Tent drying harvest

61-63F is ideal temp to dry and cure
Go lower than 59f the cure starts to slow down
And at 53-54 fthe cure stops and I am unsure if it can be restarted again : )

1 Like

You have tent exhausted right? Open intakes.or crack door Should still see tent walls sucking in though. Aim for 65 degrees 60% rh
turn ac down blow fans full blast. But not on the bud. Indirect airflow. I cut to branches. I See absolutely no benefit to leaving all the leaf n big stalk. Other than its where your leafy taste comes from n adds time to drying. Ive dry trimmed n never will again. Once the outside crisps usually 3 -5 days put in a sealed container(mason jar common. I now just use big bpa free tupperware containers. Easier n work better. ) put the container of bud in slightly warmer spot. Different room whatever. Itll sweat n soften up again over a few hours. Just take lid off tupperware let it breathe til it stiffens. Seal n repeat. By the time you seal 2nd time it prob already smoke good n be just as good if not better than everything else around. I know someone will say no no. And i agree dont rush it. Just catch it as it crisps first time n milk the moisture out in container from there. Main thing in potency is that chop. Dont let ppl talk you into chasing degraded amber trichs. Amber means cannibinoids have already degraded. Simple fact everyone ignores chasing that amber trich. Then they get sour ass bitter tasting weed n wonder why. Those trichs that collapsed n lost all the goodness. Like prison wine when it turns to vinegar.

4 Likes

Yeah I have it hung as a whole plant but I already have it trimmed back as far as leaves. Only tiny leaves are still on them. Also i have the intakes open with indirect air blowing. So just going to see how it goes man. But everything you said is how I had it laid out for myself to do it. Great minds!!

4 Likes

Yeah. Basic rule is slower is better for flavors but too slow itll start mold which will take over in jars. But mainly the goal is to purge the moisture out from the middle without overdrying the outside. The main stalk will keep feeding the insides moisture until its totally dry. Kinda why i get rid of it. Just make sure you got plenty airflow and exchange. Fresh air. Cleaner air. N if it seems to be drying too fast put in container n itll even out making it all wet again. Then dry more. And it stays dark right. No light cycle in tent. Cause it aint dead when you cut it and react to light. Ive noticed frostier look on stuff that stays dark dark during whole dry. Trichs defend from light n replenish in dark

1 Like

Yup, the same. Strip em naked, then cut them down. Hang the whole plant. Disassemble when reasonably dry.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

@rooted yes sir total darkness. I even experimented with leaving them in the dark for about 48 hours before chopping em down. Since this was my first time I’m just kind of trying different things see what works

1 Like

Hey @ReikoX how long you hang for? I keep mine at 60% with a 3 week hang. What temps you running too? Mine varies but lately about 20.

Um I was at 55% rh like 73 degrees and it hung for a week. Then started curing

3 Likes

I am lucky if I can get 10 days drying time here. Usually dry in my lung room that is set to 75°F (about 23°C).

1 Like

Too bad. My humidifier keeps it where I wanna it with just a zipper placement for fine tuning.

1 Like

Yeah I thought I would of had em hanging longer but 7 days was about right…maybe a little short but it is curing nicely

1 Like

We generally have an ambient RH of 10-15%

2 Likes

Yeah that sounds like how it was in my hometown. Super dry bro. I’m originally from west texas

1 Like

There’s the difference it’s been higher ambient here by a long shot. I keep the AC going in the house so that the humidity can stay lower than outside if I open the windows at night.

3 Likes