The lazy way to Bulk seed harvesting

Always! :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

Have you tried a cocktail shaker? It seriously may work. If you can peel garlic by doing it…it’s worth a try. Or 2 metal bowls put together and shake it.

2 Likes

I’m in the process of wanting to smoke some of my seeded LRxUV, but I usually deseed bud when it’s dryer, brick weed style with a playing card and shoebox.
If I can find my dust covered martini shaker I’m going to try the @Meesh method first!

5 Likes

Let me know if it works! So far it’s just a theory

1 Like

My first attempt with dry, but still squishy, buds netted about half of the seeds.

Not a bad haul!

5 Likes

With a shaker?..:sunglasses:

1 Like

I wanted to do more than would fit in a shaker so I used a clean popcorn tin.

Half the seeds still isn’t too bad.

1 Like

Keep shaking then… Y’all men should be bosses at that hand movement. lol

7 Likes

Life hack #47 :laughing:

1 Like
8 Likes

There’s plexiglass on the front to keep everything in too. These things are game changers when you’re playing with a lot of seeds.

1 Like

I believe this is an appropriate replacement for the tinfoil, too. :robot:

:evergreen_tree: RFID no thank you

@99PerCent & @Jellypowered, I use a regular screen type kitchen strainer. Pour it in and push down LIGHTLY while rubbing across the screen. All sticks (I hate smoking the wood) stay in the strainer as well. It comes out pretty fine, so you want to use the largest mesh strainer you can find that won’t let the seeds come through. I do about 1/2 to a full ounce at a time. Takes just a few minutes. My screen is pretty coarse, so the weed comes out perfect for rolling a joint with. A few trikes fall out, but I sift over a large glass mixing bowl and just brush them out to smoke separately. :dizzy_face:

It works good with very little effort. Best of all,** you** control the pressure being used.

@Sebring: Tried and true method. It just takes a long time and gives me a stiff neck. Try the kitchen sifter, you probably already have one at home so no extra investment. If not, they are under $10 just about anywhere. If it is dry enough to smoke, this method will work and you’ll get all the seeds with none turning up as a surprise while smoking. :thumbsup::ok_hand:

@Artisan I’m sure it is. Especially if you build it yourself. I think for an average home grower, it may be cost prohibitive to purchase one.

That sounds vaguely sexist. :thinking::laughing:

5 Likes

@anon58740919 where’s your AmsterdamDeWalt seed-sorter ? :smile:

:evergreen_tree: swedish supergrip suckmachine

2 Likes

You can build them much smaller for different applications broham

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on how this works and what kind of screens the 2x3 screens are? :thinking:

Im picturing that you sorta press and roll the bud between the card and the screens and the seeds stay on top of the screen while the bud remnants fall through the screen?

I actually use my trim bin now, but the same thing applies. I tilt the screen slightly so the top is higher than the bottom. Break up the buds at the top of the screen and the seeds roll to the bottom while the plant matter stays at the top.

2 Likes

Oh ok, so the plant matter like “sticks” to the screen? What kind of screens do you use if you happen to remember :thinking:

1 Like

Any silkscreen will do, I use a 110 LPI screen. You can collect the kief from under when done too.

The same principle would work on any hard surface really. Got an old LP album? :rofl:Round seeds roll.

3 Likes

I dry my trimmed seeded buds out fully. Place the Buds in a bucket with lid and shake aggressively. This usually releases 90% of the seeds from the dried bud.
Any seeds remaining get plucked from the Buds as I smoke them.

3 Likes