The easiest way to start

Figured I’d share what I’ve found easiest so far for starting on a budget without access to a local growshop.

Miracle gro performance organic soil. Unamended for seedlings. (Germinate seeds as instructed in the hundreds of YouTube tutorials) then put them in moist soil, tail down about a half a pinky nail deep and cover lightly with soil do not compact it! Spray with mister several times daily.

Transplant when they’re about the size of the bigger ones on the left

For transplant soil amend with Dr earth homegrown organic tomato vegetable and herb fertilizer at 1.5tbsp per gallon of soil.

Water as needed (this will vary depending on pot size) every other watering mix 1tbsp foxfarm big bloom and 1 tbsp mollases.

Flip to 12/12 when they’re half the height you want.
Top dress with kelp meal and a little more tomato food continue watering with big bloom and mollases until you’re about 2 weeks from harvest then just use water.

As for lighting use the cocoforcannabis.com calculator to figure out what works for your grow space.

For environmental control
Ac, humidifier, dehumidifier
Seedlings 70-90% humidity (use a plastic dome with some air slits occasionally spray it with some water. veg 50-70%, flower. 40-60% I keep my tent between 75°-80°f 24-27°c

Growing is only as complicated as you make it.

16 Likes

Along those lines… Ditch the YT seed starting tutorials, they overcomplicate things.

Try @JohnnyPotseed’s method:

Germinating some seeds - How I do it - Overgrow.com

Simple as mother nature intended :smiley: except the heat mat, lol. but we dont have the sun warming the soil either…

4 Likes