Tappy's Fuster Cluck - Veg., Flower, Soil, Hydro, Mixed Strains

That will certainly slow them down, but I did worse to two plants in veg this week, found some mites again. I left just one mature fan leaf on the top of each branch. I checked them Friday could not see anything, Monday one had several leaves infected. As soon as the temps get up around 80f they appear from somewhere.

2 Likes

Everything coming alongā€¦
Gorilla zkittles @Senor_frijoles looking frosty.

Critical SSH

Dutch Treat JOTI

Closet shotā€¦bunch of everything in here.
Should be 5 Ufs18ā€™s in there!

Carnivorous plant project, bunch of clones and group of Aghani (JOTI) clones rooted.

19 Likes

She is coming along nicely!
Sucks the other was a male eh

3 Likes

I have 2 clones in the fridge!!! Not the maleā€¦2 clones of the female. Iā€™m just glad 1 turned fem. I want to try doing the 12/12 from rooted clone instead of 12/12 from seedā€¦see if the yield increases at all.

9 Likes

Thats awesome!
Always with the experiments lol Im just trying to keep up and learning in the process. Keep it coming! Im curious to see the results.

3 Likes

Lolā€¦planted my outdoor girls on sunday and have had nothing but rain and cloudy daysā€¦which is okay, waters them in and doesnā€™t fry them. 3 males planted in random spotsā€¦and 8 autos and 4 femmed cuts in 2 scouted and safe spots ā€¦I hope.
Hereā€™s a male I planted on a front streetā€¦still untouched and looks goodā€¦hoping all my others look just as nice.
Cant really see itā€¦just to the left of the sidewalk, right by the curb.

14 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::rofl::man_facepalming: wonder how long it will take for someone to notice

8 Likes

Haha well doneā€¦ ivevthrown a bunch of hermi seeds from my bubbas gift by the local timmies

5 Likes

Drove by it this morningā€¦goneā€¦lolā€¦glad I snapped a pic when I did.

4 Likes

Ahh thats a shame, does it look like it was removed for growing elsewhere or just pulled straight out?

1 Like

Also contemplating taking down the JOTI Dutch Treat and the Critical SSHā€¦with warm temps here now (besides the risk of frost last night) the humidity is risingā€¦Iā€™m afraid of bud rot, so I may be taking things down early as opposed to my usual 2 weeks passed peak thc, when it degrades to CBN (what Iā€™m after for sleep).
The lights and nutes make big, rock solid budsā€¦very prone to rot if humidity is not kept in check. We have old school aluminum wiring in the basementā€¦so scared to hook up a 1200w dehumidifier.
Critical Super Silver Haze

JOTI Dutch Treat

7 Likes

Gonna make some oil next weekendā€¦last time it was -30c outsideā€¦lol.
Should be more than a poundā€¦hoping 2 gallons of iso will do.

That bin at the bottom is full of little budsā€¦the bags are all sugar trim and popcorn.
Bin weedā€¦

9 Likes

You should get a decent return on those little buds, 2 gal would definitely be enough. I use about 1.5 liters per 100-150 grams. Do you recover your alcohol?

2 Likes

What are your typical temps and humidity levels during flower?

Thatā€¦
Critical Super Silver Haze
Looking awesome. McChunky!

3 Likes

No recovering any alcoholā€¦but I would rather have too much, than not enoughā€¦would rather get rid of all this in one shot.

My temp/rh monitor broke a few months ago, but never got around to getting another. Blahā€¦I guess itā€™s on me for not doing my due diligence. Yeah, that critical ssh really impressed meā€¦wish I had kept cutsā€¦and wish i kept better track of the cuts i have.

3 Likes

Yeah when I started making oil I used recommend amounts, but it never seemed enough, dry weed really soaks it up so I would double up, which is not a problem with a still to recover it.

Getting as much as you can back out of the bud is hard part for me. I now have a better method. Using a metal tea strainer and some large plastic washers, and some c clamp vice grips.

2 galls of alcohol vapour is a lot to gas off, no wonder you were not happy doing it in -30 temps outside.

I have been experimenting with some atm, I used 2 liters with 120g of weed soaked in the freezer for a week because I forgot about it :roll_eyes: once I had it all strained apart from the paper towel/coffee filter I let it sit outside in mason jars, to get rid of the chlorophyll, left the jars for a week on their side, as I was busy doing other stuff. I found the fine sediment left settled to the bottom. I can now decant the alcohol carefully, leaving the sediment which I will add a little more alcohol to and then run that final little bit through the coffee filter, saving hours of watching dripping alcohol through a filter and stinking out the basement before running through the still.

3 Likes

Iā€™m trying to do a half-assed QWISO. Iā€™ve got 2x 1 gallon jars and a large plastic tray with 5" sides and my 3 gallon and 5 gallon dwc pails if I need. Gonna wash all the buds in the jars (shaking to agitate), strain through the metal strainer into dwc pail or plastic tray with 5" sides. Then strain all that through a coffee filterā€¦should be pretty fast as only small matter will be present to block the coffee filter.

I like this ideaā€¦the dripping coffee filter is brutalā€¦takes so long, itā€™s painfully slow.

Can you explain this part a bit more? You have the strained goods jarred with lids and you let it sit in the sun for a couple days?

3 Likes

Yeah, I use the strainer you have first, then a very fine tea strainer, then a micro fine paint strainer, they are like a coffee filter only made of paper and a plastic filter on the bottom half. This speeds up the filtering process as it just runs straight through all three almost. Just leaving the trichome husks and waxes which the coffee filter would remove.

Normally I would just leave it after straining 2-3 hours in full sunlight, the UV gets rid of the green colour and reduces the earthy chlorophyll taste.

I just left it so long because I didnā€™t have time to deal with it, itā€™s still sitting on my desk now lol. Thatā€™s how I noticed the very fine sediment collecting on the bottom, normally it would be a couple of hours outside and then through the coffee filter.

You will get more resin if you are able to freeze the weed and alcohol and let it sit 24 hours before filtering and purging the alcohol.

2 Likes

Frigā€¦used to work at an autobody/paint shop (a lifetime ago)ā€¦never though of using thoseā€¦all sizes of microns, lint freeā€¦good thinking!!!

3 Likes

Found itā€¦today is day 50 (7 weeks) of flower for my furthest along. Iā€™m scared of bud rotā€¦but Iā€™ve gotta roll the diceā€¦itā€™s just too early. Gotta let em go another week at least. :sweat:

6 Likes