The dumbest growing advice you've ever heard? [misinformation inside]

The organic vs. Synthetic argument… I think it’s growers knowledge of the techniques he is using that determines the difference. Done correctly I’ve seen little to no difference in quality, maybe quantity…

9 Likes

Adds character same with pet hair

4 Likes

I have to agree with you, that it is easier to grow good organic bud. But I think when it comes to scale, hydroponics favors larger grows. Running 20 gallon no-till pots with long vegetative times isn’t practical on a commercial scale.

More and more Americans are voting with their dollars and choosing organic fruits and vegetables. Mainly because they view organic as “not sprayed with pesticides”. Which is probably no more true than saying hydroponics are…

Really it comes down to a preference and what the gardener prefers. I grow for me, small (micro even) scale. For me, I get better results using organic inputs than chemical or hydroponics methods.

12 Likes

6 Likes

It is complicated if, but it is necessary to separate the humid tropics, and the tropics very humid, in my case it is the second, and hybrid varieties more indica or indicas are cut to 1 month of flora or average month according to the genetic load of each strain , because the fungus starts to seem without even raining, what is certain is that these plants mature faster because of the conditions, so not cutting before it means that they are green, because that, the plants do not throw in quantity but if they are good you will have quality, and even different terpenes in same clones developed in interiors and exteriors. the most powerful plants that I have tried are from outdoor crops.

3 Likes

I’m sure if you’ve grown & posted your grows long enough you’ve been told by some "expert " you’re adding the latest , greatest & usually expensive snake oil when in fact this person don’t in fact have a grow of their own & their just sweeping through the forums picking anything that don’t look textbook grow or worse yet show you a pic that has been photoshopped & you’ve seen it posted in an advertising ad somewhere you get all kinds & you can usually spot them

2 Likes

Sorry to interrupt guys, but this is friendly reminder that this is English forum. You can only post in Spanish in #international section.
I don’t want any member to feel left out when you follow up on discussion in Spanish.

14 Likes

There was that genius grower who said that if you cannot wait for the flowering process and you have that White Widow strain that he had, that you can just cut and smoke the leaves of the plant and you will get high just like he does. He even showed off the pics of his hacked plants that had few small leaves shooting here and there. It was fun

5 Likes

First it was any advice I’d give myself, now it’s almost all the advice I give myself. I look up everything a few times from different sources. Still have a hard time taking my advice.

Probably a deeper seeded issue. :scorpion:

5 Likes

“You’ll find a few different phenos in that one”
Or “pheno hunting”
Phenotype is genotypical response to environment.

“phe·no·type
ˈfēnəˌtīp/Submit
noun BIOLOGY
the set of observable characteristics of an individual resulting from the interaction of its genotype with the environment”.

This means, elevation, soil ph, soil ph fluctuation, air temp, humidity, moon phase, insect predation, light quality, light type and angle, etc. Etc. etc. Will cause the plant to exhibit variation.

An afghani landrace grown in hydro will present entirely different if grown in soil.
Breeders recommended grow method will get you more consistent results because that is the method or environment the breeder used in his or her selection process.
Many of the “polyhybrids” sold in this industry are bupkiss and likely the same plant genetics mistaken as different because of sloppy inconsistent grow medium and method.

If your looking for the perfect skunk, try different light cycles. soils mixes and play with the ph and trace elements before hopping to a different breeder.
You may be surprised to find the standard old school cheapo genetics can kick some serious ass!

16 Likes

So, when everyone says they are “pheno” hunting, they are really “geno” hunting?

1 Like

Yes I believe so.
Its kind of a big deal with legalization coming around. There’s a large horticultural community out there that we all will be joining soon.
We have a lot of knowledge to bring to the table but terminology is a weak spot in the cannabis community.

7 Likes

Wonderful, very important point you bring up there @Morgwar… I smell a new thread idea…

Stay hazed
Jake

4 Likes

that thread was around before my time, but i remember someone dug it up and it was a good read

3 Likes

I am a little old to be retrained but i will try. Ha! Ha!

4 Likes

awesome thread, some great advice in here!

@anon18509750 do you mean watering in cocaine or coca-cola? because i imagine either would be terrible for your plant, and one being terrible for your wallet as well …

@zem @yarddog this person was just elaborately trolling right? there’s no way this person was serious… although i’ve seen some super frosty leaves, it generally only gets like that once bud production is under way … hilarious!!

3 Likes

Naw man, he was for real.

1 Like

You’ve never fed your plants a coca-cola?
I’ll admit it… I have :laughing:
I think they prefer Orange Fanta tho.

6 Likes

Shit as much as I like orange cream flavored anything, I’ve thought about sharing with my plants lol :joy:

3 Likes

Got to cut those clones underwater with a razor blade… or you’ll get a air bubble in your stem… AND LEDs will never grow pot…

13 Likes