Sunshine Daydream & Purple Punch- 1st Growlog

Yeah I could see that, weird thing is the highest buds are light, but then when you go down 6 inches or so where the canopy gets dense and theyre all a darker green. I do think this particular pheno is pretty sensitive to light, nutrient levels, wet feet, etc. On the other hand the male I kept doesn’t care if he gets over or underwatered, and hasn’t shown any deficiencies even tho I neglected the feeding schedule with him. Great structure and smell so I’m hoping for good things when I get around to keeping his pollen.

Back to the female- being that I’m at 6.5 weeks and the yellowing sure seems to habe slowed, I’m feeling really good about how she ends up finishing. I’m planning to cut the SSDD in 2 phases tho because that canopy is so dense. Cut it and give the lower canopy an extra week or so to fatten up and stack trichs. 4/20 is right at 9 weeks so we’ll see how close to 4/20 she gets the first chop!

3 Likes

I will chime in on the ssdd. Yours is looking great!! I had one that sure seemed light sensitive too. It worked great outside but it just never looked happy next to her sister. Produced better though and also was better smoke than her better looking sister.

2 Likes

I was expecting it to be a lot stinkier based on how others have described it. But it smells great, really just have the 1 pheno right now bc the germ rate was really low on those. Later this year I’m gonna probably try popping the rest to see whats in there so I can get more genetic diversity for a seed run to keep messing with these.

2 Likes

It’s absolutely gorgeous mate , so need some colour in next season’s contestants

Yea it’s like not the most potent…got better in the jar. It’s also the jar I grab often. It’s good smoke don’t throw it out if not impressed rt away.

2 Likes

I rarely throw Away weed ( unless it’s a legal problem lol ) a gathering or situation for every strain In my book
I like a lot of variety myself massive swings in my tastes from full body coma to energiser bunny buzz
I’m a little eclectic really :laughing:

3 Likes

Me too I get bored quick. I’ve got about twenty different strains jarred up. I don’t throw out either. I’ve got kids and friends that are :grinning: lazy. Maybe better to say grow challenged

3 Likes

what have you found that gives you a nice working buzz, maybe creative?

Hi @Danonly

The strains I liked the most for a creative buzz , I live in a backwards country , so I am just relaying the names I was told it was during the back ally exchanges lol
AK-47
Jack Herer
Blue Dream
The 3 above had me ticking jobs of the missus to do list … mega brownie points and added bonus lol

3 Likes

Yeah dont get me wrong, even if I dont like it, I’m not throwing any weed out! More so what I meant was keeping the one pheno around that I have now vs hunting for other SSDD phenos.

3 Likes

I hit 7 weeks since the 12/12 flip yesterday.
One of my favorite little buds bc of how frosty it is, and you can see the trichs from underneath with it being on its side

Other SSDD top bud shots

Purple punch

14 Likes

So with it warming up a little around here, the relative humidity has gone up. Am I running in the danger zone at 60-70% rh during lights off? Lights on I’m at about 55%. 68 degrees or so w lights off, heater keeps me at 81 with lights on.

Just wondering if I need the dehumidifier running in there when I close it up for lights off? I have the exhaust running all the time for odor, and ive got a 16" fan circulating air in the room as well.

1 Like

That humidity is a little high for this stage of flowering. If you could get it down to 40% RH, it will reduce the likelyhood of botrytis. Your min/max temperature difference is a bit high as well. If you could get that night time temp closer to 75°F (the dehumidifier usually adds heat) that would also help. Good luck, things are looking good right so far.

2 Likes

Cool, simple fix. Will get the dehumidifier in there tonight!

1 Like

Cut a few buds this week for a quick dry and test, it was 8 weeks at the cut.

Did a little smoke test on the SSDD last night. Pretty good and potent. Taste wasnt really there yet, probably because of the quick dry & no cure. But the stone was great. Seems pretty potent, good balance between body and head high. Sitting around, watching TV last night, at one point it felt like the high wrapped me up in a nice warm tingly blanket, something hard to describe.

If I let this plant go to 9.5-10 weeks, I get the sense the potency is just gonna keep going up.

Ive made the decision that at least one of the purple punch will be coming down Sunday. I need the room for some of these plants in veg that are getting out of control! I’m pretty sure im gonna chop the SSDD in 2 phases. In training this plant early, I created a ton of branches w buds that sit under the primary canopy that are super shaded. Thinking rhe top branches will go first, I’ll defoliate a little and let the lower buds fatten up for another week or 2. The purple punch on the other hand wasnt nearly as branch so a single cut w those shouldn’t be a problem. Getting close, I’m excited!

2 Likes

Sunshine daydream hanging in there. Got a pretty hefty fade going on, but its not lack of N,its something else. Some of my other plants are showing Ca deficiency, and the way the purple punch leaves are fading, I think they have it too. Pretty sure it’s related to our hard water and/or it going thru a softener. Anyways, need to cut a purple punch tonight because I need the room, the other PP and the SSDD will come down when their trichs say. Under a loupe, the PP seems further along, more cloudy w the PP than the SSDD.

SSDD Fade

Purple punch- seems like it had plenty of N, the fade is hard to tell bc of how dark purple the leaves are. But some of the top fan leaves are starting to brown & crinkle.

11 Likes

Cut 1 of the purple punch today

14 Likes

gorgeous ! and that frosting man …great job

1 Like

Still got the SSDD and other Purple Punch finishing up. Started seeing amber trichs a few days ago, they still seem to be getting fatter and are drinking less. Trying to let them dry out a bit more. Some weird growth the SSDD started putting out of a few buds recently too.

16 Likes

Looking good, I though about ordering some purple punch myself.

3 Likes