Striped and yellowed auto seedlings 7 days old

Hey everyone… returning to growing after almost 13 years, i used to be pretty dang good at it back in the original overgrow days and ran mostly soil and touched a couple aero grows. Anyway, im back at it now and am trying my hand at my first coco grow in a drain to waste kind of system. Have a pretty nice settup and have good automated control over my environment, which i keep pretty dialed in… so i know the problem with my seedlings is something i am doing to the coco! Some to me look maybe over watered? The striped one though, i have no clue! I read coco couldnt be over watered? Up until yesterday they have only been givin water ph5.8. Yesterday they were fed for the first time… biobizz, root juice, bioheaven and biogrow, at half the lowest recommended dose, and today they recieved their first shot of recharge microbes. The ph on the runoff has been about 6.3, because when i first expanded the coco, i used my normal tap water and the ph was near 8! So its come down quite a bit, didnt have plants in it til 6.6. Runoff ppm is around 450, but 150 is just from my water. So just looking for a little help on getting them on their way! They are glueberry auto from expert seeds, and the striped one is Brooklyn sunrise auto from dutch passion.

5 Likes

That Brooklyn gets big! Have one about 3 weeks away from harvest.

I also grow in coco, and have killed a few due to over watering so it’s possible! I’m doing a bit better, at that age she’s lucky enough to get a shot glass or 2 and that lasts a good 3 days or so.

For prepping my coco I’ve been using 5.8ph water and some calmag, and I dont feed till run off not until she’s well rooted which is usually when her leaves hit the side of the pot which for me has been around week 3.

I would let them be for 2-3days and see where she’s at. I’ve had a sprout that looked like the stripped one to recover from being over watered.

Let’s see what others say! I’m new to this all still so lots of learning.

2 Likes

The size of your pots will determine your feeding schedule. People suggest watering daily in coco but I recommend every 3 - 4 days if big pots to force the roots to search for water but it also helps prevent over watering. I have 2 glueberry OG photoperiods growing at the moment. Strong frosty plants for only being 3 weeks into full bloom. I never feed more than 850ppm and the girls love it. Nice and green with no burning or stressed look at all. They are very young at the moment so try not to stress and love them too much as that inevitably creates problems. LITFA is key at this point :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! So i lowered the humidity to 50, to help dry them out a little… and i will try a bit of litfa for a few days, to see what happens. Almost certain its overwatering because i had that cant overwater coco stuff in my head! Yea i was super excited about the sunrise, and then only 2 out of 10 seeds even germed! So bummed about it! Thought dutch passion was as about as reputable as it gets! Had to be the seeds cuz i did everything the same as i always do for germ, and usually go 10 for 10, or at least 9! :disappointed:Have some crystal meth auto from fastbuds in There also, that just popped yesterday. Super excited!

I’m 6/6 on germinating and 50% of that has died to over watering lol.

She’ll get better with lifta.

Got a journal going? Always on the hunt to learn something.

2 Likes

Yes im very ocd, so i take meticulous notes, calendar, and journal. This coco has taught me so much in just 2 weeks lol

So far i have only added humidity, not had to remove it… So now that ive tried lowering it… the controller is set to 50% RH, with 2% tolerance, so at 52%, the dehu kicks on and should keep it back down to 50%! However… im noticing, that when the dehu kicks on… it spikes the humidity from the 52% that kicked it on… up to 64%, within about a minute, then it plummets and sucks it back down to the 50% its set to maintain. Why would the dehu cause a huge spike for a min before it brings it down? This seems crazy.

1 Like

I’m just on my first run with coco and have found it easy to over water until they fill out the pot. Then it seems you could water as much as you like.
I don’t run a dehu but if it cools or drops the temp at start up the RH would bump up until it starts pulling water from the air. Just a shot in the dark.

4 Likes

Seems like a legit explanation… i bet thats it! The temp 2 min rapid swings like that, wont affect anything especially down the road ya think?

1 Like

I wouldn’t think high RH for that short period would be anything to sweat. You can always lower your set point but wouldn’t be worried until a few weeks into flower

2 Likes