TGA Subcool Gear

@schmarmpit I just sent you a PM

1 Like

Wow I have some Immortal Flower seeds too. That’s a name I haven’t heard in a while. Were given to me by Janja on Breedbay, before he changed his name to Supernatural. He sent me a bunch of seeds way back then… and shortly afterwards he disappeared. He was a great guy. I met him and Pollenjock around the same time. PJ passed away sadly.

1 Like

Sounds like we were around the same corners back then
Sad to see so many of our brothers have passed

That Chernobyl looks great
AWSOME to see she’s been round for a while

Miss all the old strains and my mothers I had
Gonna try my luck at getting some of these old seeds to crack
I’ve been on here on overgrow
And looking at best ways to get them to crack

I’m sure there a bunch of new killer strains and breeders out there
Just been gone for a long while

Things have changed
All for the better I guess

7 Likes

I’d sell my soul for one seed of the original the flav. :joy:

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Subcool TGA Chernobyl Preservation Run(CarterCreek imposter SCAM)

Grape stomper! Wow! You need to try and spout those!
blue heron too! I used to grow dynasty’s blue magoo and it was fire. Super frosty. I just mentioned that strain in another thread here yesterday (about statins we miss).

I’ve been testing some of the different methods in this thread to spout some of my old seeds:

I want to try making the device in post #43 (or 44).

2 Likes

humm good to know.

BLUE HASH
BLUE HERON {F1}
BLUE HERON {F2}
BLUE ICE CITY
BLUE JAMAICAN {F1}

GRAPE STOMPER BX1
GRAPE STOMPER BX1
GRAPE STOMPER OG
GRAPE STOMPER—SOUR GRAPES

humm …

3 Likes

Yea I’m for sure gonna give it a go
I have a bunch of the headband x grape stomper og
So I figured I would try a couple different ways till I think I found the best way to get those to crack .

Then go after the ones that I only have a few of
And hope I can get them to crack

The ones that are in the little plastic container are very old late 80s early 90s from old outdoor grows .
Pinecone is what we called it

8 Likes

Nice! Yeah I’m in the same situation. I only have a handful of seeds of some of the older ones I have so I am practicing on less valuable seeds first.

I’ve tried all sorts of methods over the years but my main method for the last 10+ years now has been just soaking in a shot glass of water + some 3% h2o2 until they either sink or sprout a tail. But that hasn’t been enough on some of my older seeds.

So far, what’s worked best for me was a light rub on fine sandpaper, soaking in h2o2 + water for 24hrs, then adding a few drops of a fresh seed sprout tea I made (for the enzymes) to the water and letting it soak another 24hrs (the seeds were floating the whole time). I had a root tail less than 24hrs after adding the seed sprout tea.

I also currently have some sitting in pure worm castings in little covered containers sitting on a heating mat. Fingers crossed on those (but nothing so far).

I bought some gibberellic acid (ga3) to try as well. I tried sprouting a few seeds by wetting a paper towel with 120ppm ga3 and putting it in a ziploc bag but no luck. Next time I am going to try soaking the seeds directly in the ga3 water for 16-24hrs.

I also still plan to try using:

-piece of an aloe plant
-seed cracker

• that “seed germination bomb” described in post 43/44 of the thread I linked.

I’d also like to try manually removing the seed shell. I tried on one seed but need to practice again before I’d feel comfortable doing it on seeds I cared about.

I’ll let you know what works best for me!

I believe I read something about how you can send seeds away to be tissue cultured or something like that. But I never looked into it. I’m not sure I care about these old seeds enough to do that anyway. lol

4 Likes

platinum dojo ahh ya thats a rare one from me, thats a pretty decent have brother.

and yes your guys approach is great, work the plentyfull one and get it down then drop the rare one.

very nice indeed …

4 Likes

On the topic of this thread:

I just recently found a stash of seeds I made from subcool’s “deep purple” strain (maybe 40-50 seeds).

I grew some out years ago and they looked just like the deep purple mom I used.

The “deep purple” I had was short + squat like the urkel but had more of a citrus smell than grape, which I was disappointed about at the time because I was hoping for something that tasted more like purple urkel. But it was still a good strain.

If anyone wants to try and do something with some of the seeds, let me know.

8 Likes

Have you tried putting your seeds in the Freezer for a few days/ then just put the seeds in the soil or whatever you use - i think soil/coco will do fine.

I had old seeds that were kept at room temperature for a few years ( im in Scotland so weather is ‘Temperate’ at best. ). - I put the seeds in the freezer for roughly a week or two and took them out and about 3 weeks later ( I kept them in the fridge.) they ALL germinated.

Maybe they got Dormant’ & in nature the seeds would be lying freezing over winter and they kinda thaw out, etc, so maybe freezing a few for say a week, and then letting them sit in fridge for a few days and then either straight to medium or paper towel/shot glass or whatever.

Just tossing out some ideas :bulb:.

Good luck with cracking your old beans.
:facepunch:.

Gaz.

3 Likes

Anyone have a few the flavs they’d be willing to part with? I’d really like to keep that strain alive and even find a good keeper.

Just got some Liquid Karma as suggested by @MonsterDrank to help these TGA strains Germ. My 2x Scarlet Queen from Producers Overstock and 2x Cuvee F2 and 2x Bloodberries both from Badgers Batch wouldn’t pop this last seed drop, they were placed direct into Rapid Rooters, watered and then placed on a heat mat, I put a humidity dome lid underneath as a buffer between the seedlings and the mat. All other genetics sprouted just fine, ever since I’ve started growing, I’ve had amazing germination rates regardless of method used. Glad to see a few of you having luck! Gives me hope for my collection! Have a great day fellow #WeedNerds :metal::metal::metal:

4 Likes

I don’t use heat mats personally. I find they do more harm than good with seeds @OG_Caveman. Good luck tho.

6 Likes

Honestly I just got it a like 5 weeks ago to help root the Chernobyl clones I took, figured I’d try it with seeds and it’s worked for the most part, I’ll probably skip using it next seed pop tho :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Here are the 4 Golden Ticket clones I have, the original clone is being pollinated currently.

12 Likes

Gonna run Jack’s and Coco with these in 2 Gallon fabrics. Just waiting on Cal Nit and the Bloom Booster.

2 Likes

Like anything else, you take the good with the bad. The variety is pretty remarkable, and there are many great new strains and easier access to a lot of older lines and cuts in general.

Welcome back, have fun with all the new stuff✌️

1 Like

Teddynuggets

Thanks for all the info !!
You just pretty much summed up everything I’ve read here over the past couple weeks !!
Should have waited you got me covered!!
Thanks again
Jaws
Yea I grew a pack of the platinum dojos many years ago . It was the first true purple buds I grew out .
Fantastic looking with a great buzz
Have quit a few new packs as well from your fine work
And there next to be run

Ogcaveman nice on the golden ticket and yes
I need to get me some liquid karma like
Monsterdrank recommended

Sorry to keep this on track here is my plushberry at day 31

Thanks everyone for the great info
OVERGROW the WORLD !!

10 Likes