Supernatural by EG preservation project

Hello friends! This will be the official thread of my documentation of the Supernatural preservation.

Supernatural is GrapeGod x The Flav

This will be my biggest labor of love and a life long project of mine to ensure my favorite strain lives on. @JAWS had a single pack available who was generous enough to trade these gems. I will be sending him back the offspring of the F2s as well so my good friend can still have some Supernat back in his masters list.

Now germinating 15+ year old seeds is the animal I must tackle. I’ve got 3% hydrogen peroxide as well as seaweed extract.

My pollination method is pretty much open pollination with a tent full of Supernatural. However I’ve been told she can be stubborn with pollen so I want to be prepared for any curveballs with emergency backup plans. Does anyone think the open pollination method would be best for this method given how I only have 11 supernatural and I’d like to handle them with the utmost care.

Peace!

64 Likes

You don’t waste no time… along for the ride.

16 Likes

This will be great to see, I’d OP myself and I like to pre soak old seeds in some form of kelp extract a cheap and easy to find product that works is Botanicare Liquid Karma but see lots of other stuff used from water and peroxide to other methods like @JohnnyPotseed uses an awesome earthworm casting technique

I use the liquid karma at 5ml/gal to soak the seeds by the way

5 Likes

If this is the case, you might consider holding back until you maybe score another half pack or pack, just to increase your odds.

5 Likes

As much as I’d like to. Finding this pack was very difficult enough. I’d really love to get this ball rolling. Anyone else agree and just put a pause to this until I find more supernat?

6 Likes

It took @DougDawson 3-4 packs of BMR to finally be able to complete the Co Op run. Be patient, more will appear. Come on OG, who’s got a pack tucked away?

9 Likes

Good luck with the germination and grow!

4 Likes

I’ll even give back the offspring when I’m done. This community helped me get the strain I want and I’d really love to give back for helping me out.

6 Likes

How long did you search for it?

3 Likes

This is wise advice as well, that’s kind of what happened with the Vortex F1’s I donated to dirtwizard as that project already had 1-2 donors before I joined OG if I’m not mistaken, but waiting made it fully blossom starting enough seeds to guarantee the success of the F2s

But I know how you feel about just wanting to make more seeds after you hunted them down for so long, either way patience will help you either germ these or find the rest that could be around the corner!

7 Likes

Years. Literally years. Haha. I’ve been chasing after it in seed form since I started collecting seeds of all kinds back in 2012-15 which was how I got a few rare gems from friends and friends of my sister in Seattle and LA throughout the years. Which was how I ended up smoking some supernatural that one of her buddies gifted her at the time. Was also the first strain I smoked that got me absolutely blitzed.

5 Likes

This is a very fair point my friends. I really don’t want to mess up as this strain is far too important for me to squander this huge opportunity. I just hope there is someone out there that is willing to part with their pack or at least a few seeds from it.

2 Likes

OG’s are going to try and help find a little bit more…. My vault is open for trades.

11 Likes

You guys are the best and I can’t appreciate you all enough for the insight and keeping me from making bad decisions or spontaneous ones at that.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much, 11 seeds is plenty if they germinate for you. If they don’t then waiting wont make any difference. If it were me I would get to germinating them. You can always take clones if you don’t get great germ rates and continue looking. Besides, might be weird taking someone else’s rare pack and then getting 11/11 germinating so you don’t need them. Just a thought.

17 Likes

I’ll toss some nice things in as well if we can locate a pack on here for trade, I have lots so whatever that person is looking for, I’ll be happy to help!

Out of likes guys so here

:green_heart::green_heart:

8 Likes

Just getting right to it! That’s awesome! Good luck, you’re going to do great!

5 Likes

Thank you! I want to give back to anyone who has helped out with this project. I’m absolutely stunned by this community. Never cease to amaze me. :pray::sob:

8 Likes

Seeing you get these seeds was such an amazing thing!

Seeing you grow em out so damn fast has me hitting the watching button so fast I just created fire from the speed friction!

Looking forward to the epic @inhumantheory !!

10 Likes

Heck yeah, friend. I mean business when it comes to this project. I can’t wait to show you guys and share some old genetics and to find the grapiest of the grape! :grin: thank you for the support!

Well Friends I’ve got a lot to consider and mull over. Thank you @DougDawson for the input as well! Now it’s time to do some serious thinking while staring at this pack of seeds lol! :joy:

14 Likes