The Canadian Contingent (Part 2)

I’m considering only eating every three days to explore my options under financial pressure.

3 Likes

This has trickle down savings…spending less on TP.

1 Like

Hang on, so cbc can be bailed out, but not out mail system??

4 Likes

exactly… I would say more on these topics but it will get political right quick so I will bite my tongue. All I can say is october 2025 can’t come fast enough.

6 Likes

:grin::+1:

3 Likes

I welcome our AI overlords

1 Like

You whiskey guys try the Wild Turkey Rare Breed ?
Scotch guys, Arron Quarter Cask and the Craigellachie 13
Canadian Single malt, Glen Brenton Rare .
If you haven’t, put them on the list .
All in my top 2 for sure !

Sorry, they don’t come in bags .

1 Like

Did you hear how much profit Loblaws made in the 1st quarter? I think it’s like 457 million. That’s including all the theft at the self checkouts. Seems like someone is gorging.

2 Likes

You are not alone on that.

1 Like

I have a friend who is in big banking corporate stuff. He’s pretty cool and laid back and not a dickhead LOL He tells me I have to take the grocery chain profits with a bit a of an open mind because the profits are coming in a manner we are not used to.
Mass immigration over the last 9 years and especially the last 3 has driven up the demand for grocery items exponentially which equates to higher realized profits by those who sell the groceries. If there is endless demand and you can supply… you get rich. It’s the way things work.
So we have to use a bit of a time machine method and look at net profits before the current regime and the mass immigration mandates as well as pre covid. Then do a population driven estimate on what those profits equate to today. We also have a large sector of society that has been in stockpile mode since Covid started and they are habitually stuck in that shopping mode and spending more in the grocery market.
So there is a lot of math and modelling that suggests while those profits at face value appear to indicate mass gouging… which I’m not saying isn’t happening… the massive explosion in canada’s population by millions of people over a very short time period, has the grocery industry thriving and setting record sales left right and center.
It is a crime that a gallon of milk in Canada costs prettty much 10 dollars in the grocery store. This country could produce more milk than we can consume but the environmental wackjobs are killing farms, adding tax upon tax to the food and the processes that put it on your table and regulating strict quotas that see millions of gallons of wholesome milk being dumped by farms because of regulations and industry quota caps.
but anyways… these threads can get far to serious and that’s not my intention here so I don’t want to see anyone come along and flag me… again :rofl:

10 Likes

Frost advisory here, a 5 gallon bucket hotel over the girls tonight will keep the frost away .

6 Likes

Frost this morning but going to 21 today.

5 Likes

Another frost warning for tonite my way.
:v:

4 Likes

The bucket hotel for the night works fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My new flower pot.

15 Likes

I like that !! Nice skull pot :wink:

hey canadians… so do we have the 92 OG up here yet?
If so , give me a hollar, its on my list.

5 Likes

It’s my skull bucket lol

3 Likes

Now that my move is done I’m trying to get stuffs back up and running, still got to find stuff in boxes , can’t find stuff , gotta wire up the new to me 10x16 insulated shed so I can get the hobby farm and other stuff going, hope to find the 94% ethanol by this weekend so I can get that out to those that wanted it, can’t make more till I wire the shed, got some irons in the fire on a couple of totally new to me projects, life is busy .
But , I have my “4” in pots, not sure what they really are other than 1 solo cup was marked and crossed out “Skunk II”.
Had the same clones last year through a friend, dank and a heavy hitter is all I really know.
Wasn’t supposed to be Skunk last year that we were getting.
We kept a mother from last year so I have clones from last years and the new “Same as last year” .
We’ll know this fall lol

7 Likes

Had a forced tear down of my grow and dry rooms yesterday. Must be a sign from
God telling me I need to take a break. I’m signing off for a bit. Hope
You all have a good summer. Hopefully
I’m back around come fall.

14 Likes

Shit that blows man. Hope all is well :pray:

3 Likes