The dirty secret of California’s legal weed

jeeze… no wonder dispo weed was always making me cough. Truly monstrous behavior. Shame on the growers, shame on the labs, shame on the regulators, shame on the law makers. A plant with all this potential, reduced to a mule for some jackasses to chase a dollar at the cost of strangers’ health.

14 Likes

Exceeeept… no outdoor in most of the state… since county/city can outright ban everything except medical indoor, the only thing protected/carried over from prop 215.

My county says only 9 indoor in a 5x5, and the state supreme court [sic] holds that landlords do not have to allow it, so renters are fucked.

Back to 1989 is what I’ve been saying/fearing… not trying to make it true.

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Seems like all the stuff I was reading about Oakland having 20 outdoor plants and Berkeley having ten is now outdated and the state law of 6 trumps everything unless you get permits and licenses for business and medical license with doctor recommendation of more plants for medical.

4 Likes

If article is paywalled

and the tabled results

^^ thanks again to JadeNectar for putting together the tables.

14 Likes

Wait until they start testing for Prop 65 terps in all that toxic overphosphorylated crap. The benzenes, the acrylates, the vinyls, the cyclohexanes. AKA west coast fentanyl dealer side hustle “gas”.

“Gas means tennis ball flavor” - Cali weed bro drug dealers and their cult of lifestyle image followers.

“Gas means sour candy flavor” - Everyone else.

I can’t smoke anything anyone grows out west, pesticides/mold or not. It’s all toxic and people call it “gas”.

2 Likes

Omg. This is what is in the dispensary!!
What are they shipping out of state?

3 Likes

That’s the black market stuff. C l o u d Sesh etc etc

2 Likes

The dispensary stuff is testing clean? I had a different understanding reading it.

1 Like

I’m talking about the stuff that is shipped out of here. It is really easy to just buy packaging and bootleg stuff. I knew some buddies doing it in the midwest a few years ago. Bought all the packaging on Amazon. Looked legit. A bunch of telegrams that sell the carts in packaging by the case also.

The sesh’s are underground farmers markets for cannabis within california.

There are dispensaries selling stuff out the back door too if rumors are correct. So that goes different places also now. At less than 1$ a gram, there isn’t much room for profit here but if they can just slip off a few hundred lb’s to some other restricted state, then they’re making bank.

The framework is good if it actually was done like it says on paper. There isn’t much regulation and with the amount of corruption here, I wouldn’t imagine much better anytime soon.

Sounds great on paper though… California, the progressive state.

4 Likes

The article is about dispensaries products though

Always assumed the black market cali packs were to dirty for dispensaries sales

3 Likes

I know it is but you asked about what was being shipped out of state. They can’t legally sell products within CA out of state.

3 Likes

Not finished yet to read but even with the necessary backward (legit sensationalism), the disclosed stuff is quite … i don’t know i’m speechless. My concern is more about the customers, how the hell they can smoke and vape this. I mean … we are far from the random overfert bud with bad combustion. It’s far beyond.

4 Likes

I’ve said this before but as much as I hate the thought of regulation, there needs to be regulatory body testing for pesticides, pgr’s, terps and all the other shit that can destroy lungs. Can’t pass, can’t be in business.

4 Likes

The #1 brand in cali had the worst stuff. Imagine all the people.

2 Likes

Let me take it bluntly, to try to understand how it feel on site.
In a certain way : “We insure and prove that we don’t kill you slowly”, is the “new” high tier.

4 Likes

Based on the comment in my first post and reviewing this again…I just realized that the number next to the pesticide is the amount of times it is over the recommended limit.

I see 100-500x on here a lot.

488x

Still had these sitting around

8 Likes

I read through that list, one of the carts tested positive for Bifenthrin.
That’s scary, that is hardcore…for ants & termites…guaranteed to ‘fix’ your spider mite troubles.
People are going to demand more government testing once this info becomes common knowledge.

4 Likes

This thread is freaking me out. I had no idea. I guess a lot of this stuff is a result of highly industrialized farming. You’ve given me another reason to grow my own!

8 Likes

Out of curiosity, how many reasons are you up to? lol

9 Likes

Let’s see…

1. Costs
  2. Quality
  3. Availability
  4. Now pesticides!!
11 Likes