- syzygy's journal - the clown show

Definitely this. His best (pure) plants are almost always described as mutated with small flowers, but absolutely top shelf.

You look around and there’s plenty of people that hold either a pure blueberry cut, or a cross of it.

All the commercial lines tho are what really sold. I mean, look at blue dream, that’s using DJ’s blueberry mom and it’s still in high demand ^^

6 Likes

That was the conventional wisdom on the forums - look for the mutants. I haven’t sampled anything from DJ’s lines yet that has blown me away, including the mutants, but I won’t discount the potential. For the most part I found what I was looking for in Bodhi’s lines with consistently more appealing plant traits. DJ’s plants can be highly sensitive to even moderate fertility levels also.

Wish I still had my old drive with pictures of the Mom & dad of the F2s. The mom was one of the most attractive plants I’ve seen but had a pretty mild honeysuckle-sweet smell. The dad was an extreme mutant. I haven’t seen anything resembling the mom in the Fgens yet, hoping one of the remaining F2s has something similar.

The mom had a really bright red color to it with great frost coverage. Was not mutated from what I remember, other than maybe very slight variegation. Looked like this picture from Mr Alkalines bb sat thread

not my image -
not my image -
not my image -

not my image -
not my image -
not my image -

I seem to remember there was a group of people who thought Dutch Passion had superior selections and yielded higher quality BB plants. I thought I also heard Fletcher say that the popular BB cutting they have predates DJ or at least isn’t derived from his line, but who knows if he’s just saying that to avoid conflict with him. I know DJ’s mom used to circulate, but not sure if it’s still out there. I still can’t help but feel like any truly outstanding headstash that stands out from everything else would circulate. His stance on fgenning and pollen chucking is pretty off putting to me so I’m less thrilled about publicly growing his gear out. That was a big draw to Bodhi for me and feel like he should get credit for his reasonable stance.

I know that crosses are said to perform exceptionally well with BB lines. Whatever, in any case I’m doing this for nostalgia reasons / to revisit old seeds that I used to play around with long ago. I may not even feel like doing a pollination anyways. I honestly don’t expect any quality plants to arise from any of this, but I have all these mothers to keep me supplied with quality herb and hold me over…

10 Likes

Thanks for posting all this! I was looking at the ac infinity a while ago and I wasn’t really thrilled about the fact they add the UV diodes. I know we should all be wearing protective eyewear of some sort in our grow areas but that doesn’t usually happen in my case. With UV added I feel like it’s an unnecessary risk with minimal to no benefit for the plants. That Photon Tek design does look kind of cool for sure. Bookmarked that & Mammoth LED website for whenever I feel my light is on the way out, thanks again!

6 Likes

Wanted to post this before I ran out of time today…need about 10 more hours in a day.

Thank you for the gift of beans, They are going next, along with some Black Triangle and maybe one other something, undecided as yet. Really want to look at these two, Bangi Haze x Black Triangle Remix and the Swazi Red / Malawi Gold / Blueberry x Thunder Gun Express = (SRMGB x TGE) That’s a mouthfull, Haha!!

WoW thats a BIG photo, Hahaha!

Also, nearing that time for a little cross chuckin with your gracious offer of TS pollen with the Black Energy #12. I haven’t opened that package of TS yet. Did you send A and E or a mix?

Here is the Black Energy 8 to10 days flower.

Really like the new camera! I can’t wait to figure out how to operate it.
Have a great weekend Fellas,

Grace and Peace

21 Likes

Go with that one! That was from Doc’s “Vault Treasures” thing, right? I soooooo wanted to grab that, but I couldn’t bring myself to spend $250 or whatever it was he was charging for that pack. It sounds really interesting, though.

11 Likes

Bangi Haze x Black Triangle remix was in the Vault Treasures for sure, not sure if the Red, Gold, Blue is the same beans as the pack listed on the VT . Doc sent RGB to me as a gift after I won the auction,

Anyway, I want to run both of those and repro them before to long.

9 Likes

Found my answer to the question I Akxed! I think?

4 Likes

Oh, he did? Gawddamn you… haha. Just kidding. He sent me a weird Golden Tiger x BT Remix as a freebie, sounds bizarre, but one of the rare freebies that I’ll probably actually grow at some point.

Doc always be sending out the good freebies haha…

6 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I felt like I was missing confirmation from someone and was actually going to post here to make sure & see if I had to resend. I don’t keep records or retain any info so it can be hard to remember at times. As always if anyone else reading this thread wants to try out any of these chucks just let me know, I still have a book of stamps

Seeds look good, haha

Hopefully it’s still viable :crossed_fingers: , it’s a combo of Triple Sunshine H & E.

Awesome shots by the way!

Odd… I was just looking at ACE’s Golden Tiger last night when talking with a local grower friend about Malawi. Both GT & Zamaldelica came up. I thought that maybe the Malawi from ACE would be more tame than the pure landrace from RSC. Interested to see you grow those out!

10 Likes

Please please do this one I was suppose to be sent this and chocolate trip x tge but they never made it that rgb x tge sounds killer especially after what I found in the Tahoe x tge wanna see what’s in those lines

6 Likes

And @syzygy got the pinesoul transplanted last night in the 4x4 along with some ssdd(hb cut)blue dream sc and a fire purps from csi clone flipping them in about a week from now so ended up being a few weeks longer to flower them out but I
Kinda worried she’s already quite big and the stretch on the outside pinesoul was quite extreme :joy: going to have to really use my canopy control on these gals

8 Likes

Nice! After I take the dogs I have to do some maintenance on my TK (dead fan leaf removal) so will get some pictures when I’m taking the pinesoul out. Seems nice and pretty much on autopilot without any noticeable issues. Looking forward to seeing your new SSDD cut and what you make of it. Blue dream always sounded nice as well!

