The Canadian Contingent (Part 2)

4 Likes

Itā€™s a bit counterintuitive but those faces you see at the final tables bust out spectacularly all the time.

Risk is necessary but it doesnā€™t always work out. No shame busting out if you can walk away saying you played it right.

1 Like

Also, true Canadian Toronto moment: I just witnessed a fully loaded cement mixer (which google tells me is 65000 pounds) blast straight through a red light in heavy traffic.

I wish I was surprised.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Most people are good at hiding their emotions when they know youā€™re looking.

Another excellent poker trick: when you get your hole cards donā€™t look at them. Look at everybody else looking at theirs and see their reactions. Your cards will still be there, I promise.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Itā€™s funny, I prefer to play mediocre cards. A pair of aces is dangerous. You either win a small amount or lose a big amount.

Iā€™d prefer to splash around with a shitty suited connector if Iā€™m getting the right odds.

2 Likes

I did this when I played for a little while :joy: Iā€™m not skilled at all with emotions or poker so maybe thatā€™s why I had to implement that trick

I donā€™t think it made much a difference towards any good poker players . Iā€™m the type that would win on the river with some fluke - against all odds cards and just piss the player off who I called or called me .

There was a blackhorse beer poker tournament I played @ maybe 16 years ago with at least 500 people . I think i was more so there to drink then to win.

3 Likes

Itā€™s weird but every piece of information you can get is an advantage. Are you fighting with your wife? Do I know this? If so you might be inclined to push hard to assert/vent. This makes me more likely to call you down if you seem out of character.

Are you a noob who really doesnā€™t want to do anything to look stupid? Advantage. Youā€™re going to play by the simple book.

Doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m always right but itā€™s an advantage.

But I quit playing cards a long time ago. Still love it, canā€™t play it.

2 Likes

Donā€™t worry, just play it coolā€¦

Five of spades!? Come on, Iā€™ve got a lot of money on this game!

4 Likes

Even when you win you lose.

1 Like

Yes, that feels like someoneā€™s SWAG to me but it was the only current stat I found. I recall a 50% number back in 2020.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

ALT+SHIFT+2

Wins every time

2 Likes

Like the chocolate milk from farmboy :blush:

I know we shouldnā€™t talk about politics at all on this site but Sophie just separated from Justin Trudeau and the comments all over social media are hilarious. Awwww poor guy.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s really sad. Itā€™s hard enough separating but to have to do it so publicly is brutal.

2 Likes

Walking through walls training system US20060014125A1 - Walking through walls training system - Google Patents

This invention is a training system which enables a human being to acquire sufficient hyperspace energy in order to pull the body out of dimension so that the person can walk through solid objects such as wooden doors.

It was alledgely used by the US military

5 Likes

Those fuckers stole my idea!

4 Likes

Was this the men who stare at goats?

2 Likes

I love looking through patents haha
Some weird stuff out there.

1 Like