The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Are you talking to me? :smiley: sorry if not, i suppose im to high haha In my opinion, yes, she is a great 100% sativa. When I selected this plant, she was seeded, so I couldn’t really see her potential, but I really like what I’m seeing. I like it so much that I’m going to do s1 and some hybrids with lilly, ohaze, Guerrero and panama74.

5 Likes

People have died looking for unique orchids in the Darien Gap. As remote and isolated as it is, there are a lot of unique organisms there.

4 Likes

I’m really amazed by the growth rate
Oxacana upstate

It appears that 4 are the same phenom which has faster bud development rate ! the one in the 3 gallon fabric bag
Is a bit slower and is showing a difference in bud development

Here’s some pics
I different one in the 3 gal fabric bags

23 Likes

Ye couple of English guys were kidnapped there…looking for rare orchids….bit like looking for landraces. LOL

4 Likes

Yessir. Nice looking budset. I agree, sure looks Sativa. Any brothers or sisters look like Indicas? If this is a pure Sativa it would be amongst the most Northerly Western Hemisphere Sativas in existence. Perhaps it will lift Lilly out of her inbred depression. I had heard good things about it until recently. I’m sure it will pair well with the other Sattie strains too. Any plans to make pure regular seed along with s1’s?
I’m very curious to see the final flowering time with this one. Keep the updates coming😁

4 Likes

Very nice! I Am Growing Seeds from the longer flowering selections I made and it’s about 90% tall stretchy plants. Glad to hear the short flowering selections are also dominated by the shorter faster flowering plants. Another couple Generations I should have them separated for people that only want to grow one or the other.

5 Likes

I have found Old Silversides twin😁 Maybe even a step up!? I Smoked a bowl of Calyxes 3 hours ago and I’m still ready for more work, though if i had a bit left I’d be taking another couple tokes now. Ridiculous resin on this gal.

33 Likes

Geez those are big! :eyes:

4 Likes

Looks like fruity pebbles

5 Likes

They are big and dry when photgraphed. Freaked me out the first time I noticed them swell. Thought they got pollinated somehow. Didn’t take many at all to fill a bowl. That pile barely fit. Great smoke and only in mid flower.
@SkunkHunt101 Fruity Nuggles😁

9 Likes

All 9 females and 6 males were fully sativa looking. Plants very similar to each other, in appearance and behavior. Being a line taken from its habitat 32 years ago, it behaves as IBL / heirloom. The female that I keep(cc#10, fastiated) has half the leaves quantity of her sisters and a little more resin, the effect and terpenes, like her sisters.
Until now that I read you, I had not realized that she is a very northern sativa… thanks for sharing it!
For now I’m going to do s1 (I want to find the version of my clone that behaves best in crosses) and hybrids (to see what it brings to each of them) Im also curious about the flowering time, first time sinse, it goes a little slower than the CBD 30:1 plants, but much faster than the doors, ssh8 and ssh4.

7 Likes

Oaxacan wheat pheno…

21 Likes

Good day Central American afficionados.

They’re still babies but here’s a look.

Bahia landrace. A bit stretchy already.

Everyday Haze. Looking good

Cheers

20 Likes

Red Snake F2

The Earth starts to rumble…

19 Likes

Real good to see someone else having a go at the Bahia…
Good luck Amigo

Regards

P J

5 Likes

Thanks. I only have 1 and I hope it’s male so I can make some seed.

5 Likes

Colombian Gold

Getting ready for a long timer…15 days

Thanks again @Old-Ron

Regards

P J

15 Likes

Ye it does stretch …and all the growth and action is on the top third.

If I was growing again I wouldn’t have nipped at node two…probably node four…see if it would grow more bushy…but then again I don’t know how much headroom you have.

Bueno Suerte

6 Likes

A 6’ tent does have its limitations.

Can you tell me how long yours went?

3 Likes

I vegged for six weeks under lights…then flipped…and put it in the greenhouse .

Here’s a pic of it last week , ten weeks from the flip…I’m sure she will be a good few weeks yet, and in saying that we are in the rainy season just now and pretty high humidity …but as I said in the last post she is handling it no problem.![

Regards

P J

image|666x500](upload://w2eviWd4HtDILa1ykVpZgdEi7rj.jpeg)

17 Likes