Oh that *&#,$*%&#&$* Cat

Morning OG, ever feel like skinning and eating your cat? I have to say the thought crossed my mind today. Went to bed with 10 seedlings thriving and happy.

Keep these little ones on my desk at this stage with a box over them. Seems my cat decided to push that box off somehow and have himself a snack. Now they look like this.

So needless to say there were many things going through my mind. Those little ones were gifted to me and were set to do a seedrun. Well clearly Tigger had different ideas, so short sighted. If only he understood why I was so pissed but clearly not.

Guess I need to let that anger go, the meat would likely be to tough and stringy anyway.

So let’s share, tell us you destructive pet stories, show some pics and let’s at least have a laugh over it :slight_smile:

54 Likes

Think you should cull the orange guy…:rofl:

In all seriousness, DAMN, that sucks my friend!

10 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob:

Grow catnip at the same time and make that more accessible. If anything, Tiger would get to HIGH to do damage if you set it up right :smiley:

6 Likes

Lol, the thought had crossed my mind but only for a second :rofl:

Yeah, or it would make him more likely to mess with things. Little shit somehow managed to get under the big box I use to protect the seedlings. He has never done that before. It’s like fate doesn’t want me to get through this seed run. Well screw fate, 7 more seeds dropping tonight.

13 Likes

My cat really, really loves to piss in my no till pots :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

Time to tell Tigger: :slight_smile:

tenor

And this line shall not be passed.

4 Likes

I am sorry to hear about your bad luck, however I have discovered that as a rule pets should not be near your cannabis plants. In addition to possible damage caused by them such as this, they could carry mites and other unwanted parasites and nasties in to the garden area, and ingesting marijuana can actually be quite dangerous for your pets. Even if you believe in free choice when it comes to marijuana, we can all agree that animals aren’t being given a choice when marijuana is left out for them to eat, and even unintentional exposure from secondhand smoke can be harmful.

7 Likes

I get what you are saying, the thing is its not really accessible to him or at least I didn’t think it was. I have started seedlings like this for years now, the box over the tray has always kept him out and when they get potted they go to another floor on my house. Not sure how he managed to get onto my desk and under that box. Not too worried about mites as he is an indoor cat so not reallly exposed to anything that has not already made it into the house. Guess it’s time to change my routine. Just wish he had not picked the Sour Bubble…

8 Likes

Misses Meowgie says…

She did the same thing last year, ate 4 seedlings. She is banned from the grow area. :sunglasses:

18 Likes

I make sure I cover my bins of soil and coco. Cats would like more litter boxes for sure.

7 Likes

I have wire mesh protecting my cloner after the first cat attack.

5 Likes

My old tabby Sister Beans was my lab assistant. Always there to “help” i.e. wreak havoc

She was actually a huge hindrance to doing ANY type of work and her fur was always on the damn buds but she slept on the warm roof of the growtent and she was sorta queen of the house.

You’ll find yourself missing their dumb stupid antics when they’re gone.

My ragdoll is an inbred dumbass and couldn’t care less about any plants or causing mischief.

10 Likes

yes exactly, another excellent reason to keep pets away from any cannabis plants

4 Likes

Damn man, that is pretty rough indeed… Luckily the only experience like that I have had was when I was stewarding my fathers grow. His cat was out in the shop when we were working with the grow room open and the cat ate the top of one of the plants. That plant ended up turning out very well from the feline assisted topping though so it was not a disaster lol.

1 Like

I was afraid of some kind of catastrophe so I kept back 7 beans in case of emergency. Now I am really glad I did. Here is hoping this is the last time I have to hit reset on this seed run :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Uug… Ya when @Pluckyevil told me this morning what had happened, all I could say was “No f*&%$&n way!”.

2 Likes

Had the same thought myself bud.

2 Likes

I was sad to wake up and see this…I can only imagine how your morning felt :sleepy: :woozy_face: :flushed: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :sob: :scream:

2 Likes

@DougDawson Your cat looks like mine.

These Cats with Definitely eat my plants Givin the chance. Sorry your cat decided treats arnt enough for Him/Her… If you need ANYTHING hit me up & I’ll be your magical Genie.

Ps. Share a pet story = Both my cats Regularly sniff the Ass on this Reindeer :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

I remember a couple Christmas’s ago, my cat was walking thru the living room and I told my wife to look at the cat. He has a piece of tinsel on his rump. All dressed up for Christmas.
Turns out it was not on his rump. It was hanging out of his asshole. I tried to pull it out and he was hollering meow-ow-ow-owwww. so I ended up just cutting it off and leave the rest to dissolve inside.

5 Likes