Tappy's Cali Connection - Purple Diesel, 6 site DWC, dual Vero 29

DWC IS THE BEST!!!
Recieved my ppm pen yesterday! Nice backlit screen and batteries included!

And changes color the higher the ppm’s.

Here’s where we’re at…but first another comparison:
day 7
Sept 11

AMAZING WHAT 3 DAYS CAN DO!!!
Look at how light hits the lid on day 7 compared to day 10…lots of shadowing. And that silica is definitely doing its job…super strong stalks! It’s my first time using silica, but super impressed thus far!
day 10
Sept 14
Ppm 680
pH 5.8-6’ish
Light @ 40%'ish strength, 12"-18" away from plants

Cali Connection says these are 55% sativa - 45% indica…they look indica dom. for sure.

9 Likes

Hey mate! I’m very happy I found your grow log :slight_smile:
I really enjoy your stuff because you have everything dialed in properly!. Great work!

Ps. I liked your Mars competition, best of luck!

4 Likes

VEG. DAY 12
Sept 15
Well, effin awesome! I love my children and wife…and dog I suppose…maybe even the cat too.
But I love, Love LOVE, LOVE!!! DWC!!!
Leaves already have trich’s forming and the room has that unmistakingly awesome smell of killer!!

Going one of two ways next weekend. Either going to top (cloning the tops) and veg for another week, or start flowering and take clones from the lower branches after a week or two of flower.
If I top, I want to mainline 4 branches on each plant, giving me 24 tops between the 6 plants. Gotta find a keeper (or 2) out of these 6 beyawtches.

Wishing weight and killer smoke to all!!

15 Likes

Next update coming Friday. Gonna be some serious veg. action going on!
…and I’m feeling so lazy, that I may just keep topping up the rez, rather then emptying, scrubbing, refilling and dialing in nutes and ph. Just gonna watch my ppm’s. Thinking of jacking it up to 1000ppm and then 1200 for flower, if the girls will take it. Currently sitting at 680.
I am never doing a grow without silica. And the maxibloom Lucas formula is a bullseye…easiest setup ever.

5 Likes

Ppm to 850 last night.

Couldn’t wait for Friday.
Things are looking good. Hoping everything stays this productive and I dont run into any deficiencies or issues with overfeeding.
Going to clone this Friday or sometime this weekend if there are enough good clone sites.
Hoping to take 4 cuts from each…or at least 2 from each.

• Ph swings 5.5-6.5 over 3+ days
  • 850ppm yesterday evening -> 820ppm this evening
  • Light at 50’ish% power, raised to about 12"-15" from canopy
  • topped all 6 plants

DAY 13 VEG.
Sept 17
Untopped

Topped

Tops

13 Likes

Nice and bushy! 20letters

2 Likes

Comparison Pics.
I LOVE DWC!!!

DAY 7 VEG
Sept 11

DAY 13 VEG.
Sept 17

9 Likes

My 600’s aren’t no more than a foot away but I use air-cooled reflectors also

3 Likes

Which of your topic links is your current grow?

Will be cutting clones this Saturday or Sunday, assuming I get my hands on some rockwool cubes or peat pellets.
The plants are telling me that something’s not right, and they dont like it. Have a touch of yellowing mid-blade on some leaves. Will be doing a rez change and starting off at 500ppm to see if they respond well before cutting clones.
DWC gives fast results! However, speed can also be your enemy, as a deficiency or overfeeding can yield its ugly head in short time…if not addressed quickly, it can easily turn into a shit-storm.
But overall, fantastic growth!!!

pH swings 5.5 - 6.5
Ppm (currently) 750
Light 12" above canopy, 50%'ish power

DAY 16 VEG
Sept 20

11 Likes

???
To whom are you speaking too @Tappy
???

Was talking to OleReynard…thought I hit the reply button

1 Like

Here are pics of the issue I’m talking about.
Not sure if it’s too much N…or too much everything, as I upped my ppm pretty high, pretty fast. Went from 300 to 600 to 850 in about a week.

3 Likes

Main one right now is the mamilk/Nepali og run

2 Likes

Man those blew up fast! 800ppm might be a bit jot for them yet, 600ish is probably more in the zone.

This strain is gonna be good!

4 Likes

Diluted my rez with straight tap water…down to 650 ppm and adjusted pH to just under 6. May still have to dump it and start from scratch…plants will say if this is necessary. Hoping I can cut some clones before the weekend is up…will probably do it tomorrow morning. Just want to let the plants chill out in the lower ppms.

Carbon filter + fan combo came yesterday. It’s all 4 inch. Came with thermometer/hygrometer, ratchet straps, ducting and duct clamp rings.

This is the test kit. If it works well, I’ll keep this upstairs (winter’s coming…and I cant have my windows open while I smoke).
Ultimately I want to get a 6 inch fan and 4 inch filter and run the fan as low as I can, thus, as quiet as I can, whilst still having enough power to effectively scrub the air.
The good thing about this fan (besides being built in Canada), is it has a built in speed controller with a 20 foot cord! Tried the fan out and it’s pretty quiet…the speed control works like a charm!! The reviews for this kit are pretty good too.
Need a dehumidifier before I unbag the filter…dont want to expose it to the high humidity around here. Will do a product review when I have it installed and scrubbing…luckily, it’s not stinking too bad yet.

3 Likes

Hey all…thoughts please.
DEFICIENCY?..TOXICITY?..LIGHT TOO CLOSE???

Details:

• 21 days into veg.
  • 6 site dwc, 14 gal. tub, using 12’ish gal. of water
  • 200 watt vero, dimmed to about 50%
  • light height 12"'ish from tops
  • ppm was 300 to 700 to 850 (I believe these readings are accurate) all within a week
  • ppm currently at 550 (TODAY: added water to rez to dilute to 550)
  • pH ranges from 5.5-6.5 (currently 6.0)
  • nutes: GH maxibloom powder, ProTek Silica (TODAY: added 1.5 teaspoon) of Epsom salt to rez + foliar feed (1 tablespoon per gallon))
  • any other ?'s, please ask

3 Likes

Usually when it looks like that it is a pH issue, but sounds like that’s in range. Could be low RH or temperature. What’s that like?

Current humidity in the house is 60% (lots of rain lately)…a bit more in the closet (dwc and plant transpiration). Current temperature outside and inside the house is about 20c…a bit more in the closet (light and air pump).