Supercloset grow tents/boxes...thoughts/comments

Any thoughts comments on Supercloset grow tents/boxes for noobs?

1 Like

Follow your heart and you will fulfill a dream

3 Likes

Way overpriced. My first grow set up was a supercloset cabinet. You can piece together a bettet setup for much less money. If i remember correctly, Gorilla grow tents, Kind led and super closet all share the same parent company.

2 Likes

Just a heads up. I just got a gorilla shorty 4x4 for 50 percent off on the gorilla website. 212 shipped for a good quality tent. Might see what they have on sale.

3 Likes

Then get you a GLS progrow 1800 or something similar with a decent ventilation system and your 90 percent of the way there.

2 Likes

I have a few different sizes tents. From 2x4 to 5x5. Tents are cheap. They can hide smells. I don’t mind 4in inline fans. They are good for removing heat.

1. A decent size tent.
  2. LED lights are not very expensive. They do have some very good new styles coming out right now. It’s on that you can even wet your plants and the light does not burn the leaves. But you need an adequate light for your space.
  3. Fans. They are important to keep air flowing. This helps with mold. I have stuff like monkey fans. But you can make any fan work.
  4. A good dehumidifier and humidifier. The humidifier you don’t have to get all crazy with. But I would make sure I got a big dehumidifier. With a hose drain. I do reuse my water.
  5. You definitely need a good pH meter. I use Hannah.
  6. If you’re going to grow in water or soil, you need to be prepared for that. I like happy frog. It’s not very expensive and it is very forgiving. Coco Loco is OK.
  7. Heat and cooling. Window units work the best. For heater to use the electric oil heater.
  8. You definitely need timers. And along with that I would add a heat mat. For your ceilings and clones.
  9. I use containers. So you want to make sure you got drain pans.
  10. A good shop vac. Also a good pump sprayer.
  11. Some good seeds.
  12. Don’t forget electricity.
  13. And you’ll need a good nutrition. There’s always gonna be electric cords. Make sure you got good wires. There’s always gonna be extra stuff. Glasses etc. etc…
    After all this, it is cheaper than the alternative. Start out small.
    A good tent is cheaper than building any room. In my opinion. When it’s over, you can just tear it down and put it back in the box. If you build a room. A little bit more complicated to get rid of.
    Good luck. I hope maybe I could have helped
5 Likes

@Cybersmib @WhiteBoyRick @Hemp …thanks guys for the advice, really appreciate it and you! Will def take all that into consideration. Happy lights! :sunglasses::+1:t4::raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

Wow $$$

I setup my 2x4 for $700-800 all in.

I do like the idea of a solid cab instead of a tent though :+1:

3 Likes

Here where I’m at the g tools bonanza cabinets were advertised broadly some years ago. Way overpriced. For a decent 3x3 growspace they want over 2000 euros which is just insane.

3 Likes

A room would be better. My set up could be better. I will this next summer.

2 Likes

I’d have a small studio if circumstances were different. A few properly vented breeding stations and a flower station.

Alas, all my weed grows in the bedroom. And sometimes the bathroom for pollen collection.

4 Likes

I can see how that could be a problem.

2 Likes

I make the best of it but space is very limited.

2 Likes

I used boxes and tents for years and years, loved every one I built or bought and ran.
My last rebuild, a year or 2 ago now, I went to the darkside, a $50.00 roll of panda film and my staple gun.
Made me 3 areas, 7’ wide, 8’ deep, 7’6" to ceiling rafters. Saved me over a grand in tents.
I still have a tent, that I had to buy during construction to save my fav genetics, in our bedroom.
That one is now a 18/6 transition tent, before I flower them, short term renters, LOL!

3 Likes

I know it’s pricey, but solid cab does look nice and convenient. And looks like it’s not much to set up, guess that’s why they’re costly…time investment/convenience vs DIY.

1 Like

Good info from all, and thx for the suggestions…appreciate them and you guys as well. Have a great day!

BINGO! The biggest winners in legalization are those who sell electricity. Would love to have that kind of $$$$$ flow!
Great list for OP, by the way :+1:

1 Like

I bought one when I was a NOOB , now it’s used as a storage cabinet…

I’m still a Noob and just use it for experiments