The Bank of Stank

I wanted to add more smoke reviews to this clone collection list I had going, but realized you can’t edit a post after a certain time. Then I realized I don’t even have any of those cuts anymore (except Forbidden Fruit). That list is already obsolete and I won’t need to reference it unless those cuts circle back around to me.

So here are some new entries that I do still have in the stable. These plants were re-vegged after flower since I only got to grow them once. They all made it just fine.

Blue Dream (Santa Cruz cut)

This is a vigorous grower; makes large thin leaves, open structure, and happy to top and train. The stretch is decent, maybe a little more than 2X. The buds are extremely resinous with large mid-density colas ready in about 10 weeks. It’s a good producer that needs support at the end. She has a floral smell mixed with bar soap and hint of sweetness that translates pretty well to the taste. I am most surprised by the quality of the high. It’s strong and puts me in this hazy kind of state where everything seems to be moving slower, floaty, and I am really, really high, but not tired. Haha. It’s good and quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Blueberry

This cut came from PNW Strainhunters and he couldn’t tell me much about it. Supposedly DJ’s cut, if he ever had just one. She grows thin jagged leaves with average growth and a mild 1.5X stretch. Growing the Blue Dream, I can actually see how this plant might be related. Even the buds looks kind of the same, just not as big. They are medium dense spear shaped and absolutely reeked of sweet blueberry right around 6/7 weeks. I couldn’t stop pinching them. I took her to 10 weeks and maybe that was a bit too late as the blueberry smell faded by then and was more floral in nature. And now cured in the jars its a sweet fruit mixed with like onion or some funky piss smell. But when you break it up the blueberry is still there. The smoke itself is mostly floral and hashy. The high is mellow and enjoyable. I wouldn’t call it light, but it’s definitely not strong. I’ll grow her out once more and then probably say goodbye.

Purple Urkle

Another cut from PNW. Slow is the name of the game for this one. Probably the slowest vegger of any clone I’ve run. She is re-vegging now and is slow at that too. I topped her once in veg and almost instantly regretted it. She stays small and is fairly leafy with really long petioles. She makes dense nugs that stink of musky skunky fruit. Medium-low yield. I took her around <10 weeks. There is a surprising amount of purple in the buds despite the high temps of my summer grow. I’m sure she’ll be more purple in the upcoming winter grow. The smoke is tasty and transfers pretty well from the smells. The high is pretty mild but does get me feeling very relaxed. It’s great before bed and on lazy days.

The Afghan Mango was a total bust. Something was wrong with that plant, and the growmie that gave her to me found the same results. The GMO was a bust too. It made decent buds but there was absolutely no smell and minimal frost. I even let her go 11 weeks or more but just weak all around, snapping stems. Probably had HLVd. Make sure to bleach your razor blade between plants, folks!

27 Likes