 Weeks… I feel like it’ll stretch 2x or more too.

I’ll probably veg less than a month and flip quickly just to get a feel for it. Especially if it has phenos rich in CBD, unfortunately space is limited in my tents.

2 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind. If someone else doesn’t get to these first I might run it for 2025 outdoor season.

I have several other ethiopian hybrid strains lined up for preservation alongside an outcross to my selected ethiopian omg phenos. This one, as well as doc d’s bananastan and stray’s ethiopian cream.

It seems like sometimes he uses the freebies as a preview of a new female or male he is using on lines for sale. Definitely would be good to get in touch with stray before doing a public reproduction of something so recently released. and an official co-op run would need to wait until the freebie is no longer available from seed banks. It would be elligible for voting when it goes out of stock.

I’m still not sure if the testing results that have been previously posted on this site are actually bodhi’s ethiopian banana cut.

I don’t have access to testing, but the consensus of everyone who has smoked it is that the ethiopian x omg hybrids are very very psychoactive. The perceived potency of most phenos is very high.

Whatever the cannabinoid ratios are, based on my experience with the ethiopian x omg I wouldn’t be concerned about getting low potency phenotypes.

10 Likes

I would love to see what this strain does outdoors…

I was also going to ask your experience with the Ethiopian and its potency. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

There was only one pheno of the ethiopian banana x omg that didn’t blow my mind, and even that wasn’t weak per se.

It just felt similar in effects and potency to an unspectacular haze pheno. The smell was mild like honey and slightly grassy chamomile.

Very high yielding with massive colas. It wasn’t bad just not as unique as the others.

That was the only pheno that I didn’t keep as a cut.

I’ve been growing my final keeper ethiopian banana x omg for 3ish years, and I’ve been growing 3 selected female phenos of ethiopian paintbrush x omg for about a year and a half, as well as 3 males from the same pack.

12 Likes

This is the sister to that one.

3 Likes

I grow the ethiopian banana x omg tester as well as the ethiopian paintbrush x omg that was released as god’s paintbrush. So I’ve had both sisters crossed to the omg.

There was a third ethiopian sister bodhi called spider, but I don’t think that was released even as a tester.

(I did find one pheno of the banana x omg with that spider creeper vine structure though, so that expression can be found. That was the adreneline rush pheno I mentioned earlier. I’m really hoping to get another in the f2s.)

7 Likes

Oh Ok. I was just going off of BodhiGuide

8 Likes