What type of camera did you get by the way?

7 Likes

Changed my mind on the Fuji H? and went to
OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark III
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro Lens, for a start, and looking at a couple wide primes 9mm, 20mm and something in the middle. Love the form factor of the four/thirds, and the weather-ability of the system.

5 Likes

Nice! I only have one 105mm (prime) lens and have forced myself to make it work for everything haha. For stuff that I can’t use it for like full tent shots I’m just using my phone. Did you get a Speedlight for it?

Some shots from today.

Chem 91 - see at least one nanner in the pic but the leaves are looking a bit happier now that the light has been tuned down for a while.

Triple Sunshine F - starting to flower now

Triple Sunshine G

Lav Jack

Pinesoul

Bubba Kush

Triangle Kush

30 Likes

I’ve read some relatively lengthy threads about both of those on icmag. The general consensus re that GT is that it’s more “special occasion” weed and not something people were wanting to smoke every day, sounded like it was kind of intense.

I wasn’t a big fan of Black Triangle when I grew it, but maybe the remixed version’s different haha. In any event, yeah, that cross of Doc’s sounds really weird to me.

:joy::joy:

7 Likes

Yea, I was having a convo w/ a friend who likes that type of Cannabis and has grown out rsc’s Malawi for the past few years. He mentioned something about the insane stretch and how it never finishes and I suggested maybe looking at ACE’s Malawi, assuming they acclimatized it a bit for the indoor environment.

After searching a US seedbank that carries ace I was toying with the idea of looking for different genetics to explore. Didn’t end up actually ordering but it’s just weird coincidence that I was looking at that one last night. My thinking right now is that I can explore stuff I otherwise wouldn’t grow out, now that I have some moms in reserve. Just to keep things interesting really. No point searching OG crosses if I have a good enough OG expression in the TK mom.

If that seedbank had Lebanese by ACE I 100% would have ordered it last night though. Also if our state had testing available I’d potentially be interested in exploring their CBD #1 line just to try one out and see if there’s any value there for me. Eventually I’ll want to grow out a few sativas, even though I don’t think they’re my thing (only extreme sativa I’ve grown was Kali Mist). Any of their offerings catch your eye?

11 Likes

Doc did a Malawi Gold/Dragon Energy thing, bought a couple packs a while back and reeeeallllyyyy wanna plant some, but that probably won’t be for a while… haha. I dunno if those seeds are still available, like at GLG or wherever, but it might be worth your friend (or you) checking into it, along with the ACE stuff. I’m not sure how much any Malawi leaners won’t stretch, though; the C. Gold leaner from that C. Gold x DE cross I grew got fucking huge.

Whenever I look at pics from that grow, I’m always like,”How did I even grow that plant…?” haha.

Yeah, that makes sense.

If I ever have, like, an extra ten bucks again haha, I can send you that Golden Tiger cross of Doc’s. I mean, honestly, as interesting as it sounds to me, it’s probably, like, 150’th on my “List of Stuff to Grow” haha.

Why are you so interested in that one? Just because of the Red Leb Hash thing?

Don’t be so quick to assume that just because something’s a “Sativa,” that automatically means it’s gonna be all racy and rushy and “heart palpitations” haha and shit. All of my favorite weed I’ve grown has been the NLD haha, longer-flowering stuff. And none of them have made me feel anxious.

From ACE? Yeah, a lot of their stuff. But I’m out of the seed-buying market, so… haha. Now I just read their descriptions for fun.

8 Likes

Ya any cross would probably have to be me, as I think he’s mostly interested in pure Malawi (but I could be wrong). The lysergic description used for zamaldelica sounded interesting to me, but I too have read a lot of cautionary tales of that one. In any case I probably want to stay clear of Malawi myself if for no other reason than (local) diversity sake.

I appreciate that but I don’t think I’d grow it either being a cross. I too wasn’t the biggest fan of BT, and still have a few unopened packs left. Doubt I’m going to get to those any time soon with the Triple Sunshine mom & tk in storage. If I go the GT route ever I’ll either go pure or x zamal.

Yeah, because I know it’s something I’d grow out. Just like with the Vanilluna chucks, It’s something different from the seeds I have. Doesn’t matter if i like it or not. I’ve pooled up a lot of similar genetics over time (lots of OG crosses), and there’s a lot of overlap with the moms I’m sitting on. Really I’m content with the Triple Sunshine mom, not to mention the additional moms I’ve been gifted. I bought most of the seeds years ago before there was any glimmer of hope for legalization in my state.

The TS / BK F2s are a bit different because I’m really just looking to see if there are any interesting SSDD expressions in there and how they compare to the F1s that I’ve had, as well as the crosses. Eventually I will get bored though and some different genetics will keep it interesting.

For me right now that isn’t even too much of a factor because I can throw a 1 GAL pot or 2 of triple sunshine in the flower area and have enough smoke to hold me over. It is good to know though and keep in the back of my mind. The bag of Malawi my friend gave me wasn’t that racy really, was definitely heavy on the introspection though.

10 Likes

Is this TK and Bubba from farmerjoe?

3 Likes

I didn’t get them directly from him, but yes I was told the Chem 91, Bubba and TK were all sourced from him.

6 Likes