SPAM + dr.bugbee method journal

Ive been thinking about node spacing recently. It was something that i didn’t pay much attention to but come to realize how important it is after comparing yield, bud structure and tightness between plants with tighter node spacing than those with wider spacing.

found the following link that discusses ways (mechanical and chemical) to improve node spacing by reducing stretch.

how do you all control nodal or node spacing?

which stage is more critical for node spacing (veg or first few weeks of flowering stretch?)

1 Like

Great read!! Liked the bar idea, might give that a go.

1 Like

order of business:

1. gg4 week 8 bud shot

2. is this a P def?

3. veg room is outta control.

4. etc.

11 Likes

Very nice start to your grow log.

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

There should be a badge for users who have donated seeds to another user.

i am very grateful with OG in general but specifically @catapult for the efforts in the Goji preservation run and sending me some really interesting Dragons Milk x (Black Domina x Beatrix Choice) and Goji OG F2 (also thankful to @The_Lazy_Hippie for organizing the original run with the F1s).

I will start with the Goji OG F2 and they will be sowed this or next week at the latest.

Harvest day for Gorilla Glue S1

19 Likes

There is a badge for us people that do a seed run that is distributed to the community. The badge to for a journaled run that is than offered up to the community.
If he doesn’t have it yet he will. There are nine growers in this one. I have the ones from him that are being given out on the sign-up list. You are just getting a head start :rofl: The others are all being combined before sending out to give everyone to look for the phenos they are looking for.

Edit: You will fit in here: Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups for Preserving

3 Likes

yupp the Overgrower badge, ive seen it. But just for sending seeds to someone else (whether it was from a run or just extra seeds you had) should get a badge too, no? :slight_smile:

yupp I asked for some seeds in the private lounge some days ago, and catapult was kind enough to include them.

2 Likes

No :laughing:, that is just being and og’er and those are a private transaction. I would guess 100% of the older og’ers have. I would guess 80-90% of the people here over two years have. It is just what we do here. JMHO

:green_heart: :rofl:

2 Likes

Appreciate the sentiment @the_bot !! No badges needed for sharing beans imo, it’s all in good fun:) Hope you enjoy those. The goji speaks for itself.

I got a mini pheno hunt of the Dragon Milk x Black Domina/Beatrix Choice started rn…

Dragon Milk is Bodhi’s work; I held a keeper mom for a year or so, big fluffy creamy chem laden smoke that I hit w some Black Dom/Beatrix Ch pollens (AK Bean Brains work). The girl of her that I had to taste on was a big dark spicy sativa leaning pheno.

11 Likes

And this is why @catapult is a true OG’er and an all round great person. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

in case anyone has missed it, shane from migro just released a very nice video on light penetration

7 Likes

just watch, magical shit and ruby pearls and wtf.

From what I understand its a device to vape on a bong - and yeah i know the Vong, and in general Dynavap exists and can do this too - but just watch it in action, its quite pretty and can vape more than the dynavap on a single hit.

1 Like

Looks like an enail for bud lol.

1 Like

I dont have an enail so that explains my over excitement lol, but yeah, thats pretty much what it boils down to, vape nail for bud.

1 Like

Still very cool.

1 Like

its been a while since i posted anything relevant to the grow for several reasons.

1. i stopped taking certain precautions (like changing clothes when going in with the plants) and i got some mites. I reacted fast with neem/insecticidal soap (it was 3 days after flipping, no flowers had been developed yet) but aggressively (i applied during light on schedule) and got them burned as fuck.

2. i was pretty negligent this time around since veg. the plants got too big, i didnt have adequate support, and they began snapping in mid flower.

I have some lessons learned, funny enough, i learned more from this run than the past two.

I also got to thinking as to how my journal keeping is not really helping me track relevant information that could have helped me identify the mites sooner, or have better/purposeful watering practices. - and how to change that.

btw that dust/powder next to the burnt leaf is not PM - its dried soap residue.

13 Likes

That was a rough time for you and the ladies.

2 Likes

Yup, I ‘checked that box’ too… :wink:

It seems the lessons I remember the longest are the ones that generally leave scars… :rofl:

I found posting a grow log helped me improve my notes. I’d try to put enough info into it to explain to folks what I was doing & a year later I could decipher it (usually… :smile:)

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I feel for them, its first time in my life i have empathy for plants, i had never grown anything before that other than a bean in gradeschool.

what do you do for IPM? right now i started appplying neem with insec soap since veg.

yeah, i have to be more constant and take better notes of the grow itself. i think im missing on important info that will help me down the road.

2 Likes

I’ve only been ‘touched’ with IPM, I used Hydrogen Peroxide to treat it.
There was a great post here a day or so ago on Hypochlorous acid. Sounds much better than H2O2, well worth reading.
Trying to be proactive, I clean out the lower undergrowth and use a circulation fan to move air around, which all helps to avoid IPM.
Controlling RH is the key.
I follow the Vapor Deposition Chart until mid flower and then I tend to go more ‘dry’ through to harvest. {touch wood… :smile:}

Cheers
G

3 Likes