The Canadian Contingent (Part 2)

How about those Blue Jays my friends? Going for the shweeeeeep :broom:

You upper Canadiens gonna be getting deals soon

4 Likes

Ridiculous.

It’ll all go to the LPs

And then at the end of the article it says retail prices are likely to go up.

If I bought from them I’d be pissed.

3 Likes

Makes no difference, their weed is bunk :joy:

4 Likes

“We can’t be selling ounces for $50 just to compete with the illicit market,”

Meanwhile canopy manages “$2.6 billion in losses in less than a year.”

Selling pot is not even difficult. How can these corporations be so bad at it?

6 Likes

Perhaps they don’t know the meaning of the word compete.

I never lost money selling weed.

4 Likes

People are growing better weed at home than what the dispensaries are selling. But the weed you are growing at home can’t be taxed.
I wonder what will happen next? :thinking:

2 Likes

it mentions the retailers may decide how to use the reduced % - most likely to make up for they’re “loses”…losses… or projected earnings

1 Like

It has been 5 years since weed went legal. The ‘black market’ share has dropped from 100% to an estimated 33%, so the government has made ‘progress’.
…or more likely, they have picked all of the ‘low hanging fruit’.
I suspect efforts to drive it much lower are going to be an epic uphill battle as some small growers will always look at it as supplementary income. To the government, it is a loss of tax money…

To wildly paraphrase Matt Taibbi:
The government is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of the population, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.”

Cheers
G

10 Likes

I doubt its the same number
in non legal province

and curiously we have more
fentanil then ever here.

Bare

6 Likes

I’m very curious about the maths on that.

“We asked 100 people where they got their weed”
“70% said its legit”

The headlines

:laughing::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

And 100 people said mind your fucking business :joy:

6 Likes

A friend opened for a comedian for a while so before the show we’d do a vox pop and interview people before they entered the room, you’d be surprised (or not😆) to know how most people casually answer embarrassing or incriminating questions.

3 Likes

People are very honest and open until they get their guard up.

There’s an old poker trick which is to ask someone if they’d like a tea before the game starts. That way you get an honest assessment of their reactions before they put their game face on.

6 Likes

“Would you like some tea?”

“Yes”

“Hahahahaha! You fool!”

3 Likes

Very true. Still don’t know how they came to that 33% number.

Back when the gov first issued licenses in 1999 my cousins were laughing their asses off because the same guys with warehouses the news claimed were destroying the youth were now pharmacien horticulteurs

5 Likes

It is a remarkably valuable piece of information that has both made and saved me money.

3 Likes

I imagine you have to be observant and such, so it wouldn’t work for me! I’m shit at poker no matter how much tea I give out :rofl:

3 Likes

Mostly it’s about identifying the type of player you are. Some people aren’t capable of moves. Some people are capable of doing anything at any time.

Traditional “tells” are important too, but less so.

I can tell this by how many hands you play and use this against you.

3 Likes

Definitely a lot of skill to it, it’s no accident it’s always the same 30 or so guys at the final tables in the big tournaments. I’m just not observant enough for reading people. I go for a wild card approach and hope for the best (lose spectacularly) :grin:

3 Likes