The Bank of Stank

Your senario to me wouldnt even be a thought …$100 seeds…$100 clone(known, good, clean)

Keep your seeds, ill see you 10 weeks from now with bud off that clone… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Seems like Strawberry Cough is making a comeback haha. I always liked that one, haven’t seen it around in years, but the other day I checked out Dark Heart’s site (for no particular reason) and saw they had it on their menu. They actually had a few of Kyle Kushman’s things on their menu, seems like they’re working with him now or something. I dunno. Personally, I think that guy’s kind of a dickhead, but I do like the Strawberry Cough.

I’m pretty interested to hear what you think of the MAC, too. I got an eighth of that from Cap’s dispensary in downtown LA a few years back, didn’t think it was all that. Like, at all. I actually thought the MAC cross I got on that same visit was much better. I don’t remember the name offhand, something like Dino Egg or Dino Food, maybe? In any event, I’ve never gone back to get more of either haha.

The SD/‘91 sounds good, Pink Lemonade, Blueberry, Purple Urkel, Blue Magoo… Lots of good stuff this round. A real variety of flavors haha!

10 Likes

Yeah man, I’m stoked as always for the next round of flavors!

I loved the MAC! I ran it so many times. It’s one of the few I was sad to lose. Just checked all the boxes. I think the smoke is really strong but not too tiring. Then I just got it back by pure happenstance. But sadly it looks nothing like the MAC I ran before, completely different leaves, which are pretty unique looking. I’ve got my fingers crossed but expecting to be disappointed. There’s probably a few different cuts going around, but I’m sure whatever I had first was the real deal.

And yeah, I’ve not heard the best things about Kushman. I was actually hoping this cut I got was NOT his, because whatever he was originally handed as Strawberry Cough is probably not the clone he’s passing around as his Strawberry Cough.

11 Likes

Not the biggest Mac fan myself but get some “granny Mac” every once in awhile from a dispo here in az it’s Mac x Colombian pretty good stuff real nice anti anxiety weed

7 Likes

Oh, okay, so you’ve grown the MAC before? I thought maybe you had, couldn’t remember if it was on this log or if I was thinking of somebody else. I guess I don’t have to wait to hear what you think of it now, though haha! Regardless, it’ll be interesting to see how this new clone does.

I mean, the Strawberry Cough I used to get was from his dispensary in Studio City, Buds ‘n’ Roses (stupid name). I dunno if that means anything, but I figure it was legit, if nothing else. It was good weed, for sure, but I didn’t live in the Valley at the time so I rarely went out there, just because of the drive. All of the shit there was super-overpriced, too. That’s one of the reasons why I think he’s a dickhead, actually haha.

So it’s kind of like a bx? Isn’t one of the components of MAC a Colombian? Like the male or something?

6 Likes

Yeah sounds like a bx of sorts pretty sure Mac is alien cookies x (Colombian x star fighter) @minitiger

4 Likes

Im running Mac1 Cap’s cut right now, 3 weeks into the flip. Not impressive growth nor structure, but the goo level for day 21 is really good. Hope she fills and fattens. Never tried it before, have read it’s from outstandingly dank to so damn so…lol. I will find out i reckon

4 Likes

Sucks about the mites from green acres. I got mites from Ben’s nursery. Ordered some from prestige then and I can say bug free and healthy. Nice Filipino folks. Can’t speak to the clones actually being what they are supposed to but I just laid them to flower so time will tell.

You were talking terps and I have wondered if certain terps are more susceptible to temps like Myrcene vs Limonene then others. When I process for concentrate quick and cold are the two thoughts I keep in my head to keep the flavors. I want the flavor of fresh live concentrate but on my flowers.

1 Like

No, Green Acres has been really clean so far. The mites came over several times from PNW Strainhunters who is no longer in business.

6 Likes

I got a pack of strawberry cough from hazeman seeds still haven’t popped them but was on my list sooner or later.

Ah thanks for the clarification.

Dude the sour diesel cross and the purple Urkle I would not be able to say no to either if I had homies insisting on sending me some.

4 Likes

@LegsMahoney thats hilarious :joy:
Is that how it’s supposed to be done?

1 Like

I wanted to add more smoke reviews to this clone collection list I had going, but realized you can’t edit a post after a certain time. Then I realized I don’t even have any of those cuts anymore (except Forbidden Fruit). That list is already obsolete and I won’t need to reference it unless those cuts circle back around to me.

So here are some new entries that I do still have in the stable. These plants were re-vegged after flower since I only got to grow them once. They all made it just fine.

