Testing for THC

May 29th if you’re in Massachusetts. June 15th full lift. Unless things change normalcy is returning.

Personally it hasn’t been anything other than the occasional hair on my face bugging me, but it’ll be nice to be able to have the funeral for my grandfather finally. 1 year later…

On the note of hydro shops thc testing I wouldn’t trust it. They’re likely not actually testing. They’re always much higher than the results should be. Most likely they smoked it and gave a smoke test result number.

2 Likes

Lol dont they need to give you a lab report with machine number n shit.
So you dont believe in the 30+% thc result? :smile:

1 Like

I hated it. I did a survey, “quiet” s Vegas area.
About 50/50. Much less for healthy people.
Certain types always wore one.
I had a great time got few evil eyes but was worth the skipping and smiling.

BOth.

1 Like

Honestly no I don’t. Unless the weed was basically a kief ball or shiny like glitter. 30% and up isn’t unachievable for overall cannabinoids, but straight thc with next to nothing else I have a really hard time trusting without a proper lab test. Delta 8 thc for example shows up as cbg, cbc, and cbl more often than not as well.

2 Likes

I know it’s not an ideal answer, but in all honesty if you don’t need exact numbers learn to feel out your weed and what each cannabinoid does to you. Not what the internet says it does for your body/brain chemistry.

Isolates are getting extremely inexpensive now and should allow anyone interested in this route to get a baseline to have in place of lab tests if testing every batch isn’t viable for them.

Treat it like a game and see how close you can get to Chromaspectrography.

Though in all honesty they still don’t test for everything and thc alone doesn’t paint the whole picture of why some smokes are significantly better than others.

3 Likes

I was there while it was tested in the same room and saw the machine just didn’t see the actual process cause i was smokin a joint and turn my back :upside_down_face: I brought enough for all to have there own joint​:wink: so they did smoke some :dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

1 Like

Test after getting the moisture ready for long cure and then 12 months later:

There are some other interesting things in that thread as well.

6 Likes

Thanks that’s what i was looking for :+1:

2 Likes

I’m glad it at least wasn’t a bro test thc percentage lol. Those have become a plague.

1 Like

Thank you for chiming in. I realize I should have tagged you sooner. CBG to thc in ideal conditions isn’t widely known yet. There’s also cbg to cbn directly with no thc stage between as well. Just I would not expect the concentration to be significant enough yet until a stable enough cultivar is found and worked on for that reason to see a cbn strain anytime soon.

2 Likes

im going to soon with psi labs, will publish results like late summer, taking a bud big enuff having part of it tested and will have to find some one in mich to cure the other part and take it to psi then later, i will prepay psi

ps. just read some others @Northern_Loki it shows what i thought , slight increase, which I believe to be because of the weight loss from losing the moisture. Thanks @Northern_Loki just saved me $80.00

the magic jar

2 Likes

In Canada, 60$ to test for thc/cbd/cbn etc.
60 to test for terps
There’s other tests for heavy metals and moisture and stuff too. Just send 3 grams to a lab and they send you a report.
I will be doing this soon

3 Likes

Yeah theres a place here in md that advertises $50 potency n mold test. But got to have cultivation license or be with a dispensary to submit sample. The govt here likes the monopoly. Thats why this state isnt rec. Cause itll kill all the lab coat operations who paid big money to get that monopoly.

2 Likes

Test labs should be checking the moisture content and normalizing the results but I have no actual proof that they do this 100% of the time as a normal part of preparing the samples. I could see them hand waving this step as it is a time consuming task, as we all know.

Don’t overlook the possible CBG conversion. CBG is not utilized in calculating THC/CBD but CBG can decompose into either over time.

Haha. Not at all. I saw the title and said, ‘cool, what going on in there’.

2 Likes

For the price of a really really decent large home grow, one could invest in a GCMS and make decent coin running such tests. Just sayin’…

1 Like

You can easily spend $35k on a decent, working used system. Of course, don’t forget about the columns or consumables. And not everyone knows how to operate a GC/MS. Just sayin… :wink:

I work with the companies that make these and other analytical instruments. Managing and repairing them are other significant cost factors beyond the the cost of acquisition which also needs to be considered.

If all you want to know is the potency and have money and lab skills available, your best instrument is either HPLC or UPC2.

If you want to know the terp profile, I might suggest using HS-GC, which is basically GC with Head-Space Autosampling.

3 Likes

Oh just me trying to learn something :nerd_face: gonna have to
re-read your thread a few times to sink in. Thanks for coming and enlighting me :dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

1 Like

oh this is what i forgot:
Buds optimal jar cured in 62% stable will be 12% moisture content.
So if you have super dry bud shouldnt it be like 50% thc at that point?

So it’s two different tests? So 120 bucks a sample. Not 60.? Is this in Canadian loonies and twonies. I assume so. Lol. Sorry I just woke up.

1 Like

you can get one of the tests done for 60 and both for 120 there are a ton of different tests you can get added on but you could get just your basic testing for thc done for 60 or just the terpenes for 60. And yes loonies and toonies lol

2 Likes