The Chocolate Factory 🍫

If they’re really stubborn and don’t want to open I go kung fu :martial_arts_uniform: on the shell and crack it (ever so gently, lol) with some needle-nose pliers :clamp: I don’t recommend it often, but sometimes you gotta show those seeds who’s boss. They get their revenge in the end though, when you smoke it and all of a sudden it hits you to the back of your cerebellum like :hammer:

6 Likes

I did this with the first pack, after they didn’t pop. :boom:

1 Like

Thank you for this!! Never thought or heard of using potassium Nitrate.

2 Likes

Yes, definitely hit or miss with that technique.

Sucks that you’re not having the best germ rates, I use the cotton pad method at 72 degrees and get 100% but with older seeds, especially pale ones, it’s a roll of the dice.

3 Likes

Chocolope (pack #2): 36 hour soak, shell crack, then 4.5 days in the paper towel. We have tails!! :partying_face:

Only 2 looking good. One is poking out, but not looking the best. The other 2 look like they wanted to poke out, then dudded off.

The first batch of Chocolope is mutated. Hoping they recover and start growing normal.

The Chocolate Chunk is gonna be a nice group. :ok_hand:t3:

15 Likes

Nice, I almost pulled the trigger on that Chocolate diesel S1 (from reversed clone only)from Useful seeds, on sale $51 JBC, Decided to hold off on chocolate pursuit right now, plus I’m currently enjoying the harvest from a second run of High Octane OG x Chocolate diesel x Chocolate thai x Chocolate Strawberries: True Chocolate i(s what the pollen chucker (unnamed)I got it from called it: yes I intentionally didn’t call him a breeder, I’m learning the diff, no shade just truth).

3 Likes

I talked with Useful about his gear. He offered to sell me a cut of it, but his Chocolate Diesel leans more to the diesel side, from my understanding (and it wasn’t cheap). Katsu just lost his Chocolate Diesel (GG4 cut). That’s why I scooped up his Chocolate Lava Cake. It was the last cross he made with it.

5 Likes

Update on the Chocolope & Chocolate Chunk :chocolate_bar:

Chocolope :confused:

Chocolate Chunk :muscle:t3:

Transplanting, today. :chocolate_bar::seedling::chocolate_bar:

15 Likes

The are very nice looking

2 Likes

I just found this thread - any updates? Definitely want to follow along with this!

1 Like

Brutal to see that happen with the Chocolope. Great smoke. Looks like a fun hunt you’ve got ahead of yourself. Best of luck finding that chocolate note you’re looking for!

1 Like

Don’t give up on the Chocolope, I’ve had worse and it turned out wonderfully well.

1 Like

Hey! Everything is still on track. I’ve got them all outside. I didn’t get anything out of the second pack of Chocolope & I’m still hanging onto the third pack, but the two seedlings from the first pack have out grown their mutations, and are looking well. A little small, but they’ll make it! The Chocolate Chunk has a lot of vigor, and I have eleven of them in the ground. I’m letting the Chocolope hang in the 1 gal grow bags for a couple more days, before putting them in the dirt. I’ll try to snap some pics, when I get a chance.

10 Likes

I was able to snag some Chocolope F2s! I’m hoping to find a heavy chocolate leaning pheno. A cocoa male would be awesome! :fire::chocolate_bar:

16 Likes

Man, you got me craving some chocolate smoke…

Nice packs!! Hope you find a super heavy chocolate pheno too! :grin:

Need me some chocolate/coffee tasting weed soon. Might have to rethink my winter projects :thinking: :laughing:

2 Likes

I have a couple Koffee F6 by PacificNWRoots, growing outdoors, along side the chocolate. :coffee::chocolate_bar:

10 Likes

Who bred these? Nice to run some f2’s for some variability, good luck mate.

I just smoked the last of my Chocolope last night:( But running her again :chocolate_bar:

3 Likes

Had an eighth of that once that was really really good. Hope you get some of that, because that had a really nice smell and taste. It’ll be fun to watch the journey.

3 Likes

The Chocolope F2s were made by Budzalicious.

6 Likes

Here’s a pic of the Chocolopes & Chocolate Chunk. I put them out a couple nights early, and they took come cold damage. Theyre bouncing back, nicely.

18 Likes