Sugar leaves or popcorn buds, what do you do with yours?

I am currently doing small batches of dry sift just using my stash box that has a built in kief screen. Put a handful of material in there and shake back and forth. Enough to make me happy, but not for big batches.
For qwet, I put everything in the freezer for at least a day before I mix. Then I pour the ethanol in the jar of shake/trim/stems and let it soak 2-5 mins in the freezer. Make give it a shake a few times in that time. Then I strain it into another jar through a fine mesh sieve. I then filter than solution, using two coffee filters layered together, all done in the freezer. Once it was filtered, I dry it completely to shatter. If your making tinctures you’ll prob want to decarb the trim first.

1 Like

It’s just standard bubble hash, any set of bubble bags and a youtube video will set you right.

I could show you how in 5 minutes if you were standing next to me, but a video says a million words.

5 Likes

I usually decarb my material. Then boil and strain the butter with cheese cloth. I found simple methods on Google. Although I do use a double boiler for my butter.

2 Likes

@Irie_islander we pay a processor in Maine to render our dried material, through ice water extraction. Once a year we devote an entire outdoor crop to fresh frozen, solvent-less live rosin extraction.

10 Likes

I just use 5 gallon bags (cheap ones) and a drill to mix.

I also press afterwards to turn it into this black gooey goodness:

12 Likes

Tincture and eddibles.

5 Likes

Right on. Very much like my technique, I learned from Skunk Pharm. I take my liquid to RSO consistency. I have heard and seen others make theirs to shatter. How do you make yours?

I had a patient place the alcohol in the freezer left open and allowed the alcohol to evaporate.

Do you smoke the shatter?

1 Like

Gotcha. Do you dry and sieve your dried hash or let it stay in clumps/chunks?

Oh, okay. I thought it was a method to brown the butter. Whoops.

2 Likes

Heck yeah! This is the direction I want to head toward. Just don’t want to invest in all the equip yet. Live rosin is good stuff. I am curious if it leaves residue when smoked like some rosin made with lesser quality presses. I don’t have a great press just yet. My hits always gunk stuff up. It doesn’t melt like shatter. Waxes and lipids.

1 Like

I pour it out in a pie pan and I leave it out in a warm room or with a fan blowing across it. If I want it done faster, I’ll put it over a pot of simmering water. Just make sure it’s a electric heat source and done in a very well ventilated area. Then yea, I smoke it as dabs use it to top bowls of bud. My next batch I plant to leave some a bit on the gooey side and use it to glue leaves to wrap on a canagar.

3 Likes

That was my jam. When I made rosin I enjoyed pressing bubble hash more than flower, kief, or leaves. Had some beautiful squishes.

Wow, great job man. I didn’t get to go through the whole 1000 + posts but, I hope to be able to ask some questions along the way.

I noticed you have the source? How is that working for you? Do you think it is worth the price vs an air still?

2 Likes

I will have to try this again. It would be awesome if I could get shatter. When I reduce alcohol using heat, even if it is low, it gets dark and stays gooey. Or else, it dries to the point that it sticks to the glass. 🥲

I like that thinking. I was thinking of plugging a cannagar thread, crazy you mentioning it. I was reading an old forum post about someone wrapping leaves around joints like Thai sticks. The amount needed and time grinding is probably what’s keeping me. :rofl:

1 Like

Nice write up,seen someone using that on a YouTube video

1 Like

Just a sieve mate, no bubble bag or ice. I’m a simple man.

You would think I’d know more about making hash having lived in Morocco but unfortunately I don’t. I love my flower

3 Likes

@anon98660487

Thanks. Yes, there are many good videos on how to use the machine on YouTube (no endorsement).

@FattyRoots

Understood. Same, I don’t smoke bubble much anymore and dabbing is hardly my first option but, I always pack a bowl.

How was living in Morocco?

3 Likes

I dry it on the little screen, then transfer the pieces to a piece of plain brown cardboard to dry another couple days. I break mine into small pieces about the size of a bean, then press together into flat squares with folded parchment paper and a glass bottle/jar filled with hot water.

There’s a million ways to skin this cat though, the finest quality hash is microplaned into a powder so it dries very quickly without oxidizing to keep that “beach sand” look, or you can leave in big chunks. It doesn’t particularly matter how you approach it, just personal preference. It doesn’t go bad or anything, hash can last almost indefinitely.

4 Likes

I use an alcohol making still.

2 Likes

The Source Turbo is pretty nice because it let’s me recover my alcohol. To be honest, I havent used mine in quite a while. Usually I clean my rosin bags in ethanol then winterize and reclaim that alcohol. The remaining RSO is saved for eddibles.

3 Likes