The Lazarus Grow

Well, to be short and exhaustive with that is a madness. But i can throw some hints. It’s not so uncommon, and it take plenty of different forms : twos seedlings from one seeds, one plant with four secondaries per node that suddenly split in twos apex (or not), a fews others variations of both and also the “celery syndrom”.

It’s hard to process at the begin but it come from the ovary of the mother (of seeds). Cannabis females are prone to produce double ovary, and all errors in between. It end with “siameses” that can take surpsing shapes. In your case, you’re in front of a “failed blueprint”. And these mutants are not specifically prone to hermaphrodism.

3 Likes

Today marks the 8th week, and it’s time for the flip! I swapped out the MH for the HPS. I also added another LED, to give me 260w of LED and 400w of HPS. The extra LED isn’t really the greatest, but I wanted to give the canopy as much even lighting as possible.

Everyone is looking good, although the white rhino is a bit crispy because she shot up too close to the MH and I didn’t catch it until after the damage was done. It’s still early enough to allow the plant to recover, so I am not overly concerned about it.

They’re starting to get pretty stanky, too. I haven’t seen any bugs, but I decided to put a few sticky traps in there to catch anything that managed to sneak in.

I keep a bucket for watering with Bti mosquito bites in it constantly, so that every time I water, the soil is getting treated against fungus gnats.

3 Likes

Looking great. I’ve seen expensive setups not do half as good as these look. You’ve certainly got the touch :+1:

1 Like

Aw, thanks. This grow has been an awful long time coming, and I am trying to make the most of it. It would be nice to pull a pound of cured flower out of there to keep me supplied for a while. I lucked out immensely with only a single male out of only 11 seeds started, too.

I think a lot of new growers do more harm than good by literally loving their plants to death. All the fancy soil and nutrients in the world are not going to make a cannabis plant grow any better, though it will lighten up the pocketbook. It’s a weed, it thrives on intelligent neglect.

1 Like

I can’t find my old post of my plant that had that mutation, but it’s called Fasciation. I had a fennel plant in my garden last season that exhibited that mutation. :wink::+1:

1 Like
1 Like

That mutation is, if not an auto flower plant, something you could clone a normal looking branch of and potentially get a perfectly normal plant with no deformation.

1 Like

Well, we’re a week into flowering and the S T R E T C H is on. That closet is getting seriously stanky, too.

That White Rhino is turning into a beast, it’s just a shame that she got a bit of leaf scorch. Check out the Dirty Martini auto, she’s been left alone to do her own thing and is coming along nicely:

The Trizzlerz auto is just about done, she’s due to chop April 5 but I might take her early so I can have something to toke on for 4/20.

These guys have put on a lot of growth, and I think once they are done stretching I will hit them with the GH nutrients again to boost flowering. They’ve been doing quite well with only Osmocote, but I think they could use a little more phosphorus. They shouldn’t need much more nitrogen once they’re done stretching.

4 Likes

Two weeks into flowering and they’re just about done stretching. Good thing, too, because they are getting pretty close to the lights and I can’t raise them much more.

It’s time to take the Trizzlerz auto down, she is 72 days on the dot and is basically done. I could let her go longer, but I don’t think she would gain much weight and I think it would be kinda pointless. Very pretty plant but I goofed, badly, with her. Oh well, there’s a learning curve with these guys…plus I will get a little bit of smoke for 4/20 despite my glaring errors.

3 Likes

I really should have taken more lower branches off of my plants, because they won’t amount to much of anything. I still might cut them off, though I would like to hit a few on each girl with the pollen from my bizarre mutant male.

Option B would be to leave them as virgins and use the cuttings I have stored in my fridge to make seeds later on. I’m more inclined to go this route, because I can better judge who is worthy after smoking the finished product.

This is my bizarre mutant male, a Queen Anne’s Revenge (Bloodwreck x Space Queen) Queen Anne’s Revenge | MzJill TGA

I freaking loved Space Queen and having something with SQ in the pedigree is very nice.

4 Likes

Here’s a pic of the Trizzlerz. I found a convenient place to hang it, and there it’s going to stay for a while. The air is bone dry, so it shouldn’t take too long to dry. It won’t be cured to perfection, but it should be smokable by 4/20. As you can see, it’s a very disappointing yield (and mostly my fault).

Here’s a pic of the way I rigged things up to collect pollen. It’s just the humidity domes from a couple of seed starter trays, works great to let in light but keep them in still air so the pollen falls straight down.

A view of the girls with the lights off. I’m going to hit them with bloom booster nutrients, since I see they’re starting to scavenge N from their lower leaves. This tells me they are just about done stretching, and getting ready to kick into full flowering mode. I can see the top cola structures already taking shape, and they have potential.

The two WR branch tips that were dusted with QAR pollen. Tonight is a full moon, so maybe something truly magical will happen- who knows.

Things are finally starting to take shape, and I am excited to see what happens. The closet reeks like cat piss, and I know for a fact no actual cat has been in there. :+1:t2::skull:

4 Likes

I LOVE this! I’m stealing it.

2 Likes

Ya this is a really good idea!

That freak male just keeps getting more gnarly.

2 Likes

Thanks! I occasionally stumble across a winner haha :joy:

The wax paper seems to work great for catching it, but I suppose I could have used parchment paper. I still need to rig up a way to cleanly catch pollen from the actual plant. I still have a bit of time, but he’s starting to open up and drop pollen and I need to figure it out soon. I’ll ponder it for a while.

1 Like

That third picture makes the top of the plant look like a dragons head. That is one freaky looking plant!

1 Like

I’ve decided to name him Draco. He’s already pollinated the White Rhino, Poison Daddy and MMXX. I’m going to collect as much pollen as possible from him, so I can share with others. I found a female with the same traits, and am hoping to share pollen with the grower (for the sake of science lol).

2 Likes

Bad news. One of the Orange Goji x Amnesia Haze has decided to go :transgender_flag: so it’s gone.

I hate to kill it, but I definitely don’t want something that is hermie to that degree in my room.

The ladies are starting to scavenge their lower leaves, which means that they are due to get a little fertilizer.

Here’s the two Grape Pie x Snow Lotus, they are both very happy plants and are looking quite healthy. I really wanted to hit them with some BOG pollen, but I don’t have any.

The White Rhino is on the right, and the other Orange Goji x Amnesia Haze is on the left. The WR got its top a bit crisped up from zooming into the HPS, but it responded by growing out several new tops. It’s a heavy feeder. I pollinated it with the mutant male’s pollen.

This is MMXX on the left, it reeks of cat piss right now. It smells so strong that at first I thought a tomcat actually had sprayed nearby. I hit it with the mutant male pollen as well.

This is Poison Daddy. I dabbed a big of pollen on some of her lower branches as well.

Lastly is Dirty Martini, top center. It’s been growing mostly under a 100w LED and hasn’t been touched, except for watering it. It looks good, though I am not terribly impressed with autoflowering plants. I debated whether to pollinate it or not, and decided against it.

4 Likes

Very very disappointed with Trizzlers. There’s maybe 3 grams of “bud” (and I am being generous). It’s all just leaves and stems. Boo :-1:t2:

Tastes and smells okay enough, but there’s just nothing there.

I took a test toke and it was just kinda meh.

1 Like

Hey, at least you gave her a shot. Onto the next great strain!

1 Like

I’m not really complaining, it was a freebie and a learning experience- but nah, there’s better stuff out there than that.

1 Like