TestOfOath's Happy Place

I am amazed by all your set up man, it keeps getting better! Your happy place makes me happy too! :call_me_hand:

1 Like

So it’s literally an irrigation system you built, that’s sweet as fuck. You described an outdoor lawn irrigation system almost to a T just on a mini scale.

Thanks a shit ton for spending so much time and energy writing all of that, I genuinely appreciate it :grin:

I will be giving the cloner another shot in the future for sure, just plain well water and air stones added into the reservoir, probably 2-3 medium sized cylinder type was I’m using in my bubble buckets and my heatmat under it.

I think all the technicality of choosing where to clone is gonna be a little difficult to learn from just reading cause I can’t quite picture it in my mind

1 Like

Also, I put this bubble insulation stuff underneath my heatmat so there’s extra heat radiated upwards, it’s from home depot, I use it for a floor and one wall in my grow room, 95% reflective or something and insulates as well

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Reflectix-48-in-x-100-ft-Double-Reflective-Insulation-Roll-BP48100/202092205#overlay

It pretty much is, with slightly different components other than the valves themselves. Instead of sprinklers, I have a length of 3/4" poly, with 1/4" feeders off that that go to the mister heads. Fine mist is what you want. The unique component is the irrigation timer. Standard Hunter / Orbit / insert big name here won’t work because they can’t do short, repetitive cycles. When I built this, that timer was almost impossible to find (Galcon), but now its easy to get. I remember paying like $50 for a “Grow Your Own Income” system mainly to get the plans for the mist beds (also didnt hurt to get a big list of all the plants the author propagated in it). Setting up the timer wasn’t intuitive, but there’s now 3 or 4 YT videos describing the process. Obviously this is all outside by the veggie garden, partially shaded behind the shed, but uses surprisingly little amount of water. 10 seconds every 10 minutes translates to the system is on for 1 minute every hour, or 12-13 minutes total in a day its spraying. I calculated the water usage to only be a few gallons a day with everything going… Each mister uses like 4gph, so it really doesn’t add up with the short “on” times…

1 Like

I’ve had good luck with this trimmer thought I had a video only have a picture twister t 4 has interchangeable drums for wet and dry trimming . Does a nice job and not much damage to the buds if you’ve got the vacuum attachment any lost crystal is captured for hash or sifting .

Also wet trim you’ll loose less trich’s then when it’s dry .Both will do decent bag appeal with minimal hand touch ups.

8 Likes

Trichomes look nice as fuck inside and very outside of nugs

11 Likes

Lemon Skunk trichomes

2 Likes

Romulan Grapefruit trichomes

2 Likes

Yah they look decent, thanks for the photo! Very interesting!

2 Likes

Stem is the one on the right

10 Likes

@Dirtron the peyote has started to pop, I’ve been keeping them loosely covered with Ziploc bags after spraying, no rubber band or anything just on loose, so it retains moisture for slightly longer. San Pedro haven’t been quite as loving yet nothing showing in that one so far. I did 75% full of clay stones in a solo cup from my hydro with as much promix cc40 as I could fit in the remainder, it’s the best I could do for the time being, do you think they’ll find it acceptable?

6 Likes

I think they will be happy! The place where they grow is seasonal mud flats so for part of the year it’s roasting hot desert scrub (The Yotes retract and end up getting covered by dead failed leaves to pass the drought) and for part of the year it’s sloppy wet. New seedlings obviously start during the sloppy wet part!
Hope the Pedros take off.
Enjoy your new pets,
Dirtron

5 Likes

Thanks for the gift and your time and energy helping me grow them, I’ve always wanted cacti and more succulents but only have so much time on my hands. Truly appreciate you helping me start this end of my hobby!

Always been a little afraid of these chemicals after my first surprise experience with them combined but I’ll learn to deeply appreciate them down the road some day

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve learned. They like to be soaked and can be waaaaay water than you expect for cacti, for longer periods. And you can feed them liquid ferts too.

Yup. Want to shoot for 50ppm nitrogen when feeding cacti.

2 Likes

Took a couple hours but I made it so it’s actually readable!

10 Likes

@Dirtron The San Pedro popped too :grin: might’ve been earlier but I didn’t notice them because of their stalk color, at least a little over a handful of each taking off!

3 Likes

Hell yah,
I can’t honestly spot them in that pic :wink: but turning red (if it is the brownish thing at front, left of center) is generally a sign of too strong of light.

1 Like

Noted!!! They are red for sure, I’ll move them down below the shelves so it’s not so intense see if I get a change, I don’t wanna fuck this up!

2 Likes

I don’t want you to fuck it up either.

But know that if you did fuck em up I would just send you some more!

I need to organize my collection… right know the list is in my :brain:.

I am guessing you put yours into micro centrifuge tubes in a holder box? Like the pics I have seen here a lot recently?

2 Likes