Tappy's Fuster Cluck - Veg., Flower, Soil, Hydro, Mixed Strains

Im feeling the pain right now. I did not predict the stretch well on a new (new for me) Jack Herer strain. I cant bring myself to snap the tops over on the plants and they are as close to 6 inches in some spots. I have dropped the wattage of the lights to try and help. Note to self for next time, Jack Herer stretches to 3 times the height. No light bleaching so far.

3 Likes

May 6 to June 16…42 days in flower…I think next friday will be the :scissors:

This is one the Bodhi DLA8 f2 (Pure Afghan x 88g13hp) from @Dyad

13 Likes

Very nice thier @Tappy…looking swell

1 Like

Here’s one a month later…4 females…looks like it’s going to be the classic UFS#18 footlong bud!!! Love this stuff!!
@50State

8 Likes

Current temp: 25c.
Current r/h: 72%
My exhaust fan is going 100%…furnace fan is on to move the air in the basement…humidity outside is 100%. Ugh…guess I need a dehumidifier.
To give more breathing space in the grow room and to save myself the heartbreak of possible bud rot, I’m going to be taking down the JOTI Dutch Treat and the Critical SSH.

Dutch Treat day 53…too early…but have to do it.

Critical Super Silver Haze day 53

15 Likes

May 13th showed sex…35 days ago…dyad took at day 67ish…I’m going to have to shave 10 days off that unless I get a dehumidifier.

2 Likes

What size? Something like this?

3 Likes

Oh man, sadness :cry: I hear ya though, rather have it early than lose it completely. A decent dehumidifier around here is like $150… I can’t get my 3x3 below 60% RH using one in the same room and I can’t fit it in the tent but thinking I should be fine. I hope you can get yours dialed in before having to cut any more early :pray:

2 Likes

That’s a little out of my price range. And I’ve said it before, but I’m scared of the aluminum wiring in the basement. Don’t want anything drawing too much power on and off repeatedly.

I found a place that sells old, refurbished ones. They start at 40$ and up. All the reviews I read for new ones suck…but again, dont wanna be tripping breakers and putting stress on the aluminum wires…
Edit
Found this older one for $60…built like a tank and pulls lots of water.
But the thing pulls 6 amps…about 700 watts

4 Likes

Yeah the refrigerative ones (not sure if refridgerative was a word but if it wasnt, it is now) can use a lot of power. However, I can vouch that they work well. I have one that uses 750 watts that cost me about 250 to 300 US and it pulls water out of the air like no ones business. It is rated up to 50L per day but in my room (small setup) it pulls about 7 litres a day. I can dial in any humidity i need and it always gets there. Plus my room has its air completely exchanged once every 30 minutes and when it is 85-90% outside where the room is pulling the air from it can easily keep the room at 40% if it needed to. It still blows my mind how well it works. Goodbye bud rot worries burning in the back of my head 24/7.

3 Likes

Temps and RH spiked dramatically this week, still seeing if I can get away without using the window aircon in the flowering room atm. Last week was 18c yesterday was 26 with rh like 30, today 28 with the like 32 tomorrow is higher again. The LED’s certainly help keep the heat down, my extraction fan is keeping the room around 24c atm. Hopefully it can keep it like that.

4 Likes

Yep that one will work just fine! But yeah I don’t think you can get away with a super low power one. They’re like reverse AC units and use freon and coils to condense the water and blow out warm air. But yeah due to the freon and whatnot needed to make it function, and the fact they’re room sized capable, makes them all pull hella amps. You can get smaller one’s without freon but they don’t work as well, and definitely would not work for a room. Maybe a drawer or small closet or something.

2 Likes

How do you water those pots ? Daily with ferts ?

When a clone or seedling first goes in, I dont have to water for 7-10 days. The mature flowering plants need water every 3-5 days.

DLA8 f2. Pb. & J from our bro @Dyad …3 weeks before les chop…heavy K coming
1-2-5

6 Likes

DLA8 PB & J @Dyad
Multi top dysfunctional but budding awesome!!
Day 10, 12/12

9 Likes

Well, it’s Monday… I’m hungover like a bitch. Checking shit out and kabaammmm…bitch is done…
@Senor_frijoles
Gorilla Zkittles

Thank fuck it stopped raining and the rh dropped…grow room is currently sitting at 25c and 50% humidity…pretty sure I’m in the VPD sweet spot.

13 Likes

Ugh…I’m so thankful to have a great boss…he doesn’t know I grow, but he knows I drink like a fish.
Love you Mike…I hope you never see this…lol

6 Likes

Mother of all shiny things. She might put you to sleep.

1 Like

Well, here’s where we’re at…I’m super embarrased. Was pretty wasted and made a nutrient mix…water was at, like, 4.0 ph after nutes. Went to add my ph up and accidentally added my ph down…ugh…so rather than dump it and start over at the cost of $0.006…i decided it would be a better idea to chase the ph up by adding a fuckload of ph up…ugh…great.
Pics.

My poor clones…luckily started a bunch of unidentified seeds…lol…ah, yes, alcohol…my best friend and worst enemy.

Buds look great though…the plant clearly sacrifices leaves over buds/possible seed sites…
@Dyad s DLA8 F2 PB & J

Hope I got this right @lefthandseeds LowDak

10 Likes