The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

I have a hat that has been around the world that I have never washed that has a smear of red west Texas mud I’m very proud of :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve eaten lbs of dirt that color in my life. :joy: Bet I would enjoy this more!

3 Likes

The fast pheno of @Upstate ’s OST (Old Silver Thai) six weeks in the jar.

HUBBA HUBBA

This is a case where time in cure shows itself. After two weeks of hanging and two weeks in the jar this was spicyish sweet dough smelling, smoked smooth and had that Thai weirdness. A month later those bound water molecules have moved on and it has turned a corner and HOLY SHIT. More Thai funkiness* AND racy. You have to sip it like good bourbon though, it’s dense smoke. I gotta go dig a ditch folks.

The plant

They say drunkposting is generally a bad look but I don’t mind saying I’m effing gorked.

*funkiness as in Funkentelechy, George would dig it. Straighten Sir Nose right out.

26 Likes

I love this strain too, this batch are home made seeds, the original 15 come from a private breeder, but my good friend @Elchischas could tell as more about this seeds / breeder

3 Likes

Damn buddy! I’m making more seeds shortly. This round will be Huixtepec/Thai. Same Thai plant. Making a good amount of originals too. Thanks for the smoke report. I see why you want to try the f2’s😁

10 Likes

Some coming your way shortly!

4 Likes

This has been my experience also. I let the purple stems go weeks longer than when they were at their raciest to finish the seed but still no amber. I look for uniformly cloudy.

7 Likes

Bless your heart @Upstate, literally, not the Southern expression. :joy:

So I just cleaned my shop and garage, welded about 5’ mostly stick (dc) and a little tig. After the cleaning and settling down with the stick I thought I was gold but the Thai lets (makes?) your mind wander and I wasted a cheap tig electrode. Go figure. :joy:

At risk of the inebriated punch bowl turd “I love you man” I still feel a level of gratitude that needs to be expressed publicly.

This thread was an inviting rabbit hole for me at first but I realized yesterday I haven’t posted anywhere else since…February? I was reticent, not sure I could finish any of these indoors. To say I was tired of bubble gum weed is too kind. The Oaxaca you passed on to me fulfilled what I thought was a fantasy and have since discovered is REALITY and the hole is now a mine. This is the OG ethos that resonates with me. Thank you sir. And thank you Cryptic Labs for the work that went into that, it was a lot no doubt.

Trusting me with testers was a compliment I won’t forget and hot damn was it worth it!

I live in Michigan and there are countless wannabes running around with dense sparkling purple pap, gorgeous meh. If I wanted to snort demerol I’d just drink. :joy: My neighbor is a young man, dispensary weed is all he has ever known. I walked his body to his door a few minutes ago as he was in two planes simultaneously.

22 Likes

Destroyer chi, Destroyer*Chihuahua barrancas del cobre / copper canyon, feminized seed. 62.5% mexican hybrid… ??

Guerrero

20 Likes

:love_you_gesture: ha. This made me laugh. Not the Michigan part :shushing_face:

5 Likes

Ye …I agree 100%

This thread has broaden my growing horizons, and I’ve learned so much …with @Upstate and others help…it’s a great thread.

The rabbit hole …say no more. Your experience seems a bit like Alice’s. Wonder what she was on LOL

Alice gets very curious and follows him down his rabbit-hole. The rabbit-hole suddenly goes straight down and Alice falls into it . She falls very slowly and while she is talking to herself she falls asleep. Suddenly she lands on a heap of sticks and dry leaves and the fall is over.

Happy growing

6 Likes

The Bahia landrace.

Much …better,must have just been the Transplant shock.

16 Likes

My three amigos:

Pre-flowers are looking a lot like boys. I’m going to top them and make clones, flower and confirm. If they’re boys, i’d be happy to send out fresh cuts should someone want a few. I am sure they’ll branch out like crazy once I top them.
PS. Same goes if they’re girls. :grinning:

14 Likes

I’m proud to be a old schooler of the 70.s Panama Red. Colombian Herbs n Spice such things are the fruit of labor to good e stones like Uzs states tobe legal one day PS Love to Start tropical plants outdoor ,at you command very good peoples and I roud tobe american ,Fire Me up. And so
Mokd me when I’m Gone ,Thank God ,Bless you all ,from florid…

2 Likes

Sounds good PineTarBastard ,My three Amigos ,if you please ,thank You Much…Calman…

Not my greatest picture, but here’s a comparison of AG (left) vs. Oaxacan :no_mouth:

30 Likes

Damn that’s fine looking, that Puebla Red Hair looks like something I smoked back in the 70s. Including the seeds, how we used to just clean them out and throw them out the window. Pure gold now.

6 Likes

Plant in the middle is a tall stretchy one similar to a plant I had. (Uneven branching but great high.)
Any ladies to go with them?
@lambchopedd looking great! Frosty one!

8 Likes

I am afraid not. I have a LOT going on at the moment and due to space constraints, I only started three. I was doing calendar math last night and i don’t think i have enough time to start new ones, take them to maturity, clone them and flower them outside by early July. I am open to suggestions/ideas. I am also open to receiving cuts/clones from generous members :wink:

3 Likes

Get a close-up of those nodes near the top of the plants. They can’t all be male.

4 Likes