Tent clean up

I just finished my first complete grow. I know to take the fan apart and clean it. Can you machine wash the pre-filter? Hand wash? Any other pointers to get ready for the next grow? Thanks for the help!!

8 Likes

Why take the fan apart? Blades on mine are still pretty clean even after a year. Prefilter I just wring out in warm water to get the loose dust and toss in the wash every few cycles when it starts to get dark colored.

3 Likes

My current tent has been in service for a full year.

I have cleaned the mesh on the intake, replaced the carbon filter (it was used previously), and done a half assed wipe down of the floor after each grow.

Oh and I used a sulphur spray on all surfaces because of an outbreak of PM.

All the best

5 Likes

You guys clean your tents?

Just kidding… kind of. I give mine a sweep/vacuum and a quick bleachy wipe down lol

4 Likes

I will wipe the walls, frame and floor with LABS to prepare for, next candidates

2 Likes

Not sure how well a filter will wash. But you can get replacement sleeves fairly cheap. (So you could try washing it and if all else fails just get a new one.)

I wipe down ALL surfaces with a disinfectant. (Tent, Poles, Tray Liner, Light Hangers, Light top and bottom)… literally any and every surface. Open up your fan safety cover and wipe that, wipe your fan blades front and back.

1 Like

agree with vernal, just wring out the prefilter, there not that strong, i ruined one in the washing machine.

1 Like

Yall dirty growers.

I may do a dusting and vacuum every 6 months or so. But RDWC is pretty clean. No salt deposits everywhere. No dirt on the floor from run off

I give everything a wipe with vinegar solution, clean both sides of screens with vacuum, vacuum my light, wipe the fan and ducting and put my prefilter in a lingerie or bra bag and chuck it in the washer by itself. Cold/delicate, with more vinegar. After cleaning pots, I let a listerine/baking soda mixture dry in them before giving them another rinse.

1 Like

Does anybody know if I can put my tent floor cover in the washing machine?

@corey depends on the material, I’d recommend a scrub brush. The ones I’ve had have mylar not sure how that would hold up in the washing machine.

1 Like

Is it that bad? I just rinse mine off in the bath tub and maybe hit it with a brush… not sure I’d want that in my washer machine… put it on gentle cycle, just dont put it in the dryer if you must.

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s mylar… scrub brush in the tub or something sounds good. I’ll take one for team and wash it in the washing machine on gentle cycle. Thanks @Budafly @NEK-Fowldog!

1 Like

I’d honestly not put it in there, getting folded up and spun is going to do a number on it I’m thinking

2 Likes

Its mylar… it’s as fragile as some peoples feelings on this forum…

2 Likes

Lol. Then I’m gonna have to do it the hard way then lol!

1 Like

I wipe my tents down with a bleach solution and warm water between grows. That’s it.

1 Like