Mixed-Strain Bowls?

Does anyone else out there like to mix a couple strains in one bowl? I feel like I get more different molecules, and it just about always has a better effect.

I really like to mix something with an effect I really like but it’s not strong enough with a real thumper. The combination is usually awesome and much longer lasting.

What are your techniques or thoughts?

8 Likes

I grind one bowl at a time, so there’s often some “over grind.” All mixed up, it’s what I’ve come to call team effort. I think it’s probably pretty common. I like it because it’s another bowl burning something different than the last bowl. I try not to burn two bowls of the same weed in a row, and the mix in team effort is virtually never the same.

Where’s my bong, team?

8 Likes

Sometimes?

These days I’m more likely to smoke one small bowl of one flower followed by another small bowl of a different flower? Same idea though, mixing up terpene and cannabinoid profiles, etc.

4 Likes

I typically break up bud onto a ceramic coaster, and sometimes I’ll have two strains on the coaster but in separate ground piles. After a rip or two off each pile, I do enjoy a mixed bowl just to get the coaster cleaned off :wink::metal:

Effects-wise. … Ehh, i dunno if I feel any difference, I feel like more than anything it slightly messes up the taste of each one strain :man_shrugging:t2:

I’ve always wondered if having some very high CBD flower, mixed with some very high THC flower, would have a heavier overall effect than a single 1:1 strain which, as best I can tell even the highest rated 1:1 strain is still in range of like 10%. :thinking:

4 Likes

I’ll make a “special blend” from time to time. My wife likes when I add some bubble hash with flower for night time smoke, but i usually just smoke one strain at a time.

1 Like

Bong daily driver for the past 10 years right here fam :facepunch:

I tend to do the same grind just a bowl or two and switch up the strains throughout the day

5 Likes

I do like hash bowls and keif topped bowls as a treat now and then

1 Like

I have always enjoyed rolling joints mixed. Well, not so much mixed but put in there in such a way that the first 3rd of the Joint is Maui Waui, second 3rd is Shiva Skunk and the third section is Sour Bubble as an example. That way you get all the different flavors but still the mixed reaction.

6 Likes

Never thought of doin it that way. Thanks for the inspiration.

1 Like

So a stratified joint. Let’s do science!

Me either. An excellent idea, Doug!

3 Likes

A variation of this, mixing specimens of the same line at equal part (weight). Then heavenly mix all and checking the smoke ^^ Kind of “zeitgeist taste” of the round, it mostly amuse me but sometimes it’s interesting.

2 Likes

Yeah dude, High CBD buds mixed in with high THC buds is great :grin: and can pack a bigger punch per volume than my nicest 1:1s, but i still like 1:1 for like a session since its so mellow (and tastes so good :sunglasses:)

2 Likes

I like to mix strains about half the time. Usually to mix flavors/terps and not really to mix effects. Seems like more than two strains and the flavor gets all jumbled and you can’t tell the difference.

1 Like

Do this all the time in the Volcano and really enjoy it. I worked as a bartender for a while and it’s the same idea - you mix too much stuff together it’s just “brown” but special combos feel great.

You can make decisions based on flavor, but also consistency of bud. Dialing the heat in with 'cano is a fun step. Can also split the bowls or grind/mix together.

Sure is fun to smoke pot lmfao

3 Likes

Dang, @DougDawson, you “Ole Super Toker”, you!!! Straight back to the '60s, even though we really never knew what we were smoking. Good memories, Bro. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yep. It’s the mix of whatever was left on the tray :rofl:

We call it “Salad Bowls”

:rofl: :+1:

4 Likes

So many good ideas in these replies!

Yeah I do this too. Highly recommend.

It’s like mixing bowls actually accomplishes what breeders sometimes try to do with breeding, taking traits from one and putting it with another. Doesn’t usually translate with hybrids, but it really can with mixed bowls.

1 Like

Definitely happens with effects, too. No more than two.

I’ll be honest, I can’t tell much difference between flavors, except dank or garbage. Maybe terpinoline. Or fruity.

I mix. I don’t mind it has a nice meld over. Like I am now changing my grinder. Got a little mix of pixie dust.

1 Like