The Canadian Contingent (Part 2)

i need to get my paperwork in order to cross the border, passport expired years ago and haven’t got the enchanced drivers liscence from NY yet. i remember the days just crossing with a copy of your birth certificate and id

6 Likes

:sob:

My condolences to you and your fam @CanuckistanPete

:sob:

6 Likes

So sorry to hear about your pup. My best to you and the family.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss Pete. Sad day for sure.

4 Likes

Damn man, it’s hard to say anything that would help make you feel better. From what I know of you, I’m sure Marty lived better than a great life. All the best to you and yours in these times.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about the loss Pete .
It was hard to help a neighbor to take his dog for it’s last ride and I had to do the same for a rescue that we adopted years ago.

4 Likes

sorry for your loss prayers to Marty’s humans

1 Like

Oh man, I’m so sorry!!!

2 Likes

Renewed my health card and drivers license yesterday. I am now defined by two pieces of paper.

Service Ontario is like standing in a soup line. And I had an appointment.

Great fun.

10 Likes

In BC you can combine those into one :wink:

3 Likes

RIP Marty. Sorry for your loss @CanuckistanPete :v:

4 Likes

I guess you needed a new photo?

4 Likes

Got to do mine too, got the message just before I went in holidays. Not looking forward to the lines.

1 Like

Yes, but. There’s a bit of a caveat. if you need 2 pieces of ID and don’t have a passport. Alot of places only concider that 1 piece. :roll_eyes:
I lost my bank card once. The bank asked for 2 pieces. Wouldn’t take it. Finally, after logging into my app right in front of them, and a pin verification. They gave me a new one.
So last time I had to renew, I seperate them.

4 Likes

Here in Ontario, you cannot even use your Health card as ID in most cases due to privacy. Merging them seems like a bad idea. Not sure if something has changed.but it may have. I will find out soon as my health card and drivers licence both expire on Oct 27th.

3 Likes

They are separate but expire at the same time.

2 Likes

Get a firearms license. :laughing:
I like having my health card/drivers license in one because it’s less shit to carry in my wallet.

3 Likes

But that requires taking a course but still, something I think more people should get. If for no other reason, to learn something about firearm safety.

7 Likes

In BC, this is the most easily acquired license you can get, other then a fishing license. As long as you show up to the course and have 2 brain cells your guaranteed to pass.
I honestly think they should teach fire arm safety in public schools.

5 Likes

I would not be against that. I learned when I was old enough to hold a .22 , so I was very young. I think it’s great to get people comfortable with guns. They are a tool and should be respected, not feared, IMO.

6 Likes