Tabletop Grow Suggestions

I had a thought, which suits my needs (I think) and would be kind of cool. Essentially a 4‘ tall tent, on a table to be at an easy access height. A big micro grow, say 4‘x6‘x4‘ tent. Use small 1 or 2 gal pots. EB-3 slim LEDs inside, with driver outside. You could then grow numerous short plants to compensate for loss in height? I may be entirely wrong here, sorry.

4 Likes

Have never done sog, but always heard it works. I am getting ready to try it myself ran out clones for that purpose…will be interesting to see posts here, someone has already done it ! One thing i want to ask, is why 4 foot high? are you space restricted or you just wanna do it? I almost bought a 2 x 4 x 3ft high tent for clones but later decided against it.

Table is… I don’t know 4 feet tall, ceiling is about 9. But basically yeah, it’s not a hard size, it’s more of what I can find premade… considering even taking a taller tent and flipping it sideways.

1 Like

well taking a taller tent would give you future options but think of the vents you want to use if its sideways can you still use the vents that you may need to? same with doors and windows. But if you start to grow, just a warning it is addictive to me.

1 Like

also there are alot of posts here that have cabinet or closet grows, there is even a section called growroom design, I made some mistakes buy iing things that i wish i could of avoided.But i see what your doing as a win, you got a great team of experts and others here for suport. Had i been on this forum when i bought gear i wouldnt of made some of those mistakes.

1 Like

Yeah, What I might do is get a 4x4 maybe 6-9‘ tall. Worst case scenario, that’s what I was getting anyways. So where’s the harm? But was wondering if anyone had found a decent tent in the tabletop sort of dimensions.

I am looking on amazon, not saying buy there just looking saw this

saw alot of 5 foot high tents you said you might have 9ft ceiling so 60 inch may work and some of those 60 inch tall will be like 58 inches lol

Now that 2x2x3 would be interesting but I can go bigger… I don’t know about the exact measurement on the table but I also have enough lumber to build one whatever height.

I build a basic table with a quarter sheet of 3/4“ plywood and 4, 4x4“ legs. So pretty easy to base things off those 2x4‘ panels.

1 Like

I can grow four 2 oz plants in my 2x2… i want to put it up on a stand as well… im 6’4 and gotta lay on the ground to do anything

2 Likes

@ChemicalDependant I kinda think if i had the lumber, i would build it, you can make it custom as you want, and then later you could modify if you wanted. I only have tents because i want to move .

I was given the advice to not mess with building tents, with fair logic. The door closure would be rather hard to light proof. But table doesn’t matter. It’s more of we have a big solid oak table we‘re doing nothing with.

1 Like

i wouldnt build a tent , i would build a cabinet, but maybe thats valid, but before you spend bucks on a tent i have 3, two different manuf. all leak light, one is less then 4 months old. any ways found another to look at

2 Likes

I plan to build it out as a cabinet eventually but since this is my grow it’s temporary.

1 Like

+1 for cabinet. Something cheap from Target/Walmart/Amazon/Ikea or a Goodwill would fit the bill nicely. You really just want it for light proofing. You can get a small-ish second hand cabinet for the price of a similar sized tent.