The Cheap and Efficent LED Lighting Thread

Yea. I couldn’t find them, so I posted the “specs”. Not exactly sure what other specs for them you’d be looking for though.

What I mean about the versatility, basically. Is lets say I get three XLG-240-M, and run two qb288 each driver, in series. I want to be able to switch the qb288 out for qb648 and have the same series setup run those boards. Knowing that the voltage of the qb648 is 56v not 54v.

1 Like

Can you say me which discount? Here in europe the cheepest way is from there ware house here for like 510€ ≈550$.
These lights here are expensive

1 Like

@Nitt @Mr.Sparkle

1 Like

Well the specs listed around is a max of 56+ish like when the board will pop and thats running full amperagewhich is listed at around 5amps, you’ll be under that 56v anyways and likely in the 48-52v range as your gonna be in array and amperage limited, as with all strips, boards or straight chips the less current that is required also means less voltage need to drive them.

The XLg-240-h’s should suit those boards fine especially when running two off a single driver both the 288’s and 648’s, and to note the voltage range for the 240-h is up to 27-56v, like say even if you were runnign 5A off one board easy math would say a 240w max output with 5A max current for the boards would be 48v 240w/5a=48v

Now a thing with the XLG drivers you don’t want to overdrive them as they cant handle it unlike the older HLG drivers, so tuen them to output that 240w

3 Likes

:+1: pretty much backs up what i was saying

3 Likes

2 Likes

I didn’t post that because I didn’t think it gave any (useful) details I didn’t give, and it stops at 49.86V.

I don’t think so. I’ve run the qb648 up to 57V or maybe even 58V before - can’t remember, but whatever the max output with an hlg-320h-54a with Vo turned up all the way was. It was more than 56V.

…I don’t know man. The FV of the qb648 is 56V man. They don’t even turn on below that. So this doesn’t make sense to me. An hlg-320h-54ab will not power them. I know from experience.

Again, I don’t think that’s how these xlgs work - or I guess I mean to say if that’s how they worked, they wouldn’t power the qb648, because it requires 56V.

It’s constant power, so it’s always going to equal 240w, right?..

1 Like

Thanks. I just found it on my hard drive, saved.

Edit: So, the “H” model and parallel was recommended by HLgroup; Brock is the man. If I’m able to afford some soon, I’ll likely go that route.

I have some HLG-320H-54AB for sale if anyone wants. Two with light use, one BNIB.

Thanks for your help guys.

3 Likes

What I was saying the whole time :person_facepalming:whatever …

5 Likes

Could this be anything to have? 800w for 299 or is it just bs :saluting_face::melting_face:

“3300PCS San’An white chips” the diodes are thrash.

Check oit Kingbriteor even cheaper meiju and redfarm on Alibaba.

1 Like

medicgrow has been know to make decent lights as for the chips they use like Villager mentioned the Sanan chips are bit hard to find spec sheets on and exact specifics on what medicgrow is using too.

They are cheap chips we will just say but from what i can find they are possibly in the 150-160ish lm/w range which is where say the older LM281b’s are

So budget light, grows weed ??? yeah id say so and up to you how good, will it be growing efficiently no but after what point does said light pay for itself “pretty quick” and maybe last for couple years… its an option

4 Likes

I’m not buying it just went a little bit aha :thinking: why 800w and why so cheap !!

1 Like

Yeah just cheap build and lower efficiency also noticed they mention 0-10v dimming but no dimming control is provided and they say you need a controller to control it which their controllers start at $200 where as there other lights have dimmers and timers integrated typically,

but like most things its interesting to see the cost difference between the more barebone stuff that may be say 15-20% less efficient or say that usual big price jump between that last 5-10%

3 Likes

Just daisy chained 6 cheap 4 ft 47$ led warm daylight bulbs and put 3 blue and red Cheapo 2 ft wally world grow led bars attached to my hillbilly deluxe model frame limited edition let me slap an overgrow sticker on her and i must say for 67 bucks this thing is so bright it makes my camera proximity sensor dim down.no shadows even light all the way to the bottom of the plants feels about 4 degreeywarmer too.Lets see what happens

8 Likes

Meanwhile viparspectra.eu disappeared from the interweb and their ebay dealer has gone dry.

Mars hydro is practicing insane prices ripping off EU growers pockets because of “transportation cost”.

If things do not evolve, maybe DIY will become an interesting option again for EU growers, or we need other players in this industry.

Sorry for the rant, I’m pissed off :smiley:

7 Likes

So apparently viparspectra EU changed its address. It’s now at https://viparspectra-eu.com/ That is if you want a KS5000, that’s the only one in stock… Prices are 2x the ones in the US (at least for XS1500 pro that isn’t even in stock).

According to their support, this website “rarely has discount activities” and if you want some better watch their DE ebay account, which is dry and expensive too. Still on the hunt…

Maybe we’ll have to start smuggling lights from US lol

2 Likes

I heard you get with the vet discount for 369$ the fce8000 from mars hydro…
Only a little bit to big for the normal Hand luggage smuggling.

2 Likes

Scope out Kingbrite solid price including shipping. I measured them out with my Apogee meter and it all checked out.

Edit: Fixed link

120W QB Board $120.91 shipped $1.007 per watt

150W $169.86 shipped $1.13 per watt

240W QB $174.94 Shipped .72 per watt

320W QB for $235.46 shipped .73 per watt

240W Bar $210.96 Shipped .879 per watt

320W Bar $268 Shipped .837 per watt

480W Bar $435.11 Shipped .90 per watt

600W Bar $456.28 Shipped .76 per watt

800W Bar $540.92 Shipped .676 per watt

1000W Bar $570.7 Shipped .57 per watt

6 Likes

Well, thank you for the sound advice. Spend a bit of time looking at it. They’re not extra cheap as with discount codes and the likes, but without any good deals with mainstream vendors in the coming future, I probably won’t be able to get better.

Have the choice between a kingbrite 150W or a mars hydro TS1000 (for ten more bucks though), think I’ll go with the kingbrite. Maybe not as fancy, but better driver and leds. And nowadays mars hydro “fancy” seems to resolve around ways to rip us off, no thank you.

4 Likes