Techniques For Hanging Lights

…I’ll ask anyway. Does anyone have any techniques when tying the adjustable light hangers with carabiners and nylon cord to make them easy to adjust later?

Cheers

4 Likes

Its not a stupid question. Diy is difficult sometimes.
If you have enough cord you can tie loops in it so its as simple as hooking onto a different loop. Personally i use chains instead of cord.
If you have actual adjuster things then they should be simple to use. Maybe a pic may help if im getting the wrong idea

2 Likes

Merci Bob,
I have the adjusters and just figured out a method.
They are simple and I am stupid.
I think the phrase is…duh.

4 Likes

Woo yay whatever works works. I have many dumb moments so you are not alone. Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Care to share. Yoyos currently require me to use two hands while hoisting the light with a third.

2 Likes

I clip onto the rope like this

I like to keep the “tail” short and bulky so if the ratchet fails the tail will Jam the mechanism and it won’t fall all the way down. Like this -

Hope that helps

11 Likes

Looks like you can raise the light by pulling on the tail as you call it?

2 Likes

Yes that’s correct. I adjust the bulky part after raising partly for the reason mentioned previously but also to keep it from resting on top of the light.

2 Likes

Lol. The very method, but neater.
You gotta take pics fast round these parts.

2 Likes

I use two on each end of the light. As cheap as they are it’s an insurance policy. I like @Foreigner 's idea.

4 Likes

yup very neat and tidy, i’m going to do that tomorrow when the lights are on

1 Like

Yep. I do the same. Makes it easy to one hand each side if needed.

1 Like