How to make the cable shorter on a light

Here’s a stupid question I need to shorten these cables on the lights, I tied it in a knot :rofl:

5 Likes

To shorten them you’ll need to cut and crimp on a new ferrule. Standard aircraft wire stuff available at a home improvement store.

2 Likes

Sweet I’ll try ace hardware in the morning

1 Like

Man, I hated how long the damn cables were on my lamp… Bought some cheap ass chain and did this

I think the chain was for hanging planters and came with some s hooks and a few clips… Gave me about 8 more inches of height in my tent

4 Likes

I was looking for something like that
Thanks

1 Like

I tied mine too. But I tied it sort of off to the side so it still hangs right.

Edit - I have also used big zip ties

2 Likes

I was thinking zip ties but I’d freak myself out thinking are they ok while I’m at work lol

3 Likes

I have them attached at 4 points so if one fails no big deal. It’s only 100w and doesn’t generate a ton of heat anyway.

I also still have the wires attached just in case
:+1:

I can also make sure the light is dead straight this way. It annoys me when it’s off a few degrees.

5 Likes

I had some smaller ones I was trying to show a picture of. But I will use those and run them through the pole and that’ll give you about three or four more inches of height.

2 Likes

image Right there you can connect them together and run it right through that pole. I’ll try to show you in a minute I can’t go to my stuff right now. The zip tie thing will work.

I hope you don’t mind me copy in your picture up there. @anon98660487. I know that wasn’t a very good example I’ll try to show better. What I’ll do is take the cables from the light Straight to the hook or the other thing I showed the clip. Sorry man I can’t find my glasses this morning.

Yup. Most light hanger cables are way too long for me.
I just loop them back on themselves. Makes them half as long and no tying, cutting, or other hacking.

11 Likes

i use the hell outa wire ties in the grow room,thye seem handy, or maybe i have watched to much red green

2 Likes

Another thing you can you is heavy Zip ties. Go back and forth so the end up even. Use a ring to put the zips thru and hock to ratchet.
Chain may rust in the humidity is not stainless.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Zip ties hadn’t even crossed my mind. I may look for some heavy ties soon, I could free up another inch or so in there

1 Like

I have three that I have done that with.

ratchet hanger?

2 Likes

I’ve done the same when hanging my exhaust fans.

2 Likes

I have these already still a bit long for
My liking

1 Like

I got em on my fce3000 and I love em kinda hard to lower maybe I have them upside down but deff does the job !

1 Like