Testers: Blueberry Diesel

i was just thinking. i have a pack of lemon g x snow lotus and i wonder how it would be crossed to a BBD lemon pheno. i don’t plan to make it but the thought did cross my mind. so many people are loving this ‘lemon’ pheno but i just want to move on and create my next projects.

8 Likes

I’m finally getting into my new space next weekend. I think I’m going to do a pheno hunt with the lemon female F2s and I’m going to look for a keeper male throwing the lemon. A buddy of mine has just started Lemon OG (Lemon Skunk x OG18) as well as Super Lemon Jack (Lemon OG x Jack Herer). Hoping he finds at least one keeper amongst those 12 beans! Create some ultimate lemon beans!

10 Likes

let me know if/when you do that project. i’d love to trade for some. :+1:

by that time i should be done with my next project.

5 Likes

I will be the first to say I thought I found gold with the “berry berry” but my hand keeps going to the lemon. The taste on my tongue lingers like a song I can’t get out of my head.

images (17)

9 Likes

i’m surprised so many people are liking this strain. i’m glad i put out the blueberry diesel and not the chem fuego f2s. it looks like i chose a nice chem fuego male, but my choice of female f2s didn’t go so well. the female i wanted to use in making some chem fuego f2s only put out 5, yes… 5 seeds. the female i didn’t like put out 2000 seeds, lol. just my luck. but yeah, i’m glad you are all liking it.

9 Likes

I guess that’s the fun of breeding, you can plan what you want a strain to do but at the end of the day you just never know what you will get.

5 seeds though that’s crazy. Did you ever pop the 5 just to see what they got?

If it means anything to you my last harvest was apple fritter, rs-11, Tropicana cherry, Frankenstein all from clone. The lemon pheno of bbd is still my go to and the Frankenstein in second ( completely different flavors).

4 Likes

whatchu doing with those? :thinking:

2 Likes

@CosmoNut @Rhai88

unfortunately i think i lost them while cleaning. i probably wouldn’t have spent any time on growing f2s again anyway.

3 Likes

download (19)

You know you made something great when you mentioned 5 seeds and me and @Rhai88 come out asking about them lol.

Seed junkie’s…

3 Likes

yeah, i’m pretty sure they’re gone for good, but i wouldn’t waste my time with the f2s even though it was a different female. the f2s were a major disappointment and i’m surprised the BBD came out so well. if i find them i’d be happy to give them away but i wouldn’t want to waste anyone’s time.

2 Likes

Day 53

14 Likes

That floral soapy smell is probably geraniol and ocimene. It’s a really nice combination.

3 Likes

I’ve up-potted my two not so little ones into even bigger pots and moved them outside after taking these pictures and lopping off the top for a cutting. From here on out I’ll be taking pictures of them outside in the California sun. I’m quite sure they are gonna perk right up outdoors.

The solo cup if for size reference purposes.

9 Likes

Nice. Outdoor is the way to go whenever you can. I’ve not tried indoor and outdoor of the same strain, but I can feel a general difference between the two. No disrespect to indoor growers (getting everything dialed in is quite an accomplishment) but I’ll always prefer outdoor-grown. California is a damn fine place to grow outdoors, too. Parts of it, anyway; it’s a big state.

2 Likes

just a reminder, some of you haven’t sent the shipping info required for the BBD packs.

@55DaViD

@Stoner420

i can’t go chasing you guys around.

5 Likes

glad to hear you’re liking the lemon pheno. it seems like that’s what to look for. sorry to hear one was ‘meh’, at least it’s not all of them. can’t be perfect i guess.

6 Likes

Bro nothing to be sorry about. I was happy with the berry berry. The lemon was just a stand out.

I can only hope I have so much success on other hunts.

1 Like

Looking good! Curious to what is all over the plants in the photos.

2 Likes

Thank you. The things on the leaves is tiny wood chips!!! I try to use predator mites to take on spider mite or fungus gnat etc.
The good mite are packaged mixed in with the wood chips and you then sprinkle it on to your leaves so they can go off in search of lunch!

3 Likes

Ahh! The ones I get localy are packed in a rockier material instead of wood. I think it’s vermiculite or something. What kinda of predators are you using? I have been using Phytoseiulus persimilis to battle spider mites lately.