Tales From The Crypt

What about tea tree oil I have used to clean mold just not sure how it would affect plants.

Thanks for this. What about other chemical treatments? Also, what about the UV light sterilization used by hospitals(like a Roomba robot)?

Can areas be ā€œencapsulatedā€ & new layer of drywall?

just thoughts for us who hate re-rocking.

c.s

I wouldnā€™t use any type of oil product on plants. In fact I wouldnā€™t keep any plant that was effected by anything be it mold or any bug that is able to get to the flowers.

Iā€™m not sure what application you are referring to. UV tech was not used when I got out of the business nor was it ever discussed in mold remediation classes.

Not without first removing the existing drywall. Spores can travel completely through a piece of drywall and get to the other side and keep on keeping on, so long as moisture is present.

1 Like

I guess some hospitals have a robot that travels into an unoccupied room and sterilizes the whole visible room with strong UV light, something thatā€™s more difficult for a person. :sunglasses:

I wonder if fungicide/sporicide could be incorporated into the sheetrock. :thinking:

Itā€™s not that I didnā€™t understand your post, just ruminating. Thanks.

c.s

There are coatings intended for high humidity areas (such as indoor pools / saunas) that kills then inhibits future growth and spread of molds and mildews. One is called Fiberlock AfterShock. You would first disinfect with ShockWave (Quaternary Ammonium Chloride).

Iā€™ve used this for a mildew problem on a wood structure and have been clear going on 8 years. Works on a variety of surfaces. There are probably some other similar products out there. Commercial grade for institutional use typically seem to work the best but is also usually more expensive.Also note, this particular product has a perm rating of 2.9 which is considered a vapor retarder.

For sheetrock, if itā€™s too far gone, it might be best to start with new sheetrock. Perhaps the green stuff (mold resistant). Then, apply a coating to it as an additional preventative measure.

2 Likes