The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

I hate Canadian sites wanting US currency I didn’t see a spot to change it on there site.

6 Likes

ya always annoys me also there is a way i just forget haha

2 Likes

Toronto. I’ve seen this place too. I’m trying to find 5-6 Rockstar beans in hopes of making reg seeds; or if all fem then s1 via sts

1 Like

ahh ok i have a bad memory lol. wonder if you can get clones shipped instead

1 Like

Freaking beautiful day to find out all your outdoor ladies are having a great time with it!

Hoping all y’alls grows are going peach with all the weather fuckery. This years been a freaking ride, but so far i’m still holding onto the bronco and haven’t tasted piss-sand yet! :fist: :heart: :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Aw things have been ok here in Alberta. We have got a few minor frosts already which is not normal. My outdoor plant that is still out there seems to be holding up alright for now. I could definitely use a couple more weeks… she is really putting on weight now.

15 Likes

Out of likes: :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

ive been heavily considering to move to alberta, i assumed i wouldnt be able to do outdoor anymore, seeing yours is very promising, do you mind me asking if your in north or south alberta @TopicalWave.

5 Likes

Northern Alberta, Edmonton area. So you have a couple options at this latitude IMO.

1. Early finishing photosensitive photoperiod strains that start flowering before 12/12 are an option… stuff that has been bred for high latitude growing like Erdpurt, some Nepalese stuff, a few heirloom Alberta strains.

2. Automatics… I have heard you can get two harvests of auto’s over the course of the season but only one here.

3. Everything else. You can make pretty much anything work if you are willing to put in some work. The plant I am growing now is an 11-12 week sativa that I started doing light dep in the first week of July. Seems like it has few weeks still but I am optimistic. We had goodish weather here until the 2nd week of November last year (that is unusual though.) There is a guy on IC Mag called YukonChronic that light deps sativas in his wood heated shed with snow on the ground. Anything is possible.

12 Likes

Wow, that was a long read. Started just skimming. Manitoba here.

7 Likes

thanks for the great reply, thats actually the area ive been looking at moving too, thanks for the great information.

2 Likes

I lived in Alberta when I was a kid. I sure remember winter there! :cold_face:

7 Likes

Went to Calgary in the spring and I asked about all the indoor bridges connecting the high rises downtown and my local friend made me laugh really hard:

“Millionaire White Men in Suits do not like the cold while they are making their millions. The bridges are there to represent that they are better than us… or at least that how they act while using them.”

:laughing:

10 Likes

We used to have them in Toronto too. Now it’s the underground PATH

5 Likes

I remember this! Maybe if they built them in the new condo’s on the waterfront the buildings would start supporting themselves.

Anyone I care about gets the warnings: “Welcome to Toronto, BUY OLD BUILDS or else!”

1 Like

There is a trade off. Old builds tend to have more square footage but as they age they require more repairs so the maintenance fees are mental.

1 Like

Yes. But you will have running water. (usually).

I’m in a house built in 1967. Life is interesting when you are OCD/ADHD and keep up with maintaining the old place :laughing:

3 Likes

I Reno’d A place built in 1908. What a mess. Renovated by 3 generations of idiots (4 if you count me :joy:)

6 Likes

All of downtown Winnipeg is connected that way and when it’s -40 and blowing wind it’s worth taking a longer route to stay out of the cold.

6 Likes

My brother used to live in an old building and they needed to spend 5 million to renovate the crumbling underground parking. The special assessment fees per unit were INSANE!

1 Like