The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

X post from @Upstate

https://overgrow.com/t/santa-marta-colombian-gold-kobys-organics-group-buy/121535/985?u=panamajock

Volunteers …for some Mexican strains.IMG_3600

7 Likes

A year old but a good insight to weed in Chiapas
…I keep getting drawn to that triangle of Chiapas. Bordering Guatemala, and Honduras…need to visit someday.

There was a farmers market set up where different cannabis entrepreneurs sold and traded their proprietary strains with names like Pan de Muerto (Bread of Death) and Especial Uno (Special One).

https://globalcannabistimes.com/mexicos-chiapas-state-hosts-first-cannabis-cup-dubbed-humo-en-la-montana/#:~:text=Though%20cannabis%20was%20made%20federally,in%20a%20legally%20ambiguous%20limbo.

P J

Good read…hope they have a great future and have more cannabis cups.

7 Likes

I put this Pearl Stem on 12s too early and have decided that it’s not going to yield much because of how large it was at flip and how I trained it previously. I still have clones and will run it again.

But look at this! Outside in February for three days at 7200 feet elevation. It’s still freezing at night and she’s doing fine. :cold_face:

20 Likes

Wow, stellar group there…are these all legit strains do you think?

2 Likes

Ye @upstate has the swoop on them.

If you click on the link on my post it should take you there.just above the pics of the seed packs

Ye some are hybrids…get in touch with our dear leader for all the gen.

P J

2 Likes

@YoBigdaddy

YBD,S Nanan Bouclou latest.

19 days from the flip.

Two females out of the five plants…I’ve got rid of the males as I’m growing for stash weed. Happy with that, sound plants …doing their own thing.
Lovely rustic colour……going to be nice plants.

Happy growing

P J

19 days from the flip

18 Likes

Them things look beautiful, happy and healthy can’t ask for much more than that. How big are those pots? I really like that side branching this would be a good one for the old sea of green, scrog technique. Although it looks like the one on the right is getting ready to take off. Love the pictures keep them coming

6 Likes

There in 30 gallon pots …the smaller one in the pic was re potted this morning ( same size now lol…and ye there is a footprint of 2 inches circumference and three deep in the new pot…the roots were healthy and I gave them a wee root feed.

We got some great sun just now …and ye there going great.

Be nice to see some more of guys growing these…and posting, Spring in some places so we might see some more action soon.

P J

11 Likes

The links are not working for me.

3 Likes

I ~think~ you mean 3 gallon pots. (?)

4 Likes

Oaxacan 79 x Malawi Gold from a Spanish grower. Still drying but already rocket fuel.

Oaxacan 79 x Kali China, from Dubi. Terps are fruity and plant was a deep purple from low basement temps. Floral sweet aromas on your fingers after breaking up a bud, very perfumery as it fades

25 Likes

A momentary lapse in time… LoL

They are 30 inches x 30 inches = Gallons I don’t know?

I calculated online

30 inch pot (76 cm) = 30 gallon (114L) = 4.6 cu. ft.

Big enough

Thanks
P j

P J

3 Likes

If your interested contact @Upstate

Ye folks have said the link don’t work …sorry

Good luck

3 Likes

That is a Thai seed seller, isn’t it? Wonder if it is legal to sell now?

2 Likes

Don’t really know amigo.

I am sure upstate will be posting on the thread with more info…as there are a few folks interested.

But you need to commit to certain conditions…as I’m sure you understand folks just don’t give out freebies on this thread,a lot of work here is in preserving.

Stay tuned.if your interested …good luck

5 Likes

My dance card for this spring is already full. I was just curious about the seller.

2 Likes

You don’t think so? :thinking: it would be all about flowering onset time. You must have till halloween don’t you? Someone must have grown this outdoors in the states to give an idea of when flowering starts. I’m looking at those nice long buds, and I think I’d probably be harvesting the end and top buds and leaving lower the branches/ leaves/ a few buds behind to give this one another shot outdoors. That one looks pretty awesome.
She’d be fast round 2. Nice plant.
I checked one of the forums and flowering time for the fastest plants was as fast as eight weeks and nine or ten weeks typically for the fast phenos. One guy that didn’t give his location Said november outdoors for harvest. I bet it would finish for you before halloween at your latitude.

6 Likes

Sorry everyone, I kept answering messages the last couple days and never got to the thread. The seeds I have that were pictured above are from Pantagruelion seeds. I got them from Thailand from his friend and from him directly. I grew three different ones this winter. The Purple Chiapas, the Traditional Oaxaca, and Guadalajara. The chiapas end up being a pakistani landrace imo.
The Traditional Oaxaca I only got males, and the very tight flower heads and limited stretch said hybrid, so I let them go the way of Chiapas.
The Guadalajara however, Was the one that sounded most interesting to me. He said when he smoked it that it felt like he was walking on pillows afterwards. This one is looking like a pure sativa to my eye. Only one female, but 4 males too.

This one has been flowering a few weeks now. It’s branchy because this is the one I decapitated as a sprout, So it grew without a tap root, more like a clone, which I guess it technically is. :thinking:
So I have these other strains I picked up. You all know my love of Oaxaca…so I grabbed anything he had left that was from there. I’m an impatient man when it comes to this particular landrace, and I want to see what these seeds hold inside them. To speed the process up, I’m willing to share to people willing to make some seeds, should these end up being pure. If they are determined to be hybrids, Unless they are super killer(in which case I might ask for a bud to be pollinated) they would be headstash for you. Going by my average, two of these six are possibly pure. 4 are probably hybrids.
I’ll take on the heirloom mexi red hair if 2 others take a chance with me and choose a different one. You have as good a chance as I do getting a pure one. I really know nothing about any of these except that the locals know Pantagruelion prefers the old strains.
As far as seed numbers… I’m thinking pollinate the lower 4 branches…if you do no pruning. The nubby ones. The little branches before the main bottom branches form. So not many seeds. Enough to pass around.to some people in the thread here and to give me a few back too. A couple/ few hundred total maybe. Hopefully after passing seeds around we can get someone to do a full on seed run, if we find something pure. :pray: That would be my intention with the red hair. Sex the males and put them back on a long light cycle To see what the females do. Then either flower them or toss them, depending on purity…And if it’s pure do a seed run.

22 Likes

have we decided the cryptic oaxacan is pure sativa? I have 8 sprouted right now and they are only 2 weeks old but they are already pretty narrow leafed. fwiw.

8 Likes

It is
I talked my self with mystic Funk
I sent him a rare old Chiapas Strain seeds
Was very poor storage seeds but he sucessfully back to life this Strain
Haven’t heard about him for a long time

14 Likes