Blue Dream (Santa Cruz cut)

This is a vigorous grower; makes large thin leaves, open structure, and happy to top and train. The stretch is decent, maybe a little more than 2X. The buds are extremely resinous with large mid-density colas ready in about 10 weeks. It’s a good producer that needs support at the end. She has a floral smell mixed with bar soap and hint of sweetness that translates pretty well to the taste. I am most surprised by the quality of the high. It’s strong and puts me in this hazy kind of state where everything seems to be moving slower, floaty, and I am really, really high, but not tired. Haha. It’s good and quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Blueberry

This cut came from PNW Strainhunters and he couldn’t tell me much about it. Supposedly DJ’s cut, if he ever had just one. She grows thin jagged leaves with average growth and a mild 1.5X stretch. Growing the Blue Dream, I can actually see how this plant might be related. Even the buds looks kind of the same, just not as big. They are medium dense spear shaped and absolutely reeked of sweet blueberry right around 6/7 weeks. I couldn’t stop pinching them. I took her to 10 weeks and maybe that was a bit too late as the blueberry smell faded by then and was more floral in nature. And now cured in the jars its a sweet fruit mixed with like onion or some funky piss smell. But when you break it up the blueberry is still there. The smoke itself is mostly floral and hashy. The high is mellow and enjoyable. I wouldn’t call it light, but it’s definitely not strong. I’ll grow her out once more and then probably say goodbye.

Purple Urkle

Another cut from PNW. Slow is the name of the game for this one. Probably the slowest vegger of any clone I’ve run. She is re-vegging now and is slow at that too. I topped her once in veg and almost instantly regretted it. She stays small and is fairly leafy with really long petioles. She makes dense nugs that stink of musky skunky fruit. Medium-low yield. I took her around <10 weeks. There is a surprising amount of purple in the buds despite the high temps of my summer grow. I’m sure she’ll be more purple in the upcoming winter grow. The smoke is tasty and transfers pretty well from the smells. The high is pretty mild but does get me feeling very relaxed. It’s great before bed and on lazy days.

The Afghan Mango was a total bust. Something was wrong with that plant, and the growmie that gave her to me found the same results. The GMO was a bust too. It made decent buds but there was absolutely no smell and minimal frost. I even let her go 11 weeks or more but just weak all around, snapping stems. Probably had HLVd. Make sure to bleach your razor blade between plants, folks!

27 Likes

Thanks for keeping up on the awesome reviews!

Bring back the Blue Dream, not sure why it ever went away. Your description sounds exactly like I remember, definitely going to have to track that one down.

That sucks! Definitely something wrong with that cut, it was one of the stankiest in my garden when I had it. I’m seeing it everywhere in crosses now… it’s the new Blue Dream, haha!

13 Likes

That’s interesting. The Blueberry x Silver Lotus from Iamyou that I just sealed up a few days ago smelled similar, very onion-y and fruity and acetone. The leaves sound similar to your Blueberry, as well, (relatively) thin and very jagged. They looked sharp. And evil haha.

Anyway, thanks for the reports!

11 Likes

damn that purple urkle sounds and looks like some dezank

7 Likes

I found spider mites on the Pink Lemonade cut from Green Acres. That’s the first issue I’ve had with that vendor. It took 20 days in quarantine until I noticed them. I typically wait 4 weeks. Bummer, I was just getting ready to move them over but they’ll have to wait until next round.

I’ve learned to not treat the incoming plants right away, as you might keep the issue hidden until it’s too late. I much prefer leaving them as is so I know what I’m dealing with sooner than later, and can treat it specifically instead of a general IPM. I’m comfortable dealing with spider mites…at this stage. At least you can see them with the naked eye.

21 Likes

Dude… Come ON, man! Just start popping seeds already. Fuck these clones. It’s never-ending with this shit…Do you need some seeds? Is that the problem? Haha. I can send you some seeds if you want.

Just kidding, I know you’re good on seeds. Or ARE you???

19 Likes

LOL! I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT, DAD!!! This is Quarantine. That’s the whole point of quarantine. To even play with clones you accept the risk. I’ve got stored bud for ages. Now is the time to play with FIRE! and see if I get burned some more. I got lax with quarantine last round, but I’m on guard again. And I’m running seeds, don’t forget. I’m not just a straight clone-boi anymore.

Now I know you said you won’t be buying any more seeds. I hear that. I respect it. But let’s say I send you some funds to procure them for me, since I don’t know a thing about buying these embryos myself. Would you be willing to bend your rule for this sad clone-boi?

19 Likes