Taste testing phenotypes and variations

I expect, as my first harvest approaches, I will want to compare many variables, ages, cuts, cures, seeded vs sinsemilia, and varieties. What techniques do you use to differentiate the highs? To keep the stones separate?

I find subsequent highs during a day can be influenced by the earlier highs. Also by the quantity I have smoked earlier in the week.

It’ll be a lot of consumption for me.

I’ve heard that chewing a peppercorn can damp an overly heavy high. That might be useful for this as well. A pallet clense, so to speak. Other tricks, if you have them, would be welcome.

3 Likes

pass it out to people who will give you the most feedback.

since I’m medicating ailments & symptoms with most of my use it’s pretty easy to say “yay/nay”… & my smell/taste senses are dull as can be. :unamused:

i know what i need at different times; sativas from early AM until afternoon napping it’s indica time and or blending.

:scales:

edit: … and I can go through about 4 different strains in one test session. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

A few things I have done in the past. The simplest one is to only test a single variety per day. Usually the first high of the day. Make it the same time and setting. For example after your morning coffee…

If you have a get together with friends who smoke, roll several joints of each. At the end of the evening, the variety that has had the most joints smoked is likely your favorite.

10 Likes