Tales From The Crypt

Tales From The Crypt With The Crypt Keeper…

Hi Friends, :hand_splayed:

So I’ve decided that in the name of keeping things safe its time I moved the ladies and future ladies into a safer and more suitable and larger enviorment. My arm and leg room just went up exponentially! There are many details I still need to work out and alot needs to be done in preparation. My goal is to use 100% of what I have, if I dont have it im going to try and salvage it or buy it used CHEAP. i.e.building materials etc.

I really want help as I go along with designs etc, you stoners are some of the smartest and most creative out there.

The room is filled with some of the old owners junk that was left behind. But one woman’s junk is now my treasure. I will be using the framed door as well as the tables and wood scraps and screws I found lingering.

So bare with me, this is going to be a process. Unfortunately it all starts with cleaning a brown recluse infested room. That is connected to a much larger mold infested basement - I have my work cut out for me. Someone somewhere smoke one for me, I’m all out buddy.

Here is the room, use your imagination here people.

Will update as I get things accomplished.

Hope All is Growing Everyone :v:

6 Likes

What are the size dimensions of the room?

The area I want to work with is 9×6×6 closed off with wall and door. That part of room will be light sealed for flower… The veg area will be just open space for now and i don’t like that so if I could incorporate something within the confines I create that will work for both veg and flow that would be ideal.

My goal is a 6ftx3 ebb and flow table, so i will have room for veg I am confident, maybe have the door open to the veg side at 24hr light and have another door with a separating wall for flower… IDK give me ideas if ya have them

2 Likes

The blue plastic bin can be used as a rez and the wood rectangle can be lined with plast for a ebb and flow table.

Make sure you clean all the walls and floor with bleach and rise to remove mold.

6 Likes

See this is why I love OG. Glad you mentioned that, I would have tossed stuff in the rubbermaid while cleaning and then later scratched my head looking around for what I could use as a rez… baked of course

The force is strong in you @Viva_Mexico

4 Likes

Are you planning on running a perpetual grow? If not you could consider just making one multi purpose room. If I’m envisioning this correctly you’ll have to walk through one room to get to the other. Am I right about this?

2 Likes

Yeah I’d walk in the veg chamber and there would be a door to the flower area. Perpetual is my eventual goal, its alot of timing and work so I’m a long ways away. Now your saying if I’m not doing perpetual I could just do one big room? What about 12/12 and 18/4 light… Maybe I’m confused, help a guy out.

1 Like

I see people say to use bleach to kill mold. Fact is, it does not work. Here is a link from NORMI, and I am a certified mold re-mediator for over 30 years and have seen hundreds of cases where people used bleach because they had read otherwise. It works ONLY on hard surfaces like glass and metal, but it is useless against anything with pores.

May be the biggest “Urban Legends” of all time.

https://www.normi.org/articles/bleach-mold.php

I run perpetual in my main testing flower room, so if you need any pointers don’t hesitate to ask. First thing I would suggest is to use some sort of “bucket” system if you are going to go EBB like the Active Aqua, or Titan system and get your plants near the ground. Nothing worse than being height restricted and that exactly what tables do. Great for commercial locations with tall ceilings but difficult to use in a room with low ceilings.

6 Likes

@LED_Seedz so glad you said something about the bleach! Ill be checking that link out for sure…

And I will most definitely be asking some questions when I get further along about perpetual. Can’t wait to run some of your genetics, one day…

I like the bucket idea since I am restricted on height, I will for sure look into it. Thanks brother

2 Likes

What products do you recommend? What about lysol

I looked it up and I guess you can use bleach but in addition to a mold killing product, bleach kills outer mold and color while solution cleans away membrane. Moldex is the first that popped out to me online and they sell it at my local Home de pot

Lysol is a good disinfectant but it does not get to the spores which reach deep inside anything with pores.

Technically speaking, anything over three square feet is supposed to have a negative air containment system set up, with professional mold remediators involved. Once that is done drywall is removed, and any exposed wood should be wire brushed. Then the room is vacuumed with a hepa system, then the area is fogged with a sporeacide, and after that is done all of the areas is shot with a mold resistant paint, or encapsulant all while wearing proper PPE. Then it’s on to air testing.

It’s very involved, and why “most” insurance companies do not cover this type of work any longer in the US.

As for what to use, I am un aware of any products available to the consumer for cleaning at a professional level. What I can suggest [and always wear a mask] is to wash the entire area with warm water and TSP. After that is done I would coat the entire area with something like IAQ 6000 or the like. Really going to depend on where you live as to what may be readily available. If you are east coast, Sherwin Williams used to have a product which the name escapes me. West coast use Kelly Moore.

Hope that sheds some light on the subject.

5 Likes

So I hope I didn’t offend anyone saying you were stoners, I meant that in the most admiring way possible. I mean this is OG, but I know people take things differently…

Ok so on to the task at hand. My ebb and flow table. I need some help guys. I like the idea of buckets but wont that complicate the design more as well as increasing expense. I have access to buckets that are white so I could paint them, but then I still have extra gromets and fittings and hose to buy.

My general build today for tomorrow idea is that I want to make it a 6x3 although I am only going to use 3x3 with the light I have. When money is better I will add lighting to utilize the other 3×3 in the table and hoping to have it perpetual eventually.

Anyways to have a table setup but keep its profile extreamly low? Any ideas?

I’m not against buckets if someone has a cheap effective design.

Very informative LED. I have Sherwin Williams next door to my work, I’m gonna go say hi

1 Like

Drip Irrigation or ebb & flow/grow

This is my dilemma at the moment. Im thinking I can build a drip system wicked cheap compared to ebb and flow buckets with a controller.

This would eliminate my height problem while keeping it cheap enough.

Would like some input if anyone’s reading

1 Like

I’ve done both… in veg and flower… ebb and flow is easier and less time spent making system do right… my .02… here is my current veg system

5 Likes

How tall are your ceilings?

2 Likes

9 ft… but my plants never get over 3 ft tall… I cut them bcak or just reclone and trash the ones that have out grown the space.

Oh my friend that is quite the clearance! If I build a very low profile table I should be able to run a similar setup in my 6’

I have no experience with building these,setups although straight forward. Is there a way you know,of where I could use a 55 gallon drum off to the side for res? Trying to figures out return line on that, that may be the not doable part without an extra pump

I use a 55 gallon for my flower res and one for the auto top off… you can do what I do in 6ft of vertical space for veg… for flower your going to need the plants on or very near the floor to have space for flowering.

7 Likes