Sunshine Daydream f1 open pollination

Day 24 of flower for the females.

Horse cut. She’s looking real nice so far!

#1: I see, and smell, kush influence

#9: she’s growing bunches of golf ball sized frosty nugs. Smells amazing so far.

#11: definitely wants to grow the biggest colas of the bunch. It’s not a great pic but in person you can see it much better

#2: not impressing me at all so far. She looks the worst of the bunch as of now. But we’ll see how she finishes.

#4: looks ok. I know Tykal mentioned his buddy liking this one so I’m keeping an open mind.

And #10: she smells very nice

My favorites so far are the “horse cut”, and #’s 9 and 1.

#10, 11 and 4 are wait and see. #2 is also wait and see but I’ll be surprised if it turns out good.

It’s still too early to tell on any of them, though.

Also happy to report that there are no intersex traits on any of the males or females so far. Knock on wood that continues!

I’m kinda sad about pollinating some of these! I’d love to smoke them seed-less… lol.

I think I’m going to start pollinating today or tomorrow. Then I can do it once more around the end of week 4.

What do y’all think?

32 Likes

Oh, and here’s the ‘92 kush:

Vigorous grower, easy to keep healthy.

Hey @Bobgrows @420noob when do you usually see trichome production start to really pick up?

27 Likes

You have a ways to go.
I’m a trichome watcher. By 8 weeks you’ll see and smell them! Then they just get more dense and full with trichomes!

39 Likes

Sweet, thanks! Yeah that’s more like what I’m hoping to see! :joy: She looks so damn pretty!

I got a couple more clones of the 92 kush’s getting ready for a seed-less run. Can’t wait!

4 Likes

Beautiful!

4 Likes

I know the feeling! When you drop pollen you should cover a branch of each of the females. Like the opposite of what people do when they do partial-pollinations haha.

I’m rooting for the #2! I grew 3 plants from a homemade cross last year, and my least favorite plant has become my favorite one to smoke. Never know until you light the joint.

Nice work!

8 Likes

Thanks!

Yeah I actually thought about doing something like that. I might do it on a few of them at least.

I will be running the females again seed-less after this run. Or at least the ones that seem worth it. We will see how this batch flowers out.

And yeah im still rooting for #2 as well. I’m rooting for all the females to be great smoke! lol

9 Likes

you at about wk4 or so? she will not disappoint. im taking a break from pretrimming my old 90s kush mother ill share pics later!

4 Likes

Yeah she’s half way through week 4.

4 Likes

I pollinated all the females today.

I cut a couple branches off each male plant and put them in a 5 gal. bucket, took ‘em in the flower room and shook em over all the plants with the fans circulating the air. Then I repeated that process two more times (cut branches, took them in the room and shook them). Then after that I collected all the pollen in the bucket, dumped it on a folded piece of cardboard and held it in front of the fans to blow the pollen around the room.

So I’m hoping they got well pollinated! I’ll know soon enough.

I will most likely repeat this process again once more in 4-6 days (depending on how many pistils I see that look pollinated).

37 Likes

Nice :+1:t3:. I follow

3 Likes

That’s some serious pollination right there! I think you should have plenty of seeds that way ! :star_struck:

6 Likes

That’s the hope! :grin:

7 Likes

looks good. puts a smile on my face

5 Likes

I just saw this photo! That’s a really pretty plant.

3 Likes

Thank you @LoveDaAutos! Here’s a picture of it last week.

36 Likes

It just makes me want to hang Christmas ornaments on it. Love that structure.

14 Likes

Now thats a Christmas tree.

8 Likes

Whose gonna put one of these up this Christmas and decorate :laughing:, now that I’d love to see… @LoveDaAutos @Smooth

K+ on the great work @Sdoyle I’m outta likes

5 Likes

Thank you @ManyManySpliffs!

3 Likes