TGA Subcool Gear

TGA Norstar update:
Jack Skellington - 2 soaked, 2 cracked, 2 popped! (1 is still struggling to fully open up, but 1 is looking good).
I started using Humic Acid & Kelp blend, but wish I had started using sooner…Besides the few TGA strains I’m trying to sprout, I’m going through some of my older stock too - having no (to little) success using plain water. Now that I’ve added the Bio-Active Supplement, everything at least cracked open.

I’ll give this another shot:
Qleaner, Jacks Cleaner 2, 3rd Dimension.
…I’ll probably start a new soak tomorrow - this time I’ll use the “special sauce”, and see if we can get these going too.
btw - the Qleaner pushed through, the seed shell was kind of like a “helmet”, but that’s all she did. She stayed like that for a couple of days, so I assisted removing the seed shell helmet, and underneath was some healthy white, but also some dead tissue - I may have been a bit premature…but I had to do the same with all my older seeds - typically without issue, (usually helps in development & growth).
the 3rd Dimension actually made it where it had the two “teardrop” leaves, but never developed the second set of leaves, and when I plucked it out of the soil this morning, to my surprise, it had established a nice root network…

8 Likes

Wow man looking killer :metal: wish there was a scratch and sniff option here :laughing:

2 Likes

Hey @Addams_family_farm, question for you. I just finished a grow of Chernobyl S1 only had one going but the smell was so amazing, like a 7 up. Anyway the one I grew I got maybe an ounce of her and the limbs were super weak every one needed support. In your experience is she generally a low yielder and kind of crappy structure? Was going to run a full tent but was looking for a lil invite thanks!

2 Likes

Good luck! Ima keep my :eye: on this

Hey man, I actually never grew Chernobyl before I would ask @MonsterDrank his opinion. I do have a s1 going myself but haven’t flowered yet. I am noticing some of the stems are semi hollow so was thinking some training / staking would take care of that but I dnt know i would say run her again if the flavor is worth it to you maybe she just needs a little extra attention

2 Likes

My Chernobyl yielded well with some topping and trained to a bush. I used stakes for support.

Look at this beast.

26 Likes

I’m seeing that monster now! I think I’m going to run it again. Thanks for the reply!

2 Likes

Was this an S1? And how long did you veg for? :pray: Never mind I looked :arrow_up:

No. I’ve never grown an S1 seed in my life and I don’t remember. That was a long time ago.

1 Like

Looking proper bro, love the fade on her :clap:

2 Likes

More Chernobyl… from seed.

This was the first time I grew Chernobyl. Amazing pheno from only a couple of seeds.

I’m actually kinda psyched up for Thanksgiving… a buddy of mine just harvested the Golden Ticket and he’s dropping off some nugs tomorrow. It’ll be my Turkey Day pre-meal smoke.

29 Likes

Happy New Year !
…it’s been a while since I’ve posted here, but just want to give a quick update, and will be posting some pictures very soon…it feels like it’s been so long since I’ve posted - but the seeds that were able to sprout & grow, all turned out to be Female (100%).

Hopefully, anyone who was able to get the last remaining stock of original TGA Subcool gear - please be patient; the seeds need a little extra love & caring to get going, but they are (mostly) viable. I’ve had a couple sprout, and then die off; but it just goes to show me that they have potential.

For my update of strains - these are the ones that made it (I believe the 3rd Dimension sprouted & died, Jacks Cleaner 2 - I couldn’t get any of these to sprout), but for the remainder:

Sangria #1 - “indica” Vinters Moonshine pheno, short & bushy
Sangria #2 - “50/50”, bigger, hybrid growth - awesome stem rub aromas
Jack Skellington #1 - looks G-13 dominant: short & bushy, branchy
Jack Skellington #2 - appears to be more “50/50” Killer Queen/Jack the Ripper: the node spacing is longer, and leaves are a bit more narrow leaf
Qleaner - this is a shocker ! she cracked open, and was very “mutant” looking from the start. And while the other girls grew as a plant should; this particular plant developed it’s 1st true set of leaves (mutant style), and then did absolutely nothing for a solid month plus…it was in a 2" starter pot, I would give it water occasionally, but I had written it off as a DISCARD (but I kept it off to the side, never thinking it would do anything, but also - was not entirely “dead” either, so I figure what the heck - I’ll leave it be)…Fast Forward to present day.

I just finished up-potting all the girls…did some trim work, and getting them ready for 12/12 flower. I kept checking the Qleaner for sex, but it was not exhibiting anything (remember - it’s as if this plant was dormant (on pause) for over a month, so it’s development is way behind. I figured it would probably turn out male).

Well yesterday, I saw the 1st signs of Female pistils…I was blown away; this plant has come back from EXTINCTION, and not only that - has turned out to be a Female as a bonus. However, she’s like 2 month’s behind all the rest (I don’t have space to give her extra vegetative time as she needs). So at 6" high, I put her in a 2 gallon pot, pinched the top, and will let her do her thing with the rest of the girls.

For the new year, I made a resolution to start a grow journal & post pics here on OG. So pictures will soon be posted. I just want to finish by saying - Give the old TGA Subcool gear time; it took some extra work to get these going - but they are now well on their way. It was a good learning experience trying to germinate old seed stock. These original genetics are a nice blast from the past. Looking forward to the next episode! And I want to emphasize: out of the five seeds that made it, all five are female: 100%! (…I’ve also had it go the other way too, haha - all males).

6 Likes

These are some pictures of Qleaner strain - started in October, did nothing for over a month, and just recently put into 2 gallon pot - getting ready for flower.
…this is my first time uploading pics here on OG, so not very proficient, but more photos soon to be posted…

14 Likes

Here is Chernobyl Golden Ticket at Day 21 from @MonsterDrank’s clone. I doubt I’ll get as much color in my grow environment as he did, but she sure is looking frosty already.

22 Likes

Frosty girl, looks like you have her dialed in.

5 Likes

Chernobyl Golden Ticket at Day 28

22 Likes

This is my buddy TRay’s Golden Ticket… same cut at 18 Days

TRay said. “…it screams old school TGA.”

Soon there should be a few of these in flower amongst the Overgrow crowd. I’ve got some more rooting too as we speak. I’m glad I could spread it around a bit.

17 Likes

Definitely. Strong sweet candy smell.

4 Likes

Hey I’m sure this long gone but do you have any TGA genetics left that you’d want to trade for?

2 Likes

I’ve got some Querkle F2 beans I made back in 2013. May no longer be viable, but you’re welcome to try them. Other than that, not much Subcool left in my collection. I’ve got some Brian Berry Cough from 2018. DM me for further talks.

5 Likes