- syzygy's journal - the clown show

Oh yeah, it’s there for sure. I’ve really been sitting on that one, don’t want it to be gone haha, but I broke down and blazed some a few days ago and the best way I can describe it is “candied.” Everything tastes “candied.” There’s the Jack terps, that total anise flavor, but it’s “candied anise.” There’s some floral things happening, but it’s “candied floral.” There might even be a little grape-iness, but it’s “candied grape.” It’s like every flavor in that weed (and there are a lot) is coated in a hard candy shell.

It’s not sweet, though; it’s candied haha. I dunno how else to put it. Most of the time, I don’t put too much of an emphasis on flavor, but that one does taste very, very good. Not the usual sorta flavors I like, either, but that Lavender Jack is excellent. Great job drying and curing by the grower for sure, totally humbled me haha.

That Jack “anise” smell is there for sure, though, is my point haha!

18 Likes

Did you ever do a review or post any pictures? I forget now. Either way I’m really excited to try it, sounds amazing!

14 Likes

Uh uh, no, not yet. I will at some point, but like I said, I just haven’t wanted to get into it on a consistent-enough basis to actually write a report. I don’t wanna run out of it haha.

Maybe that should be the whole report: “This weed is so enjoyable that I don’t wanna smoke it because then I’ll run out of it,” haha.

17 Likes

Glad to hear you enjoy it so much @minitiger!
Sounds exactly like what I’ll be hunting for when I get to the packs in the fridge.

Would sure be nice to have a baseline :wink: :wink:

10 Likes

@BeagleZ I got you!

11 Likes

11 Likes

Have you tried the cut as well? Or flower sample? Interested to hear your take if so!

9 Likes

Not yet, but I received the cut from our mutual-generous-anonymous benefactor. I’m calling/imagining him as Higgins.

LJ NN cut will be on deck the first of the year once my current run is over. I’m going to ensure there is minimal downtime between runs, so I can get to it and a few others, plus the most recent seeds I popped. All reports from y’all are getting me hyped!!

Really excited you started this thread, as we have a few things in common. I’ve been scouring the interwebs searching for information. On the bus with ya, bud!

16 Likes

Yall are in for a treat with that lav jack cut. Mines curing up - its the prettiest bud ive grown, so frosty, tastes really nice. Reminds me of some kind of pungent fruity cocktail with gin or something.

27 Likes

Higgins is the best!

Gotta look up some biochar recipes so I can get back in your thread! Is that the only cut you’re running or?

Thanks for posting that! Seeing both this and VagabondWindy’s post today has me even more pumped haha.

13 Likes

For sure. It doesn’t stretch a ton so something to keep in mind for canopy management. I really enjoy the high too - has some of that sativa euphoric mindset but also relaxing and functional. Might not be super potent but I like that haha. I’ll try to get a few dried pics together soon, I can never get them looking nice though ha.

12 Likes

Higgy Baby!!

I was graciously gifted LJ, Irene, Dragon Hammer, Legend, Giesel, Chem D, Chem 91, BH7, and Church. I lost Chem D, Chem 91, BH7, and Church to my own incompetence, but learned a valuable lesson in the process. Ha! I feel like a dick, but shit happens I guess. Another day in the life of an Xtreme gardener.

16 Likes

I was very interested in that Legend but kept thinking back to my L OG x SL pack. Still pretty interested in it. Wonder if that’s the “Joe Schmoe” legend OG or whatever it was. Dragon Hammer actually has always sounded really cool too!

haha

15 Likes

Still disappointed about the intersex issues on the og 88 stuff. Went in there to take pictures today and everything is bone dry, I should probably water them eventually. Probably will pour some water on them before I leave with the dogs in a bit. I really do like the plants though, if it weren’t for the issues haha.

Triple Sunshine A mom - going to get culled later because It was just a test to confirm I didn’t make a labeling error. Leaves beginning to droop from drying out

REJ

Devil’s HP 3

Devil’s HP 2

Devil’s HP 1

Dhp1

Spirit HP 1

Spirit HP 2

39 Likes

Also I’m just putting my thoughts out there about retiring my SSDD mom. I’ve been thinking about doing it for years now and it seems like a good time. I feel like the other SSDD cuts circulating in the community are probably better, and have established medical benefits. I was just hoarding it to make F2s to explore really and because I’m a bit isolated in prohibition land (formerly?). Now with so much on my plate I don’t realistically see myself wanting to pop more SSDD F1s to make F2s (given how lackluster the females were in last round) for at least a year. Mom is just taking up space at this point.

I know I posted that I was thinking about retiring it back in 2021 on RIU, so I think with 2024 nearing it’s time. Will wait a week or so to avoid being impulsive. The mom currently hardly has any growth as I just hacked it way back after spotting (possible) thrip damage, so the work is half done anyways!

22 Likes

Yeah holding onto moms takes a lot thats for sure. Will miss seeing photos of those frosty stems!

11 Likes

Yeah, I do like it a lot, although I like the Bandaid Haze Church better. The flavors on that Lavender Jack, though, puts it on equal footing with the BAH.

I know syzygy already did a “haha” about this, but I’m also gonna have to, so… Haha! Haha.

Plants look good, @syzygy, very “OG-like.”

13 Likes

Lav Jack starting to root. Foliage is looking a bit stressed. Will probably transplant it later tonight or tomorrow.

So which of the 2 are you going to be taking in ? :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Bubba kush is throwing a few roots as well now.

bk2

Also home-grow is secure now! Effective @ midnight.

26 Likes

Schwing!! Nice save on those! If some extras happen to make it your way then you can use them for moms or other chucking experiments…

That’s great news on the home grow! I would be really upset if they tried to pull the rug out from under y’all like that.

15 Likes