How To Hang Fan Speed Controller On Wall

I’m setting up a new grow area and I want to hang everything on the wall, nice and neat. I am not good at “carpentry” beyond installing a screw or pounding a nail. I can’t figure out how to hang my two fan speed controllers without them hanging at an angle.

This one has the same design as my model: https://www.amazon.com/Yield-Lab-Variable-Controller-Ventilation/dp/B00UW6CGHW

As you can see, they have a clip on the back. There is a hole in the clip, so I used that to hang it over a nail. Unfortunately, the weight of the power cords causes it to hang at an angle making it look pretty sloppy.

Can anyone suggest a better way to do this that does not require much DIY skill?

1 Like

Really strong double sided tape?

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/gorilla-heavy-duty-mounting-tape-254mm-x-152m/p/0441733?nst=0&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5s3cBRCAARIsAB8ZjU00NJ34D0cX3f05_4H0u9sg8eQfDdNDzD0UjRZKL5jd3-aykkWb9W0aAnySEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 Like

Pretty good idea. I’d prefer something less permanent, incase I want to move things around sometime. But I might try it. Thank you.

1 Like

I’d say that was much less permanent than a nail/screw. You’d only have to Dab a bit of paint on to cover that as opposed to filling. Sanding and painting.

2 Likes

Wonder if something like this might work for you

2 Likes

Ordered the tape. I’ll post a picture of the result.

1 Like

Gday @BCC This way of mounting the controllers is permanent and would require minor patch work of paint when removed, but no more than good double sided tape would. So you’ll have to use your imagination a bit…
The cardboard in photo would be sheet metal or similar…thin enough to bend with out too much force. Screwed to the wall into timber or plaster with plugs…the tape measure has the same clip as your controller. Slide the controller down so the outer bit of clip slides between the sheet metal and wall

2 Likes

Thank you Ozzie. I think getting a piece of sheet metal with holes for screws may be beyond my DIY skill set, but it certainly seems like the correct approach. Really appreciate you taking the time to post pictures! I’ll take a trip to Home Depot and see…

1 Like

I just let mine hang :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

G stands for ghetto? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I love you :heart_eyes: :couple_with_heart:
it is in a tent :wink:

1 Like

Something like this on the cords at each end. You can also use them further down the cords to keep them nice and neet,

I also use these to hold 1/4" push to fit tubing and gauges, etc.

2 Likes

I hooked my oscillating fan up to a metal crate, hung the crate from the top pole, and used zip ties attached to each side pole to make sure it stayed straight. I can move it up and down or take it out completely with ease

1 Like

Brilliant…I’ve been stuffing around every time I walk in the room, adjusting chains etc. trying to angle fan right. I’ll be copying this later on…thanks mate👍

wire staples my dude
i mean, there are many ways to go about it but i have no clue what kinda tools you got

You could try velcro tape. It is very strong and very handy for lots of things