The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

I guess that all depends on if you’re using the definition in the literal sense.

1 Like

We have friends in Vancouver and we sometimes think about visiting them but then the Acapulco math wins. Too bad so sad, why don’t you come to Toronto it’s the centre of the universe you know…

4 Likes

Meet them in Mexico…win-win.

3 Likes

They come to Toronto for family once in awhile so we see them plenty anyway.

And they live way out in the burbs so I’d need to rent a car and…I already live in suburban hell. No need to vacation there.

3 Likes

Was in van yesterday morning to play disc golf at queen E park but thats the extent to my outings there otherwise i avoid.

4 Likes

It looks like there are big changes at Karma Cup this year.
The Judge’s kit is going to be split into three (Indica, sativa, hybrid) and I see no concentrates!.. :worried:

Details are few at the moment.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

There’s some kind of shake-up going on in the contest scene where they are deathly afraid of giving someone contaminated materials. Liability is huge.

2 Likes

What’s ‘frosting my yarbles’ is the missing concentrates categories. That’s where all the interesting work was last year.

They are making noises about going totally legal this year and I’m afraid about what they might change to accomplish that.

Wait and see… :crossed_fingers:

Cheers
G

1 Like

ugh yah the skinny from “the man” says only LPs will be able to participate. It has to be declared safe for human consumption by the lp testing pipeline before it can be handed out in a judging pack. That comes with a bonus cost of 800$, so to offload that cost from the contest, they only allow pre-tested product to enter, so there is no liability for contaminating human beings with chemical nast. It’s offensive but true. They claimed 10% of personal entries were contaminated, but I think they were being generous.

3 Likes

I will be driving from Edmonton to Vancouver next month, anyone knows where are the good places to get some nice weed?

Ya there’s an entirely new look at these venues and such this year, and I’m almost positive it has something to do with the government trying to take anything from the black market they can now that they are seeing the numbers. The government is pumping out lawsuits, cease and desists etc. like wildfire as of late. Several have considered whether it’s worth it to continue or not anymore. Idk we’ll see I suppose

2 Likes

An update as to what’s decent value for the dollar in the legal market.

I’ve changed from being employed by the INCREDIBLY overpriced Tokyo Smoke brand to the Fire and Flower umbrella org.

Right now best value for flower IMO is the Homestead Bandwagon.

This is actually 1964 Organic Romulan.

1964 sells 3.5g eighths at $34.99 which are one big bud.

All their flower that doesnt meet the “one bud eighth” standard is sold under the homestead banner.

The more you know…

Edit: by the ounce the 1964 is $280 while the same product under the Homestead banner is $139.99

5 Likes

That is just under the cost of what you can get a QP for out of BC online

5 Likes

I know, I don’t know how those guys stay in business. My neighbor buys a qp a month from BC and I just shake my head at the prices.

2 Likes

My one buddy who is just an amazing grower says why bother I can’t grow it for that cheap

2 Likes

While I agree, I still like growing!

3 Likes

This stuff called Jungle Cake is supposed to be 30 to 33%. I get a notice that the microbuds come on sale for $129 for 4 oz how do you not want to try this

4 Likes

Correction, LOVE growing

2 Likes

129 for a qp Jesus that’s insane.
Is it good Herb?

1 Like

It seems like the math changes everyday.

For nerds like us it doesn’t really matter but when the question is “do I spend $1000 on tents and lights or do I just buy a kilo?”

I don’t know what the right move would be for such a person.

3 Likes